End of August Testing Party Thread, Join me!

As far as how people deal with TTC - you just have to keep going there isn't really anything else you can do. What I don't get is how people can NTNP - we did it for one month and I felt so helpless. At least with attc you feel like you are doing your best.

Also, I am jelly of those of you who can get dollar store OPKs. We don't have chain dollar stores like Dollar Tree or Family dollar in NYC just little privately owned 99¢ stores - they sell preg tests but not OPKs.

like mintastic said- you just keep on hoping and trying.

ff gave me my crosshairs- I thought they would be the day later but we are covered either way
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/37265e//thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

Glad you got your BD in at the right time Bug!

I don't know what to do because EOD is tough enough for us and we already BD'd yesterday and a few times earlier in the week due to my getting four straight days of flashing smilies but just now I got more ewcm than I have ever seen in my life so obviously we should BD tonight but we are going out late and I worry it will be tough to make it happen.

Mint, can you BD earlier in the evening before you go out? I've found that I do a better hub with making it happen if I do it earlier in the evening, more like after work and before dinner. I just get too tired later on. Sometimes I manage but I have better luck earlier. Thankfully it didn't take H too long to pick up on this, so he accommodates my lameness well. ;)

I did an opk when I got home from work, it was close to being as dark as the control line but not quite. So now I'll just keep testing the next few days and see if it's getting lighter or darker. It's so hard to tell for sure, it's so close to the control line. But H agreed that it was a little off, and even agreed to help me read them the next few days if I'm having a hard time telling for sure. :)

I agree - reading the strip OPKs can be so tricky. That is great that your hubs will help you look at them turtle!

Well...it looks like our plans might be cancelled - DH got stuck at work and his brother flaked (unsurprisingly) which is good for TTC stuff but sad for life as I was actually looking forward to it (a live-scored movie).

I thought it was great too! I will admit, I was a little surprised that he agreed to help without any fuss or hesitation, but pleasantly so! :)

Awww, sorry your plans look to be cancelled! :( That's always a bummer, especially when it's something you've been really looking forward to. And it sounds like that would've been really cool! But hey, like you said, at least it's a positive thing with your ttc life! :)

I've been MIA, waiting to start OPKing haha, starting OPKs today, CD 17. I meant to start them 2 days ago, but things kept coming up :)

Turtle- I'm so glad you were able to get those opks! And even happier that they were dark. Better get your game face on girl! :happydance:

Mint- it sucks about the cheap opks. Are you able to get them online though?

Afm- girls night was a blast. I had a little too much fun though and now I'm paying for it...no bueno. I totally forgot I have work today so I'm dragging my ass praying no one will notice.
Great news though.. When I came home last night hubby was raring to get it on. .AND..I took another OPK this morning and it was still positive! :yipee: This is the first time in months that we were able to BD 2 days in a row and have it fall on cd14.
So I'm assuming by tomorrow it'll be negative and I will be 1dpo?? I'm cautiously excited this cycle :)

Sounding good MnG! Fingers crossed for you x

Thanks. I have the CD21 BW Friday, hoping for some great news. I'll be crushed if they say I didn't O "good enough".

Hope it all goes well!

I think I've already O'd. My only worry is that we didn't manage to DTD yesterday, which was one of my days post positive OPK that we should have BD'd. But every second day isn't bad, eh? Just need to wait and see what my chart does now! I really wanna see crosshairs! x

Of course you should! Any time is better then no time!

Did you have 3 days of high temps yet? I'm still waiting on mine as well. They didn't show for me last month and I had to change FF settings. Very much a pain in the ass. Why can't everything just go as planned? :wacko:

Nah not yet! Yesterdays temp was the same as the highest temp I've had this cycle and todays was a bit higher again. I'm a bit lost to be honest cos this is my first cycle charting. My OPK was positive on Thursday, yesterdays was negative so I suspect I ovulated yesterday, if I did at all! x

If you ovulated yesterday you're officially 1dpo today! Wahooo! :happydance:

Mn! That's great! I know you were struggling to get BD in at the right times last cycle.

I haven't ordered cheapies online yet but I should. I settled for store-brand which is more expensive than ic but way cheaper than name-brand.

I got my solid smiley! After 4 days of flashing. The Walgreen's cheapie doesn't look as positive as it did earlier in my cycle though which is still confusing (photos in my post in OPK gallery).
Oh well I am just so happy to get a positive anything on cd16 after not getting one til cd23 last cycle!

Hope so!

Looking good Mint, CD16 is definitely an improvement on CD23 last cycle! Yay! x

That's great mint!!!! CD 16 is much better. Hopefully that means a longer LP as well.
I'm loving all this good news! :)

Looks like I didn't actually ov this cycle. See some of you in next months threads- good luck and lots of baby dust

So I have a question. I've been using the CB digital for 2 cycles now. Each time the smiley would go away after 5 mins and I'd reuse until it was negative again. 2 days ago I got the smiley again but this time the screen didn't clear. I had a 2nd one so I used that thinking it was a fluke....The same thing happened. Half an hour later the screen still hasn't cleared. Has anyone had this issue? I'd hate to have to buy a new one.

Bug - so sorry to here that - are you sure?

Mn - I have the advanced cb digi - are you using the regular or advanced? For that one according to the package the flashing smilies (high) go away after 5mins but the sold smiley (peak) stays for 2 days. I just checked mine from this morning and it is still there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->