**EXTREMELY! LUCKY** Perving Thread

That sounds lovely moxie, we are in the garden painting our shed... :D

I buy cb digital opks off eBay, much cheaper!

X x x

Hope you all had a great day. I just did my temp before bed and it was 97.8, even higher than last night.

As far as symptoms go, I'm still accelerated and map to 10 dpo, not the 4 dpo I really am. I'm hoping this difference is a good thing, and I suppose I have the first 'failed' ovulation to thank for it. I've always suspected that my uterine lining was rubbish (my periods are so short and light!), so any additional natural progesterone is priceless! I still feel quite positive about my chances right now, despite everything.

I hope you get a darker line tomorrow morning, SBB.

moxie, what do the squares indicate on your temps? I've never seen that before?

good evening/morning everyone :)

I really hope its your month moxie, and SBB im hoping your tests are darker tomorrow.

I am convinced i had ovulation pain today, the mittelshwertz or however you say it, and im so excited its silly, even took photos of my positive opks, im a strange person :)

Goodluckk baroness :) hope you have bd'd lots!

Hi cheekybint -- I wasn't sure either and had to look it up:

Black Dots:
If data is missing, the dots are linked with a dashed line. Discarded temperatures are displayed as black dots.

Open Circles and Dots:
If something in the data indicates that the temperature may be slightly inaccurate (either by events selected in the Special data area or by a time difference larger than normal), the temperature is plotted using a circle instead of a dot. Please note that these points do not need to be discarded. The circle will just indicate to the reader areas on the chart where the data may be less accurate.

Square Points:
When you have entered a note or if you check something in the Special data section, the graph will display a square instead of a dot. This is useful to check patterns and symptoms not directly related to charting. Note that this display is not enabled by default. It can be enabled on a chart by chart basis by clicking on the Display Settings link below the chart.

FF kindly gave me a 5 day VIP trial, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to work on the chart searches and overlays. I can't find where it gives you numerical score, either. It was interesting to see my previous cycles averaged and overlaid on my current chart.

I'm still asleep so will reply properly later - but moxie, brazil nuts are good for thickening your uterine lining, you only need about 4 a day :D get eating them!!

X x x

Thanks SBB! Is it too late to start eating them now??

For fun, here is my chart overlaid on xmnd1's 'pregnant' chart:

https://farm5.static.flickr.com/4063/4530564904_ce9a6a2c20_o.png

xnmd1 is in green; my current cycle is in blue. My last charted cycle is in purple.

Hey moxie that chart is interesting! Looking good so far! Yep I think start eating them now, can't do any harm can it? I ate them straight after ov I think...

Baroness hope this is ov for you and you're not that strange :D

Thanks all, I'm not going to poas today... I have however, just done a cb digi opk, and got a smiley :D which I didn't get yesterday so I'm happy about that :happydance:

X x x

SBB, your temps are looking really good! I think it's wise not to test, but you must have nerves of steel. I'm glad the OPK was positive!

Ooh iv been eating brazil nuts for the past few days just cos i fancied them, didn't know that, i'll carry on :)

It's been five temps since my 'big dip' Moxie!
So I should be testing + if it was implantation?

Had a temp dip this morming though. .
Booo!

xx

Booo!

xx

That's a tiny dip! Did you test today yet?

The chart I showed is based on blood levels of HCG which doesn't perfectly correspond to urine levels of HCG. So, the earliest one might get a positive is 3-4 days but the latest can be weeks! I will try to dig out the research I found on positive HPTs past ovulation.

Booo!

xx

That's a tiny dip! Did you test today yet?

The chart I showed is based on blood levels of HCG which doesn't perfectly correspond to urine levels of HCG. So, the earliest one might get a positive is 3-4 days but the latest can be weeks! I will try to dig out the research I found on positive HPTs past ovulation.

No I can't handle a :bfn: today :nope:
So I decided not to test.

OK, found the article that I wanted to show you.

