End of August Testing Party Thread, Join me!

Lol a bloody nose?! The poor guy. I'm the same height as you so I'm sure you can imagine him taller and the imagination we need to use in the shower :blush:

I agree, my first 2ww felt like a lifetime! I was soo convinced I was pregnant that I even got the "congrats daddy" gift. ... it's still in my undie drawer hiding and collecting dust :coffee:
It's so hard to think about anything else, I don't know how anyone does it.

Well yea I think you would need more than a telephone book to make up the height difference !!! and hes quite a bit taller than my hubby

I am not sure how these women do it it was virtually all I thought about even at work it was always there in the back of my mind and then the poas addiction omg I could see myself wasting a fortune on HPT if I test like I did last month this is why this month I am trying to be a bit more logical and hopefully more self restrained with myself or I will bankrupt us if this takes a while to get that elusive bfp.

Bing - yay for O triplets!

I was also convinced that I was pregnant in my first TWW. I should have ovulated while we were on our honeymoon, and obviously there was no lack of sex then. Maybe too much? I dunno. It didn't work anyways. I was heartbroken!

My OPK has gone negative today. I also test in the afternoon. My temp is up to 36.10 which is around the same level as the highest temp I've had this cycle. Hopefully it'll keep going up! I am also whipping out the lingerie tonight - we are getting a bit tired! x

Happy Friday, ladies! Hope everyone is doing well today!

Haha on the shower stuff! It doesn't work for us either...in fact, H and I have never actually tried it because I just know it won't work. I have found from experiences in the past that I don't do well in those situations, and H is 6' while I'm only 5'2". So yeah, we have the height thing working against us as well! Not even worth trying, it would be an epic faith as well! :haha:

I've been wondering how these women do it too! I'm only on my second month of trying and I feel like it's already all that I think about too! I'm trying really hard to be logical about it too; even if my mind is running a million miles a minute obsessing, I'm not buying lots of tests and I'm trying to wait to test until AF is almost due to arrive, or already past. If I did it like I wanted to then I think I'd be bankrupting us as well! :dohh:

I really have no idea at this point what's going on with my cycle. I don't know if I ovulated a couple of days ago or if I'm still gearing up for it. I really need to start temping or using opk's or both, this relying on cm only thing isn't working out as smoothly as I'd hoped. I guess I'll just keep bd'ing every other day or so for now and hope that I can figure out where I am in my cycle soon. :/

My last cycle was my first off BCP and was 27 days (I'm lucky, I know). I started my last AF on Saturday, 7/26 and finished it on Tuesday, 7/29. It was pretty light compared to how they used to be on BCP but not light enough to be concerning I don't think. So today is CD14. I'm pretty sure I did O on CD14 last cycle so I assume(d) I would sometime around the same this cycle. But having just gotten off BCP, who really knows for sure.

Ok, sorry if this part is TMI...Monday, Tuesday and most of Wednesday this week (CD10, 11 and 12) I had creamy cm. Then late Wednesday night I had a slight amount of EWCM...not much, but it was there, along with some slight pangs on the right side that could have potentially been O pains. Then when I woke up Thursday morning it was back to creamy! Which is so confusing to me because it was less than 12 hours later, and I thought you usually go fertile CM for longer than that! Today I think it's still creamy but it's so scant that it's hard for me to tell for sure...I can't really tell if it's transitioning into water, or transitioning back to sticky. Which I know, would make all the difference right now. Sigh.

I caved and took a test today, I'm 13dpo so I figured it would be accurate enough. It was :bfn: guess I will wait the 3 days and see if the witch shows up and if not I'll test again. Fx'd though that it was just because I didn't use FMU.

I caved and took a test today, I'm 13dpo so I figured it would be accurate enough. It was :bfn: guess I will wait the 3 days and see if the witch shows up and if not I'll test again. Fx'd though that it was just because I didn't use FMU.

Awww, sorry it was a BFN, Angel! FX that it was just the FMU thing and that you get your BFP the next time you test in a few days! :D

My last cycle was my first off BCP and was 27 days (I'm lucky, I know). I started my last AF on Saturday, 7/26 and finished it on Tuesday, 7/29. It was pretty light compared to how they used to be on BCP but not light enough to be concerning I don't think. So today is CD14. I'm pretty sure I did O on CD14 last cycle so I assume(d) I would sometime around the same this cycle. But having just gotten off BCP, who really knows for sure.

