End of August Testing Party Thread, Join me!

I've never had short cycles so I can't image how annoying that could be! My cycles seem to have settled into a happy rhythm now, hoping yours have too! * baby dust***

Hey turtle :) yay, testing buddy! Well I'm going to try and not go crazy this TWW and maybe test at the very earliest 10dpo. How about you??

Welcome mrs right, looks like were on the same DPO as well then. Very cute cat pic as well btw :)

Almost positive! CD 18 so I'm so excited that this cycle might be in the range of "normal" instead of my usually 35-43 day cycles lol I'm pretty sure it's weird to be this excited/proud of an OPK xD
[URL=https://s1035.photobucket.com/user/NicaQ76/media/6F9E23F7-0DEF-4F39-97DA-06EAB6358E82_zpslxwvxsyt.jpg.html][IMG]https://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a436/NicaQ76/6F9E23F7-0DEF-4F39-97DA-06EAB6358E82_zpslxwvxsyt.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

Wow I missed a lot last night! Sorry if I don't respond to everyone, it's hard to keep up!

Turtle - we weren't going to start TTC until this August either due to money. But last August we drunk at a wedding and thought sod it. One year on we are still trying so it's a good job we did start TTC a whole year earlier than originally planned! :haha:

Baby love - I really hope you get your BFP but I don't trust IC's either. I have had a faint line on all the IC tests I've done (over 40 of them in the last 12 months)!

Welcome Tui & Mrs Right :wave:

Regarding the digi OPKs, mint is right, only some measure estrogen surge as well so they are suppose to tell you more fertile days. But they don't always work for everyone.

Lith - sorry you will be missing this month. You said hubby had to go on exercise, is he in the army or something? I am a military wife too. Mine is in the RAF.

Afm - I had a busy weekend. Had my sister & her three children visit and we went to LegoLand. It was great fun but very tiring - ended up having to have an afternoon nap after they all left yesterday. I have a busy week this week too so at least that will take my mind on the TWW!

Loobs/MnG/mommy - is FF still saying your 4dpo today? When are you all testing? I will probably cave around 10dpo but want to try and hold out until 12dpo.

MnG - I have my cd21 bloodworks on Friday too! FX'd you have a good result this cycle.

Xx

Missed loads last night was watching House of Card (Love it !!!!!!!)

Welcome Tui and Mrs Right :)

@ Tui I think I am around the same point in cycles I am planning to test on the 28th that should be when AF shows her face but knowing me I will cave to the poas monster inside.

@Lith sorry you think you might of missed it this month fx you haven't hope you had a nice weekend xx

@MgN got everything I can crossed for you for your blood tests !!!

@Baby.love I am really sorry I am crap with spotting lines unless it can smack me in the face so I can't actually see it :(

AFM - nothing has changed other than I was given a clearblue advanced monitor thing this month this is the thing that you guys were talking about it monitors the estrogen and lh so at the moment I am on day 3 of High fertility not had my peak which means as far as the booklet told me my estrogen is rising to kick start the lh surge which seems correct as I had another negative opk last night its a good machine but here in the UK its costs £100.00 so its not cheap at all ! and the sticks are £40.00 you get 20 plus 4 HPT in a box so it could end up costing a small fortune.

One question the ladies who have been temping this is my first month should me temp be dropping its been going down the last 3 days ?? I have no idea really what I should be looking for with regards to temping

How is every one else on this glorious Monday morning ??

Emski - temps should be low between AF and O. The day before O they can sometimes dip slightly. After O they will rise steadily or sharply. They will stay high in the luteal phase. If you are pregnant they will stay high. If not they will drop the day before/day of AF.

Hope that helps.

Xx

I'm on CD 18 with a normal 32 day cycle, well normal as of lately anyway! I've had cycles as long as 42days!

Welcome! :wave: I'm not sure if I missed your post, let me know what day you'd like to be added in for :)

@ Bing thanks makes some sense so I am looking for a rise in temp correct above the normal temp I am seeing at the moment :wacko:

Hi!

I would like to join you in this TWW. We've been TTC for 4 months with this one...
I think I'm around 6dpo.. had a positive OPK last monday, and we BD sat, sun, mon(+opk), tue & wed, so we should be covered.
My AF is due on the 20th... hope it doesn't arrive :growlmad:

My symptoms so far are feeling really bloated and a bit gassy:blush: ... my (·)(·) feel bigger but they always do before AF...
I have to go to the doctor's on thurs, and decide if i'm having an operation (no big deal) - i'll be 9DPO and I want to test just in case but the chances of getting a BFP that early aren't very high... what do you think?

Congrats on the already BFP and lots of baby dust for the rest of you!! :dust:

Emski - I'm a charting newbie too! I have been struggling to get my head around it but got crosshairs yesterday morning so it is starting to click in my head.

