End of August Testing Party Thread, Join me!

Nica- I had a mc at the end of November 2012 and conceived my dd the beginning of February 2013. The dr told us to take a month off after the mc to build the lining back up. So it was our 2nd month that I got pregnant. So I hope this is the month for you!

Ditto Nica!

MnG, I'm right there with you on that! At DH's prompting I finally went to the urologist early last year about it, just in case. Turns out I don't have a tiny bladder after all but rather Overactive Bladder. They put me on meds for it which *kind of* worked, but I HATED the meds. They didn't help enough to make it worth it to me so I finally just stopped taking them. Although it's completely annoying and inconvenient, I've lived with it my whole life so what's the difference? I've joked too about how bad it will be once I am pregnant, if I go this often now I'll probably be living in the bathroom when I'm pregnant! :dohh: Thankfully it's not as bad for me during the night.

Ha! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one!
They should make something for us poor folk that can always go!
I even have to restrict my fluid intake if we ever go on long road trips otherwise everyone hates me :blush:

Yes! I do too! I try to restrict it really anytime that it's WAY inconvenient....sporting games and concerts (don't want to have to make people move all the time to let me in and out), airplanes, car rides, etc. Unfortunately sporting games and concerts are a lot of times when I like to drink so it's a hard balance to find. Lately I've found a lot of places allow you to pick your own seats when reserving your tickets so I ALWAYS try to reserve an aisle seat if possible just so I can get in and out easier w/o disturbing people! I've literally left a bathroom before and gotten directly back into line to go again (on more than one occasion) if the line is really long and I've had a beer or two. :/ When I was a kid my mom used to think that I just liked to check out new public bathrooms (??) because I couldn't seriously have to go that much. :dohh:

Emski, I'm also in my 2nd month of trying! And it really does scare the hell out of me too, as much as I want it. And I feel like we're trying at the "right" time too! Yet I know we won't be able to imagine it any other way once it actually happens. Funny how that works. :)

MnG- Thanks for the welcome and add :) Sorry about the tiny bladder/sleeping issues. I have a "camel" bladder or so my DH tells me. I can go almost a whole day without going but when I do it takes forever. Lol

Turtle- It sounds like you and I are one the same track 2dpo!! Glad I will have a test buddy! When do you plan on testing? I think next Wednesday or Thursday I'll start being crazy.

Good luck everybody! Fingers crossed for some BFP's

MnG- Thanks for the welcome and add :) Sorry about the tiny bladder/sleeping issues. I have a "camel" bladder or so my DH tells me. I can go almost a whole day without going but when I do it takes forever. Lol

Turtle- It sounds like you and I are one the same track 2dpo!! Glad I will have a test buddy! When do you plan on testing? I think next Wednesday or Thursday I'll start being crazy.

Good luck everybody! Fingers crossed for some BFP's

Funny, that's one good thing about having a tiny bladder! (I still think it's also tiny, even if I do have overactive bladder) I pee sooooo fast! I've even jokingly raced against guy friends before back in the day (at the movie theater, whatever) and either beat them or been very close! Ha!

That's awesome that we're at the same place in our cycle! Yay! I had originally planned on testing on the 22nd (next Friday) but I ended up ovulating 2-3 days later than I had expected to when I picked that date. So now I'm not sure...I think I'll try to hold out until the 23rd or 24th!...if I can make it that long! :haha:

Evening everyone! I hope everyone has had a good day or is having a good day?!

I can relate to those of you who get up in the night for the loo or need a wee frequently! For years I suffered with recurrent cystisis so often have the symptoms of needing a wee a lot. Now I try not to drink much before bed otherwise I know I'll be up in the night but very rarely have a full nights undisturbed sleep. Last year I had a camera put inside my bladder and they said it is actually very large so that could be causing me problems as I don't feel I need a wee when I should so bacteria builds up! Luckily since I had the camera inside me I have not had an episode of cystitis! :)

Does anyone watch the great british bake off?! I love it! Wish I was that good at baking! My hubby is having a bake off competition at work. Each week they pick two names out of a hat and they have to bake whatever was on the previous episode, going head to head against each other...I know we are going to get bread week! I've never cooked bread in my life! :haha:

Xx

Bing... what exactly is cystitis??