Ok, sorry if this part is TMI...Monday, Tuesday and most of Wednesday this week (CD10, 11 and 12) I had creamy cm. Then late Wednesday night I had a slight amount of EWCM...not much, but it was there, along with some slight pangs on the right side that could have potentially been O pains. Then when I woke up Thursday morning it was back to creamy! Which is so confusing to me because it was less than 12 hours later, and I thought you usually go fertile CM for longer than that! Today I think it's still creamy but it's so scant that it's hard for me to tell for sure...I can't really tell if it's transitioning into water, or transitioning back to sticky. Which I know, would make all the difference right now. Sigh.

I think it's just your body trying to regulate hormones without the BC. I bet it'll go back to fertile in the next few days.

Thanks, MnG! I sure hope so! So in your opinion then you'd guess that I haven't ovulated yet? I sure hope not, because we BD'd on Tuesday and then again yesterday, but if that was it for my fertile window overnight Wednesday into Thursday then we most likely missed it. :(

I don't want to say no definitely. I've never heard of a short fertile window especially if you're saying it was only a day. Though I do know it can take months to regulate after BC.

Can you get a dollar store opk and test for a day or two? That way you can tell if it's getting darker.

I don't want to say no definitely. I've never heard of a short fertile window especially if you're saying it was only a day. Though I do know it can take months to regulate after BC.

Can you get a dollar store opk and test for a day or two? That way you can tell if it's getting darker.

Yeah, even weirder was that it was even less than a day! I noticed it at like 9pm on Wednesday, and it was gone by 6am the next morning! Gah!

Oh what a great idea! I don't know why I didn't think of that, thanks! So since I've never used them before....if I have already ovulated, will it show anything on it at all? I'm guessing no, but that if I haven't yet they show a faint line as you near O that just gets darker and darker until you do? I guess I can just read the directions...haha! ;)

Lol. . Yes ..I have some cheapies I normally use and as it gets darker I'll use the digital. Any opk will still show up but obviously if you take one now and it's lighter tomorrow then it's over (boo!)
Hopefully that's not the case and it gets darker! Fx'd for you! Keep us posted :)

Ahhh, gotcha! So it will most likely still be there if I did O a few days ago, will just continue to get lighter and lighter each day instead of darker and darker (which would be the case if I was leading up to it). Thanks so much for helping me with this, I really appreciate it! I feel pretty stupid when it comes to all of this stuff. It's so funny how our bodies have been doing this for years but most of us are pretty much completely clueless as to what it's doing until we start ttc!

But don't spermies live for a few days? So if you dtd on Tuesday and O was Wednesday that's fine, no? You don't have to dtd precisely when you ovulate?

But don't spermies live for a few days? So if you dtd on Tuesday and O was Wednesday that's fine, no? You don't have to dtd precisely when you ovulate?

Yes, definitely. I know I'm not completely out if I did O on Wednesday...I just would have liked to have had more than one time of dtd that could potentially count if that was the case! The time we did before Tuesday was Saturday so while they could even potentially have survived since then, obviously that's even less likely. I know it only takes one time, and one little spermie...but I would feel better about it if I had more than one shot this month! :D

And more than that, I would feel better if I just knew what the heck my body was doing, and what phase of my cycle it is in! ;)

And more than that, I would feel better if I just knew what the heck my body was doing, and what phase of my cycle it is in! ;)

If we knew what the heck our bodies were doing we wouldn't be here. I'd be on a beach somewhere having a few :drunk:

As far as how people deal with TTC - you just have to keep going there isn't really anything else you can do. What I don't get is how people can NTNP - we did it for one month and I felt so helpless. At least with attc you feel like you are doing your best.

Also, I am jelly of those of you who can get dollar store OPKs. We don't have chain dollar stores like Dollar Tree or Family dollar in NYC just little privately owned 99¢ stores - they sell preg tests but not OPKs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->