Fake faint line madness?!!

Was your rash obstetric cholestasis? A friend of mine had this later during her pregnancy with her first and this was an itchy rash on her bump which wasn't as a result of stretch marks (my bump would itch due to stretch marks)

Yes i was tested for choleastasis and had it mildly (apparently - was awful) also pretty sure i had pupps which is what this feels like. I had a few different itchy problems!
I did my other clearblue early but it hasnt cleared well its all smudgy. I do feel like i see something despite the smudginess? This is a little after timeframe when it had cleared a bit. Might be the smudge playing tricks on me

Attachments

• 2017-04-25 21.24.43.jpg
    2017-04-25 21.24.43.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 42
  • 2017-04-25 21.23.03.jpg
    2017-04-25 21.23.03.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 34
I did see something in timeframe but didnt get chance to take a pic as oh was lurking about lol. In other news i just broke a tooth :( add that to the itching and im not a happy bunny right now :(

Yes i was tested for choleastasis and had it mildly (apparently - was awful) also pretty sure i had pupps which is what this feels like. I had a few different itchy problems!
I did my other clearblue early but it hasnt cleared well its all smudgy. I do feel like i see something despite the smudginess? This is a little after timeframe when it had cleared a bit. Might be the smudge playing tricks on me

wow thats wierd!!! i'd be tempted to send that to clearblue and ask for a freebie, that should not happen

I see what you mean. The smudge is confusing things there but there does look as if there may be a faint line forming underneath the smudge as I think I see something above the smudge. I can see it inverted as well. I agree with above - tell CB as the test shouldn't be like this and it isn't as if it's a cheapie! Can you try a better pink dye too?

Iv been meaning to get round to calling them about the false positive ones a while back i will add it to my list of things to complain about when i do!

Does it work just as well if u e-mail them? The call isnt covered by my bundle it'd be sooo expensive!! I did a pound shop midstresm style too but unsure about it...

It would be better to email them actually, as you have written proof and also you can take your time and word it how you want, with every detail.
Do you have photos?

You mean to send to clearblue or of the pink dye? Heres the pink dye 20 from last night.

Attachments

• 2017-04-26 11.00.08.jpg
    2017-04-26 11.00.08.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 33
I meant your recent test but as you mentioned it having photos of your CB tests to send them would be a good idea, I would send them if you can, then they can't argue with you!
I don't see anything on this test :(

The cb from last night looks better today but my ics arrived and they look neg to me :( not impressed was hoping for a wider strip!

Attachments

• 2017-04-26 11.54.28.jpg
    2017-04-26 11.54.28.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 47
  • 2017-04-26 11.53.42.jpg
    2017-04-26 11.53.42.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 39
Did you order the tests that specifically say 'wide strip'? Because otherwise they send you the tiny tests which you have to use a sodding magnifying glass to read lol

Those blue ic's are the best in my opinion! They really do detect 10miu, I've tried them out countless times and never ever have they mislead me. Infact they showed positive 24 hours before frer :)

Why don't u try waiting until you (and IF you) miss a period to take a test? I know you want to scope out lines etc but what difference does it really make Hun? It seems so stressful to test every day for two weeks straight when the chances of actually conceiving are super slim... if I were to do that I too would start seeing lines and convince myself of there being a possibility and then be crushed when af arrives. I know you wanted to show us how you kept getting lines on certain brands etc and your lines were convincing at times lol but maybe u have a certain protein that sometimes shows faint lines at certain times in your cycle? Either way I think you would save yourself a lot time, money and headache by just waiting for af. Also, It wouldn't make sense that a clear blue will show positive before the IC as they really aren't sensitive enough to pick up early pregnancies ( despite their claim)for me they have always been the very last to show, even when frer was blaring positive there CB always took and extra day... in my opinion if u really want to inspect lines then I would play with Frer as these really are in the majority of the time the most sensitive and in my experience very accurate ( despite their being some funny posts on here about frer lately). I hope I don't come across as rude Hun, I'm just trying to help. Maybe you would have a clearer perspective if you just step away from the tests for a while. I know that if I tested daily I would also see indents and lines and dye runs that would have me wondering as well. Although POAS can be fun and addictive it can get draining ( for me anyway). I hope you get your bfp soon Hun and that you either have a happy accident or your hubby decides to ttc xoxoxo

No i didnt order the wide ones will keep an eye out for that next time! The early cb says its a 10miu. Im just kinda experimenting and i soooo cannot afford to do that with frer's! Its not stressing me out so much now i kno i might see faint lines anyway.. but this itchy rash is! Off to the docs later x

I agree with Laila, the clearblue are just too ambiguous for you every month but if frers cost too much, maybe you could get some superdrug red dye tests. They are super sensitive at 10miu and cost similar or less than clearblue. I would get a superdrug over a frer any day. Hope the Dr can shed some light on the itching.

