Evening Primrose Oil questions...

abc123x

Reaction score
As some of you may know, if I don't go into labor by myself by 38 weeks, I'll be induced during my 38th week. This is in the baby and my best interest(based on medical problems and my horrific previous delivery), so I don't need any "inductions are from the devil," lectures.

I want to go into labor on my own, and more importantly, if I am not dialated, my doctor will want to do a c-section. I would really like to avoid the section, so I am planning to use EPO to ripen my cervix and give me the best chance at a natural(or almost) delivery.

My question is... are the soft gels the correct ones to use orally and vaginally?

Also, I have read up on this a lot, but some sites say that you can start at 34 weeks and some sites say you start at 36. So am I okay to start at 35? When did you ladies start or when are you planning to?

Sorry, but all of these things are new to me. I never tried anything but the birthing ball with my first. I'll be asking my doctor about this at my appointment later in the week, as well as maybe using the gels or doing a sweep to get things started when I get there.

Any information is welcome. I know many of you ladies are very knowledgable about these things.

Hi!

I know im not in the same position as you BUT I want to do everything I can to avoid a C-section so I have been making some notes on what can be done!

I think it is the soft gel ones that are correct as they dissolve easy? And you can put them "up there" over night and they should be all disolved by the morning! I cant remember where I read all this but it rings a bell! Rasberry leaf tea is also really good for preparing the cervix!

There is a thread somewhere about all of these types of "preparing for birth" recipes!! I will see if I can send you a link!

Good luck!!

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...eaf-tea-rlt-evening-primrose-oil-epo-faq.html

try this thread

xxx

Thanks ladies. I've read that thread and begun raspberry tea. I just wanted to make sure as I've seen some conflicting answers and wasn't sure about the soft gels.

Does anybody know how quickly they dissolve? I usually only sleep about 4 hours before getting up due to my very weak bladder. :blush:

Hi Hun I'm in the same boat induction booked for 38 weeks so wanted to give my body every chance to help induction along or help it to go into natural labour Soooooo I started epo last week (inserting) until I read epo is a natural blood thinner so opted for starflower oil instead which is apparently better anyway as it's stronger so I'm inserting one a night they dissolve before I get up for my nightly bathroom trips be sure to wear a pad as you may get a little oily lol you can also get the starflower oil from asda as well so nice and easy access :) also drinking tons of raspberry leaf tea I hope this helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->