Bing - Sounds like a great weekend! I'm gonna try and wait til 14DPO but I know thats not gonna happen. With my shift pattern I'll probably test on 11DPO, which is the 18th.

x

AFM - nothing has changed other than I was given a clearblue advanced monitor thing this month this is the thing that you guys were talking about it monitors the estrogen and lh so at the moment I am on day 3 of High fertility not had my peak which means as far as the booklet told me my estrogen is rising to kick start the lh surge which seems correct as I had another negative opk last night its a good machine but here in the UK its costs £100.00 so its not cheap at all ! and the sticks are £40.00 you get 20 plus 4 HPT in a box so it could end up costing a small fortune.

One question the ladies who have been temping this is my first month should me temp be dropping its been going down the last 3 days ?? I have no idea really what I should be looking for with regards to temping

How is every one else on this glorious Monday morning ??

I hear those monitors are wonderful! You'll have to let us know how you like it. I keep debating on purchasing them mainly bc of the price. And Emski is right about temps. Mine usually start dropping 2 days before AF.

Looks like I missed a few pages. I'll try to catch up during the day on anyone I missed!
Hope everyone over the big pond is having a great Monday so far! My day is only beginning!

Hi girls. Hope you don't mind my intrusion just wondering if anyone sees anything.

I'm not seeing anything but I have horrible line eye! Hope the next time you test there will be something with good news!!

Almost positive! CD 18 so I'm so excited that this cycle might be in the range of "normal" instead of my usually 35-43 day cycles lol I'm pretty sure it's weird to be this excited/proud of an OPK xD
[URL=https://s1035.photobucket.com/user/NicaQ76/media/6F9E23F7-0DEF-4F39-97DA-06EAB6358E82_zpslxwvxsyt.jpg.html][IMG]https://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a436/NicaQ76/6F9E23F7-0DEF-4F39-97DA-06EAB6358E82_zpslxwvxsyt.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

Nica, I hope you got your BD on because that opk is looking great!!

Hi!

I would like to join you in this TWW. We've beenj TTC for 4 months with this one...
I think I'm around 6dpo.. had a positive OPK last monday, and we BD sat, sun, mon(+opk), tue & wed, so we should be covered.
My AF is due on the 20th... hope it doesn't arrive :growlmad:

My symptoms so far are feeling really bloated and a bit gassy:blush: ... my (·)(·) feel bigger but they always do before AF...
I have to go to the doctor's on thurs, and decide if i'm having an operation (no big deal) - i'll be 9DPO and I want to test just in case but the chances of getting a BFP that early aren't very high... what do you think?

Congrats on the already BFP and lots of baby dust for the rest of you!! :dust:

Welcome ladygin! You're added for the 20th :)

9 dpo is still pretty early but not completely impossible. I hope your surgery isn't anything to lay you back from testing and such!

Canadabear- I can't find when you would like to be added for? :-k

Bah I am so sorry MnG I keep getting the n & g round the wrong way I am so useless !!!!! :blush:

From what I have experienced using the monitor I do have to say I do like it, you start the first day of your cycle from the first day of proper flow not spotting, it then sets the days it wants you to test so seeing as this is the first month its asking me to test from CD 6 so it can get to know your cycle. It works pretty much the same as the clearblue opk you have to use your fmu and you pee on the stick stick it in the machine which analysis it for 5 minutes and it tells you whether you are low / high or peak so its nice to know I am in the third day of high which supposedly you have high chance of conceiving on these days. I guess its nice to have the extra few says notice rather than just picking up the surge and hoping that BD on that day will be enough. But it has lots of other features like a calender where you can input the days you DB and with the advanced monitor it also test for pregnancy so it tells you when to do the HPT so you don't actually have to buy any other type of HPT as the monitor does that as well which is pretty cool :D.

It supposedly increases chances of conceiving 89% within 2 months and from what I have read it requires less test the second month as it records and tracks the previous months cycles so it narrows down the window and it compares 6 months cycles at time.

Bah I am so sorry MnG I keep getting the n & g round the wrong way I am so useless !!!!! :blush:

From what I have experienced using the monitor I do have to say I do like it, you start the first day of your cycle from the first day of proper flow not spotting, it then sets the days it wants you to test so seeing as this is the first month its asking me to test from CD 6 so it can get to know your cycle. It works pretty much the same as the clearblue opk you have to use your fmu and you pee on the stick stick it in the machine which analysis it for 5 minutes and it tells you whether you are low / high or peak so its nice to know I am in the third day of high which supposedly you have high chance of conceiving on these days. I guess its nice to have the extra few says notice rather than just picking up the surge and hoping that BD on that day will be enough. But it has lots of other features like a calender where you can input the days you DB and with the advanced monitor it also test for pregnancy so it tells you when to do the HPT so you don't actually have to buy any other type of HPT as the monitor does that as well which is pretty cool :D.

It supposedly increases chances of conceiving 89% within 2 months and from what I have read it requires less test the second month as it records and tracks the previous months cycles so it narrows down the window and it compares 6 months cycles at time.

I've been using the clearblue advance opk that seem to work quite the same and i'm really happy with them. I had 4 days of flashing smileys (high fertility) and then the solid one that means peak fertility. Hope it works for us!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->