I also agree with Laila and that the 10 miu tests might be your best bet if you feel the need to keep testing. I also hope to not come across rude because we are all here for some sort of support:hugs:..but maybe you should wait until AF shows or are at a point where you would more than likely get a positive test if you were really preggo (10dpo-missed AF), especially if you are not actively TTC or NTNP. The chances of you conceiving right now are super slim and I am not sure what you are trying to experiment with on an HPT. I can definintely understand doing this with OPK's and being a POAS addict, as I am one myself! lol But if you are against buying FRER due to the cost I just feel maybe giving up on testing all together would be your best bet...I got a faint positive this month with a IC and Clearblue and AF came 3 days later. If you are constantly taking them throughout different times in your cycle I feel like you may be seeing lines that aren't truly there.

Goodluck and hope you get your BFP when the time come! :thumbup:

There isnt a superdrug in our town anymore im afraid. Iv got 30 of those one step so will be 'playing with them for now. Itd them stupid alltest ones that started me off this month but dont worry im not stressing about it at all. I kno i appear completely mental but nevermimd!

I will go against the grain somewhat here (there has to be someone, right? Lol) and I have to say I think all of you are fabulous and lovely, and give good advice so don't take any offence!

In my opinion, those One Step 10miu ICs are controversial. I don't know how many of you have Googled or looked at the reviews on Amazon but there are plenty of positive and plenty which aren't so positive. Personally, I have had batches which seem to show faint lines which haven't always looked like indents and which aren't evaps, some have given evaps, some have indents, the quality of them at times is awful with the knocks and dents all on them too. I feel they are quite unreliable at times, but for some they are excellent.

The Superdrug tests I also think are pretty much the same. On their own website the reviews are pretty shoddy. I have had some with scratches all across the window, and a couple where there has been what first appeared to be a line but was a scratch right in the right (or wrong, the worst place to have a scratch has to be vertically on the test window!) place. My own fault for missing it in the first place before using it, but isn't the point because at first glance most would have instantly thought they were pregnant! It's only because I scrutinise them after, some won't.

I do think the best tests are FRER, but the flat kind, the curved tests from what I have seen are useless in many cases. They had them for less than a tenner for two, Josephine, if you were planning on buying anymore more expensive tests. In Superdrug, by the way.

Josephine - I don't think you are nuts and I don't think anyone here does. My heart breaks for you when I see your threads pop up because of your situation and it's clear you would love another baby and it must be so incredibly tough on you if you and OH aren't on the same page with this.
I know how strong the urge is to poas, because of all the what ifs, it is so hard to ignore. Especially when you have a pack of thirty ICs sat there willing you to pee on them, I'm certain they actually whisper "go on, pee on me, you know you want to"!
The thing is, though, these ladies here are giving you good advice. I think we all hoped perhaps a drunken night had led to a slip up potentially resulting in a bfp for you, I know I did. And whilst it is true to say even with a condom occasionally these things happen, I can't help but feel you must feel so deflated when you see what looks like the start of something, followed by blank tests. Perhaps you don't, I don't know, it's hard to say when we are all on our laptops, desktops, phone and tablets, we aren't in front of you. Only you will know how you feel. But if this is difficult for you, maybe the best thing to do would be to take their advice and wait it out until you are due af, buy a better test and then see what the result is. This way you have an answer, there aren't any what ifs and it isn't getting your hopes up then letting you down IF you see lines and then don't because chances are if you see lines then they will be much stronger and real.

All these tests will be different for everyone, some will give clear, reliable answers whether they are a cheapie or an expensive test and some won't. This is the problem, because clearly something gives you lines, and it leads you to hope they are real (and perhaps this time they are, perhaps they aren't, if they aren't they may be at some point but you could drive yourself nuts each cycle wondering), I wonder if it may be a good idea to have a chat with your doctor and see if you can get to the bottom of why you may be experiencing lines that aren't bfps

No one thinks you are nuts. Just don't see the point of spending all that money on tests when you are having protected sex? Doesn't make any sense really...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->