End of August Testing Party Thread, Join me!

I am about 3 episode's into House of Card season 2 OMG !!!

Yes watched Breaking Bad that was amazing one of the best tv show's we watched, have not seen bates hotel might have to look into that

I am also currently watching Suits we did watch True Blood but it got a bit silly so have stopped watching that. We both loved Dexter :( sad when that ended.

At the moment I would say Hannibal is my new fav tv show out I love Mads Mikkelsen as Hannibal he plays it so well.

@ MnG how frustrating hopefully the change in date is incorrect however I did read somewhere that more couple's get pregnant if they dtd 1-2 days before o happens rather than the day of o itself ?

Welcome LadyV84 :)

We'll see. This is the first time we hit O day so regardless which day the egg should have been bombarded

Bombarded I like that word :) lets hope the Bombardment was a successful operation

Is house of cards on HBO or something? I've never heard of it! :blush:

Oh also, who's the one with the boxer? Dexter was actually named after the show lol. We had a lot of issues in the beginning so the name was very fitting. He's gotten MUCH MUCH better since then and I love his funny boxer antics!

@ MnG how frustrating hopefully the change in date is incorrect however I did read somewhere that more couple's get pregnant if they dtd 1-2 days before o happens rather than the day of o itself ?

Welcome LadyV84 :)

We'll see. This is the first time we hit O day so regardless which day the egg should have been bombarded

Bombarded I like that word :) lets hope the Bombardment was a successful operation

LOL. For whatever reason I always picture am anvil being dropped on the egg. Survival of the fittest, ya know? :rofl:

House of Cards is on Netflix.
I loved the first 5 seasons of Dexter then found it increasingly unwatchable after that and never even finished it.
Right now I am watching The Fosters - cheesy I know - it makes me want to foster/adopt a million children. Which I actually looked into but we aren't qualified due to not having an extra bedroom (hopeful future baby will sleep in our room with us while we keep saving up and look for a bigger place).

Tweaked a bit.

Attachments

• 2014-08-11 11.23.26.jpg
    2014-08-11 11.23.26.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 9
Hey, I'm testing on19th August. Period due on 20th August! Could I be added to the list? :) Anyone else 5dpo today? x

Hi Sparkles - I think at least 2 ladies here are 4dpo but I forget who.

Haha, bombarded. Love it! Hilarious. :haha:

I'm the one with the Boxer! I honestly think training him was the easiest I've ever had! He was a pretty good boy. We had our moments (and still do sometimes!) but all in all he's been great. They call boxers the clowns of the dog world and I can totally see why! He never fails to crack me up. And he's a mama's boy and looooves to snuggle and I love it so much! How old is yours? Hugo will be 3 next week!

I've really wanted to check out Dexter and just haven't yet. I've heard great things about it up until the finale. I'm sure I'll get to it one of these days! I haven't heard of The Fosters! Might have to check that out too...

I've also never heard of Suits...all sorts of new things to look into! I read the first 9 or so of the True Blood books and loved them, although they were quite cheesy themselves. I tried to watch a couple episodes of the show and just couldn't....they were way too over the top for me to really get into!

I've heard really great things about Hannibal as well! I think it's the same basic rough idea as with Bates Motel.

Baby.Love, it's still really hard for me to tell but i *think* I see something! FX!!!!

Sparkles, welcome! I am thinking I'm 1 dpo today, so not quite as far along as you! Good luck!!!

Turtle, Dexter just turned 1 on the 4th. We had some severe separation anxiety with him (not us lol, he had it) and it took a few months to get him to relax. We took him to 2 training classes and he did much better at the 2nd one. Almost a normal dog. He still ignores us when we're at the dog park, neither of us have a clue how to get him to listen. Suggestions?

Also, you MUST watch Suits! Hubby and I are addicted. There hasn't been one bad episode. Plus it helps that they're so sexy :blush: Speaking of Gabriel Macht (who plays Harvey) is my top pick to play Christian Gray :haha:

Turtle, Dexter just turned 1 on the 4th. We had some severe separation anxiety with him (not us lol, he had it) and it took a few months to get him to relax. We took him to 2 training classes and he did much better at the 2nd one. Almost a normal dog. He still ignores us when we're at the dog park, neither of us have a clue how to get him to listen. Suggestions?

Unfortunately, no. We have that same problem with Hugo, really one of the only problems we still have with him. He's SUPER stubborn and when he doesn't want to listen, he just flat out REFUSES to listen. It's pretty much always when he's loose in situations like that and it's super frustrating. We were having fencing issues for awhile and he figured out how to get out. When that happened, he just WOULD NOT come. It's such a game to him and he would just run the neighborhood. Would let us get close to him and then bolt again. I've had other dogs do this too, but not this bad or for this long. He's great at the dog park until it's time to leave and then he just bolts off ahead of us and refuses to come back. Thankfully he tires of it right before we get to the exit. And my grandma's place is at a lake with a lot of land. We would love to be able to just let him out and roam a little if he would just not go far and come back when we call him. Instead, he darts out the door and then makes a big game out of it with us trying to get him back. We just kind of have to ignore him for the most part when that happens down there, so he tires of it. Obviously that's not really an option at the dog park. So I absolutely feel your pain and frustration with him. Ours can be a real jerk sometimes! :haha: Please feel free to share if you figure out a way to get him to listen in situations like that! I'll do the same. :)

Oh see, now you're selling me even more on checking out Suits! ;)

Iith - it was me who asked about ur hubby's job! Don't worry I'm struggling to keep up with posts too!

Welcome sparkles :wave: I'm 4dpo so only a day behind you!

Mint - it's me, lith and I think mommyxof who are 4dpo.

MnG - sorry FF changed ur O day. Your not too far behind us though! And yes - DTD the two days before O has higher odds of getting pregnant than DTD on O day! We DTD the day before and the day of O so I'm not feeling too hopeful myself.

Turtle - I hope you right that this is my month now it's actually when we planned to start TTC! I had my neice a and nephews stay at the weekend and it was lovely sitting on the sofa cuddling them all! I kept thinking I can't wait until I have my own to cuddle, so I know I'm definitely ready :)

Xx

We don't have a fenced in yard, well its only half fenced on the neighbors side. He's been on a leash ever since we got him and we didn't let him run around until recently but still with the leash on just so if he did get we'd have something extra there. We did that for a few weeks and he'd never take off. Finally we decided to invest in a "shock" collar (we only had to use that function twice in the 3 months we had it). I love that he can run around in the yard and do zooming not dragging a stupid leash. It beeps, vibrates and has a shock option from 1 to 99. I used it on myself and 4 is the highest I'd go lol
Anyway Dexter picked up on it quick. If he doesn't heel on the beep he'll do it on the vibrate. But I'm such a softee I'll beep him twice before vibrating lol
I wish we could use it in the dog park but people have such big opinions I'd rather not get into a confrontation with a stranger.

MnG, just responded back to your message! Just figured it would be easier to respond there while already typing back. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->