I went to the doc many many years ago to check for diabetes and other imbalances but they never found anything. Before I left I had to pee :dohh: and I'll never forget this... In front of me there was a checklist " Do you find yourself going more than 7x a day?"..do you wake up more than 3x a night... on and on to which I answered yes to 6 out of the 7 questions. To which at the end it says please consult your doctor if you've answered yes to more 5 if these :dohh:

It's such a pain in the ass having to go all the time. It's turned into a running joke bw my closr friends. . Making sure I've went before we eat or start a movie lol

I'm having a great day. Hubby is making dinner and I got an "I miss you" card from my mom.
:thumbup:

Oh and bread is easy to make. The annoying part to me is waiting for the dough to rise. I HATE waiting for food. .especially when I'm the one making it.
Does it have to be simple bread or can you doctor it up?

MnG - you'd know if you'd had cystitis. Unless you call it something else in the states. Its where you feel you need to pee frequently, you go to pee and not much comes out and it stings to pee and sometimes you get blood in your urine too. It's painful and not very nice at all.

The bread will have to be something they baked on the show. I'm not sure what they have to bake on bread week yet but it will probably be different types of flavoured bread. This week was biscuit week and they made savoury biscuits, florentine biscuits and then three dimensional biscuit scenes such as gingerbread houses.

Glad you've had a great day! :)

Xx

Well it never stings or had blood in it but I certainly go all the time and its never much. Oh well. Just a lifestyle in used to by now. Florentine bread sounds delish! Can you mail some across the water? :haha:

Turtle and Emski its our second month trying too, well, we missed ovulation by about a week last month so this is kind of our first month...ish :)

App says af is due Tuesday, I don't think it will have happened this month, just getting that vibe, it would be too lucky for it to happen second month and at a time that would suit so perfectly. I'm very calm about it (which I'm surprising myself with), no great urge to test early, not desperate to get to af due date etc, which is good anyway. So yeah, I'll be expecting af early next week, I wouldn't mind if we were going to be ttc next month and the month after and so on but having to ditch it (and go back to condoms boo!) sucks.

hope everyone is keeping well! Very busy with work and other stuff so just stopping by when I can xx

Oh and re baking and the Bake Off, love it! I bake a lot :)

Bing that sounds like a urinary tract infection but I could be totally wrong haha

In other news, we got a rise! Yay! Holding my breath that it stays high :) I still don't think I'll be pregnant from this cycle, but better to have ovulated and not gotten pregnant than to not have ovulated at all haha

Bing, that sounds terrible about the cystitis! I'm glad that it's cleared up though since they put the camera in there! I honestly think that's what my BFF had going on for awhile but now I'm being a terrible friend and can't remember for the life of me if that was the actual name of it or not. :dohh:

MnG, they finally just ruled it Overactive Bladder w/ me simply because there were no other obvious causes, so that might very well be what it is with you too. They measured it, did tests to make sure I was actually voiding it, and even did a transvaginal u/s. All came back normal but something clearly isn't right with how much I go so Overactive Bladder it is! And yeah, I get teased all the time too. I'm pretty used to it by now too!

Bing, not only does that show sound great, but the bake off at your hubby's work sounds AWESOME!!! How neat! I love baking, I've really gotten into it more in the last couple of years. I will say that I've never attempted breads that are rising breads with yeast though; the ones I've done have been more along the lines of pumpkin, etc. Oh and one time I did a chocolate swirled pumpkin zucchini bread. That was so good!

Lith, that certainly does such having to go back to condoms if this isn't your month. I'll be keeping everything I have crossed for you that it is, for more than one reason! That's awesome that you're feeling so calm this month though, good for you! :)

Nica, yay for high temps!!! Now fingers crossed that you caught that eggie! :D

MnG - you'd know if you'd had cystitis. Unless you call it something else in the states. Its where you feel you need to pee frequently, you go to pee and not much comes out and it stings to pee and sometimes you get blood in your urine too. It's painful and not very nice at all.