Natural Limits of Pregnancy Testing in Relation to the Expected Menstrual Period

Context Pregnancy test kits routinely recommend testing “as early as the first day of the missed period.” However, a pregnancy cannot be detected before the blastocyst implants. Due to natural variability in the timing of ovulation, implantation does not necessarily occur before the expected onset of next menses.
Objective To estimate the maximum screening sensitivity of pregnancy tests when used on the first day of the expected period, taking into account the natural variability of ovulation and implantation.
Design and Setting Community-based prospective cohort study conducted in North Carolina between 1982 and 1986.
Participants Two hundred twenty-one healthy women 21 to 42 years of age who were planning to conceive.
Main Outcome Measures Day of implantation, defined by the serial assay of first morning urine samples using an extremely sensitive immunoradiometric assay for human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG), relative to the first day of the missed period, defined as the day on which women expected their next menses to begin, based on self-reported usual cycle length.
Results Data were available for 136 clinical pregnancies conceived during the study, 14 (10%) of which had not yet implanted by the first day of the missed period. The highest possible screening sensitivity for an hCG-based pregnancy test therefore is estimated to be 90% (95% confidence interval [CI], 84%-94%) on the first day of the missed period. By 1 week after the first day of the missed period, the highest possible screening sensitivity is estimated to be 97% (95% CI, 94%-99%).
Conclusions In this study, using an extremely sensitive assay for hCG, 10% of clinical pregnancies were undetectable on the first day of missed menses. In practice, an even larger percentage of clinical pregnancies may be undetected by current test kits on this day, given their reported assay properties and other practical limitations.

https://farm5.static.flickr.com/4007/4530339139_86a6ed2b42_o.png

JAMA. 2001;286:1759-1761
www.jama.com

So you can see, predicting implantation is extremely variable!

Note, I have concerns about the above research -- namely that it doesn't have a good method for detecting/confirming ovulation, but instead relies on 'regular' cycles. And we all know how 'regular' cycles can be. :haha: But it is fairly honest considering most women don't actually know when they ovulate and instead focus on their expected date of menstruation!

I've mocked this up to give an idea when % of women can expect to see a positive HPT. But even this doesn't take into account the variation on women producing HCG and taking HPTs correctly. Other research shows that around 25% get wrong results compared to trained volunteers!

https://farm5.static.flickr.com/4061/4530356177_b17acf4e88_o.png

73% may see a positive HPT on the day of expected menstruation, but that still leaves a LOT of women who don't. I know some researchers who say not to test until 2 weeks after a missed period. (Can you imagine??)

Maaybe your chart is still looking great! Rememer fmu might not be the best for testing, maybe hold your wee and do one later :D

:happydance:

X x x

Thanks SBB! Is it too late to start eating them now??

For fun, here is my chart overlaid on xmnd1's 'pregnant' chart:

https://farm5.static.flickr.com/4063/4530564904_ce9a6a2c20_o.png

xnmd1 is in green; my current cycle is in blue. My last charted cycle is in purple.

That's cool! Mine went up right where your june one went down. Very Interesting :)

Edit: and maaybe, your chart is looking great, if your temps stay the way they are, I would say your looking at a very positive outcome!

Thanks for that Moxie!

AF was due yesterday though so it's 79%

I've been using JAMA articles for my uni work a lot lately :thumbup:

xx

Thanks for that Moxie!

AF was due yesterday though so it's 79%

I've been using JAMA articles for my uni work a lot lately :thumbup:

xx

I often get a headache in the 1-3 days before menstruation. Do you? For me, it usually corresponds to the dropping temps, which you don't have.

I'm still hoping that it's everyone's lucky month. Sorry that you've not got your positive yet. :hugs: I would be so anxious for confirmation in your position!

Hey Ladies :)

How is everyone?

SBB have you tested again yet? Maaybe have you tested yet too??

I'm struggling to see anything positive in my chart this month as my post ov temps are much lower than they've been previously. So I'm just going to have to wait and see. Thinking about testing early but would rather AF ruined my PMA than a BFN

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->