End of August Testing Party Thread, Join me!

Bah I am so sorry MnG I keep getting the n & g round the wrong way I am so useless !!!!! :blush:

From what I have experienced using the monitor I do have to say I do like it, you start the first day of your cycle from the first day of proper flow not spotting, it then sets the days it wants you to test so seeing as this is the first month its asking me to test from CD 6 so it can get to know your cycle. It works pretty much the same as the clearblue opk you have to use your fmu and you pee on the stick stick it in the machine which analysis it for 5 minutes and it tells you whether you are low / high or peak so its nice to know I am in the third day of high which supposedly you have high chance of conceiving on these days. I guess its nice to have the extra few says notice rather than just picking up the surge and hoping that BD on that day will be enough. But it has lots of other features like a calender where you can input the days you DB and with the advanced monitor it also test for pregnancy so it tells you when to do the HPT so you don't actually have to buy any other type of HPT as the monitor does that as well which is pretty cool :D.

It supposedly increases chances of conceiving 89% within 2 months and from what I have read it requires less test the second month as it records and tracks the previous months cycles so it narrows down the window and it compares 6 months cycles at time.

Hmmm... sounds like I may be looking into one of these. I've never had flashing smileys before. Just the 3 days of solid. I doubt I'm highly fertile for each of those, though it'd be nice to compare to another.
My going to live vicariously through you. If you get a bfp I'll probably talk hubby intro getting one lol

[/QUOTE]

Hmmm... sounds like I may be looking into one of these. I've never had flashing smileys before. Just the 3 days of solid. I doubt I'm highly fertile for each of those, though it'd be nice to compare to another.
My going to live vicariously through you. If you get a bfp I'll probably talk hubby intro getting one lol[/QUOTE]

I am still using the normal opk the normal cb smiley face one not the advanced and I am attempting my first month of bbt temping so I will see if this monitor is accurate based on using the other checks so far it does seem to be doing what is says on the box I have other sign's of impending O like increased cm its now ewcm this morning so based on my assumptions I should change to peak either tomorrow morning or Wednesday based on the normal O calenders you get on the internet my predicted day is Thursday hehe its like conducting a science experiment this month lol

I do know you can get the monitors on ebay cheaper you just have to do a hard reset to clear any previous cycles that may have been left on the monitor from the previous user. Or if you want a brand new one you can get them on Amazon cheaper that buying them in the shops.

I will keep you updated on my scientific finding :)

I'm on CD 18 with a normal 32 day cycle, well normal as of lately anyway! I've had cycles as long as 42days!

Welcome! :wave: I'm not sure if I missed your post, let me know what day you'd like to be added in for :)

Thank hun =)
I'm CD 18 O today so testing on day 32 (if I can hold out that long haha!)

So the 22nd?

actually I think it's the 25th

Sorry, it's still early here. You're in!

My going to live vicariously through you. If you get a bfp I'll probably talk hubby intro getting one lol
I am still using the normal opk the normal cb smiley face one not the advanced and I am attempting my first month of bbt temping so I will see if this monitor is accurate based on using the other checks so far it does seem to be doing what is says on the box I have other sign's of impending O like increased cm its now ewcm this morning so based on my assumptions I should change to peak either tomorrow morning or Wednesday based on the normal O calenders you get on the internet my predicted day is Thursday hehe its like conducting a science experiment this month lol

I do know you can get the monitors on ebay cheaper you just have to do a hard reset to clear any previous cycles that may have been left on the monitor from the previous user. Or if you want a brand new one you can get them on Amazon cheaper that buying them in the shops.

I will keep you updated on my scientific finding :)

I'm on the edge of my seat. I'm more interested and excited for others cycles than my own haha

i do the cheapy packs because i can't afford the smiley ones lol! and mine go light then dark then light then white then BAM DARK LIKE THE NIGHT

lol. i guess the surge is gearing up?

Hehe dark light the night sounds pretty good to me hopefully we might O around the same time then we can be dpo buddies !!

So I just entered my temp from this morning and FF changed my O day to CD 14 from CD 13. Which means I'm still 3dpo today. Very annoying as now I don't think we BDd enough.
Guess the only thing I can do now is wait to see what the BW shows. Hurry up and wait...:coffee:

Hello! Can I join please? I'm going to be testing on 20th aug, ttc #3! Not holding out much hope as its our first 'serious' month of trying but fingers crossed!! Xxx

@ MnG how frustrating hopefully the change in date is incorrect however I did read somewhere that more couple's get pregnant if they dtd 1-2 days before o happens rather than the day of o itself ?

Welcome LadyV84 :)

Good morning all! Wow, now I have lots to catch up on!!!

Tui, that's extremely annoying about those tests then and the false positives! Way to get a girls hopes up! :(

You guys were talking about cycle lengths...I was off bcp for about 2 years quite a few years ago and at the time my cycles were only about 21 days. It really sucked a lot. In fact, the Dr put me back on the pill just because of that, they don't really like them to be that short. I was worried that it would be like that again this round off the pill but so far so good (last cycle was 27 days)...I'm only in my 2nd cycle off though so fingers crossed that it stays that way! Tui, how short are yours?