The bread will have to be something they baked on the show. I'm not sure what they have to bake on bread week yet but it will probably be different types of flavoured bread. This week was biscuit week and they made savoury biscuits, florentine biscuits and then three dimensional biscuit scenes such as gingerbread houses.

Glad you've had a great day! :)

Xx

We call that a urinary tract infection or UTI!

Mine definitely isn't a uti. Or anything else medical. I think my "I gotta pee" sensor is off though.
When I had my first ultrasound to check for issues I had to have a full bladder. Well I didn't even pee before I left the house and had to go bad when they were ready for me an hour later. To my surprise she told me I was only a quarter full! I was floored! Imagine my pain when I had to drink a whole tub.of water, wait 30 mins and then have her push down on it for pictures. Ugh. :wacko:

Ha! I feel like an idiot now, I didn't realize cystitis was a uti! Whoops! That definitely isn't what my friend had then. :)

MnG, so you have had that lovely test for it too then! When I went in I told them there was NO.WAY that I could drink as much as they were asking me to, as far in advance as they were asking me to, and hold it that long. I actually kind of laughed at them. They told me start drinking it when I thought I needed to in order to make it REALLY full and really have to go when I went back. I cut the time in half; well of course that was the one time in my whole life that my bladder wanted to behave like it was supposed to, and when I went back I only barely had to go! She checked and said the water hadn't made it from my stomach to my bladder yet so we had to sit there and wait. :blush: At least I was scheduled for another test that they could do while we were waiting! Then I got to experience the wonderfulness that you're referring to of them pressing down on an uncomfortably full bladder. :/

Ha! I feel like an idiot now, I didn't realize cystitis was a uti! Whoops! That definitely isn't what my friend had then. :)

MnG, so you have had that lovely test for it too then! When I went in I told them there was NO.WAY that I could drink as much as they were asking me to, as far in advance as they were asking me to, and hold it that long. I actually kind of laughed at them. They told me start drinking it when I thought I needed to in order to make it REALLY full and really have to go when I went back. I cut the time in half; well of course that was the one time in my whole life that my bladder wanted to behave like it was supposed to, and when I went back I only barely had to go! She checked and said the water hadn't made it from my stomach to my bladder yet so we had to sit there and wait. :blush: At least I was scheduled for another test that they could do while we were waiting! Then I got to experience the wonderfulness that you're referring to of them pressing down on an uncomfortably full bladder. :/

Yes yes yes! !!! I feel like I could have written that. I laugh every time someone wants me to drink any liquid for any period of time. It's the worst!

I get UTI's alll the time. It's because I have to much protein in my urine and when I was younger I had some serious kidney damage which leads to a high amount of reb blood cells in there as well. I've learned that the only way to prevent them is a gallon of water everyday! Even with that much fluid intake I hardly ever pee. But when I do get a UTI (about once a month) I know how you feel peeing allll the time.

Bing and Rosie, uti's are the WORST. I'm so sorry you have to deal with them chronically. Bing, I'm glad yours have cleared up though. :)

A) we are basically on our second cycle trying as well. Third if you count one month of NTNP.

B)I have urinary issues as well! I have Urge Incontinence. Basically if I don't restrict my fluids and go to the bathroom every hour or more I suddenly have to pee unbearably and will actually wet myself if I don't get to the bathroom in time. I live on the tenth floor and I can no longer count the number of times I have pissed myself on the elevator headed home... Thank goodness for Always Infinity Overnight pads which are less awful than Depends and work most of the time...
I also did not tolerate the medicine well. I am supposed to go for pelvic Physical Therapy but just got the referral a few weeks ago and haven't called yet.

I am jealous of this ultrasound bladder test. I had to do urodynamics testing which was horrific. I was genuinely traumatized by it - as in having flashbacks to it and crying. And it was all pointless - no answers at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->