Samantha, I'm still going to try to hold out and not test until the 22nd. I had thought that would be 14 dpo when I picked that date but now it's looking like it will only be 12 dpo...but I think I'll still try then anyways. :haha:

Nica, yay!!! That's looking good, you're almost there!!! Good luck!!! :D

Bing, that's funny about you starting early too! Although you started a lot earlier than we did, haha! Sorry that it's taken you so long to get your BFP though. :( But hey, maybe your body just wasn't on board with your decision to start trying early and will give you your BFP this month, right on time for when you had planned to start trying! :D Oh, and good luck to you for your blood work on the 21st too! Everything crossed for you as well! :)

Emski, I love House of Cards too! We're pretty far behind right now though and need to catch back up. And I just realized that you are most likely not watching the American version...I can't remember where you are but seeing as you posted at like 2:30am my time, I'm guessing it's not here! ;) You're testing thing sounds amazing!!!! I'm with MnG in that I'm anxiously awaiting updates from you on it now! How cool! Seeing as how we haven't been trying for very long yet, I don't think I could talk DH into one just yet. But if it ends up taking us a long time then I think I'll be looking into that!

Ladygin, welcome! I know 9 dpo is pretty early to test, but FX that you get your BFP that day testing before your surgery! And I hope everything goes smoothly with your surgery as well!

Mommyxof, hmmm....what you're saying you get with your opk's actually sound a lot like what I had going on this month (first month using them and didn't start until cd14). That makes me wonder if I haven't actually O'd yet and if I'll get my glaringly dark opk soon. :/ I still feel pretty confident though that it was yesterday, based on the pains I was having. I guess I'll just keep testing for the next few days to see what they do. It was back to light again this morning, but it was yesterday morning too so who freaking knows. :shrug:

MnG, sorry that your chart is changing on you, and that you're not as confident now! :( FX for you that you still caught that eggie, I really hope this is your month! :hugs:

LadyV, welcome! Looks like you're pretty close in your cycle to a lot of us on here! FX for you and GL, I hope you get your BFP this month! :D

CanadaBear, that's so funny about your toddler bringing you the thermometer in the mornings! That gave me a good laugh! :haha:

Funny, without ttc I think all of us would LOVE to have a longer cycle, as that's less often of having to deal with it! But with ttc, I can only imagine how frustrating that would be, and how long the wait must feel! :(

MnG, I've been meaning to ask...that's a Boxer in your profile pic, right? We have a Boxer too, I just love him to pieces! Of course I love all of them to pieces, but Boxers are just SO much fun!

Here is my test this morning. There is a line irl but I may just have really bad line eye

Attachments

• 20140811_082254.jpg
    20140811_082254.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 13
Welcome Ladies Gin and V!
LadyGin - I got 4 days of flashing smilies before the solid as well! I am still not certain I O'd though...hoping temps will rise soon.

Emski - lucky that you were given a monitor - definitely excited to hear if it works well.

Oh and who asked about testing at 9dpo due to a doctors appt.? I had a lot of pages to catch up on from what was overnight here. For me I wouldn't test at 9dpo but I know a lot of ladies on here start at 8.

Can't keep up at all with all the posts! Whoever asked about my hubby's job, he's emergency services, not military, similar but different :)

Just realised I'm testing next Thursday not Wednesday, poop! Another day to wait...

@ Turtle I am watching the one with Kevin Spacy is that the same one as you I am in the UK but we get it on Sky Atlantic I love all the American tv shows

Broadwalk Empire, Mad Men, Hannibal etc etc...

@ Mint yea I can't complain as those things are pretty expensive and I do like playing with new toys !

@ Lith Hello oo next Thursday I have got my fx for you I am testing the following Thursday

@ Turtle I am watching the one with Kevin Spacy is that the same one as you I am in the UK but we get it on Sky Atlantic I love all the American tv shows

Broadwalk Empire, Mad Men, Hannibal etc etc...

@ Mint yea I can't complain as those things are pretty expensive and I do like playing with new toys !

@ Lith Hello oo next Thursday I have got my fx for you I am testing the following Thursday

Sorry I mean Thursday next week, not this week, that's this Thursday to me :)

I love Penny Dreadful at the moment, must catch up on Mad Men!

Baby.Love, I'm sorry, I can't really see anything yet. But it could just be the picture, and I seriously am terrible at seeing those! Like Mint, I was looking at where the test joins the strip yesterday. :dohh:

Emski, that's the same one I watch! I love it! I think we have like 5 or 6 episodes of season 2 left to watch, so we're just over halfway through the season. We got off track for a little while on it, I can't wait to get back into it!

Lith and Emski, we watch Mad Men too! Love that one! I know it's a little bit older news by now, but are either of you Breaking Bad fans? I think that's the BEST tv show I have ever seen. I'm also really loving Bates Motel right now, a lot more than I expected to for sure! If you even get these shows that is...

@ MnG how frustrating hopefully the change in date is incorrect however I did read somewhere that more couple's get pregnant if they dtd 1-2 days before o happens rather than the day of o itself ?

Welcome LadyV84 :)

We'll see. This is the first time we hit O day so regardless which day the egg should have been bombarded

Hello! Can I join please? I'm going to be testing on 20th aug, ttc #3! Not holding out much hope as its our first 'serious' month of trying but fingers crossed!! Xxx

:wave: hi there! I've got you added. Good luck to you! !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->