Fall is here...now to plant my little pumpkin seed!!!

Oh yay beaglemom! That will give you and dh a nice Christmas present!

Definitely! I was thinking how great if I could tell my mom & sister for Christmas. And I wouldn't have to keep the secret for very long!

Thanks for the tip, beaglemom! I did know that multiple eggs could be released at different times. FX'ed you get a nice Christmas present this year!!

Froggy - if I wasn't this obsessed with TTC I guess I would be fine with guessing my o date but at this point it would probably drive me crazy!

Hope we all get our surprise BFP's this cycle! :)

By the way, beaglemom - is your clinic affiliated with a teaching hospital/university? Mine is and I get a different student/resident coming in to either observe or perform (with my RE's supervision of course) my exams almost every single time. I'm not really uncomfortable with this but I just find it odd at times talking about my personal fertility status with a roomful of people sometimes.

Anyone else?

Thanks for the tip, beaglemom! I did know that multiple eggs could be released at different times. FX'ed you get a nice Christmas present this year!!

Froggy - if I wasn't this obsessed with TTC I guess I would be fine with guessing my o date but at this point it would probably drive me crazy!

Hope we all get our surprise BFP's this cycle! :)

Dh and I began ttc in February of 2010, so I find it extremely hard not to revolve my life around it! So occasionally I try to put ttc to the back burner, sometimes it works, sometimes I go cRaZy!!! Lol!

Floridasian - no not affiliated with a teaching facility. Not sure how I would feel about that. My gyno is a woman...I have always preferred women because I had a bad experience with a male gyno once...not weird or anything, I just found it not so pleasant. Women have been more comfortable & not so clinical. So my RE is a woman. But she has actually never seen my in the stirrups. The clinic has 2 other male drs who have both helped me. They all rotate. So having said all that, I feel like as I get older & more in depth with all this, I have not cared too much who is inserting the u/s wand or catheter!

By the way, beaglemom - is your clinic affiliated with a teaching hospital/university? Mine is and I get a different student/resident coming in to either observe or perform (with my RE's supervision of course) my exams almost every single time. I'm not really uncomfortable with this but I just find it odd at times talking about my personal fertility status with a roomful of people sometimes.

Anyone else?

Hi floridasian, the RE group I go to is a teaching hospital/university so I completely understand and at times I find it awkward especially during my cd3 u/s with 5 people in the room and my doctor is steady talking :blush: but they're kind and always ask if it's okay for the residents to come in the room beforehand.

Sorry about AF kj :(

So we had a crazy moment today...for those of you who may not know, I have periodically bought baby things over the last year...some things small, but a couple of large purchases because they were on sale like a stroller. Anyways, there was a bedding set at babies r us we really liked but it is more boy than girl. So it went on sale & was still sort of pricey. Then everything on the shelf was gone & a few weeks ago they had their display bagged up & marked down. So today we went in & it was still there & cheaper. It was $80 originally $190. So we just bought it. I think we can def make it work for a girl as well. And we have always loved it...so whatever...we are nuts. By the time baby comes, there won't be anything left for people to buy us!

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12365123&cp=&parentPage=search

Another thing going on...my husband is convinced we should do a vlog. I am not so sure. My family doesn't know about TTC & I would hate for them to run across my videos by accident or whatever. But my husband says that is extremely unlikely. So he has a name & ideas for the first few videos. I will let you guys know if we actually start posting. He bugged me all last night about starting. Maybe we will do some videos but keep them private for a little while.

I am thinking of telling my mom about IVF...just unsure. She is not the nest person to break news to sometimes. She lets worry take over & sometimes reacts negatively.

So anyone have any thoughts on vlogging?

That is adorable, beaglemom! I see sets similar to it at yard sales from time to time and I'm always so itchy to buy them but with DH standing next to me I know I can't. I can't wait to be pregnant again (and stay pregnant) to start buying baby items.

About vblogging - I'd also be concerned about people we know finding out. I know the chances are very slim but I'm on this board without my real name and picture for a reason! If it were me and I wanted to document it I would probably tape them and only post them once I found out I was pregnant. But again it all depends on how strongly you feel against people finding out. I did not tell my parents about TTC so they do not know about the IUI's and I plan to keep it that way.

AFM, I'm not sure if I ovulated yet. I had a close to positive OPK on Friday night and a true positive Saturday morning. Confirmed again with SMU on Saturday that the test line was darker than control. But since I have this gradual increase in temps around o time I can never tell when I actually ovulate. What's strange is that I've been having a lot of pain/cramping in my lower abdomen since about 7:30 PM last night. At times it felt like uterine cramping but others it felt like I just needed to clean out my colons. Once in the while the fullness feeling travelled up to the right side above the kidney but on the front. I have no idea what's going on. I slept in this morning hoping that it would go away if I rested a little more but it was still there when I got up. I can barely walk upright! I hope it goes away soon!

Floridasian - I am sure you have you BD bases covered either way!

Floridasian do you think if you have to do IVF you would tell your family? I am starting to think my mom should know I am about to go through such a big ordeal. But I am still so unsure. I am so private about things...I hate opening up & feeling vulnerable. But then it is nice when I can talk about it. It's nice when my manager asks about things & I can just be honest about it.

I probably would not tell my parents about IVF mainly because my mom went through rounds and rounds of failed IVF herself so she knows how painful it is and I wouldn't want her to worry.

I had this conversation with my cousin (the only person in my family who knows we're TTC). She gave birth to her daughter in May conceived via IVF. She's extremely close to her mom so her mom knows all about it and was there for her every step of the way. Her parents were divorced and no one on her dad's side of the family (other than me) knows about the IVF. Not even her dad (my dad's brother - who sadly passed away in May just two weeks before his first granddaughter was born) knew about it.

One more thing about vblogging - not sure how feasible it is but could it possible be an avenue to generate extra income? I seem to remember successful youtube channels or video bloggers bringing in top dollars because they sell banner ads? If you get enough people interested in watching that might be something worth looking into? Maybe even set up a donation link?

Yes I have thought about the extra income. I mentioned it to my husband...you basically just add the ads...but not sure how much you can make. I would not put up a donation link. I have always felt if I can't do this on my own, then I wouldn't do it. Signing up for the grant is one thing...that's why it is there. But asking random people or family is a whole different thing. I knew a girl who set up a donation link for surgery for her dog. I sympathize as a pet owner. But I also knew her grocery budget. She is from Germany & insists on buying higher priced German food. She said something like $800 a month for her & her husband. And shortly after the surgery, she flew to Germany to see family & they also bought a new car. Now I do not pretend to know anything about the trip. Maybe it was already paid for. But the car...I know their car was in working order. Even if no down payment, she is still adding an expense every month. She could have waited on the car & put the extra toward the vet bill. She could have also cut back on her grocery bills for a few months & lived poor. I don't mean to sound judgmental...but it is exactly this kind of thinking I do not want people saying about me. I have always been a person to take care of myself when it comes to money. I have never asked my family for money. I hope I never have to. I have always worked it out somehow. I don't want every purchase I make to be judged from that point forward.

Beaglemom that crib set is absolutely adorable!! And I really do think that it is gender neutral. You could maybe throw in an accent color of red and make it a little more girly without taking away from the pattern. Dh and I already have our theme chosen and saved in my cart on amazon!

I think the vlog would be a great idea. Odds are your family won't google ivf blogs. It seems that you are a private person but still would love an outlet, so it may help you. And who knows, help someone else too! I would follow you!

Small update...since last night I have been feeling this weird thing in my right side. It almost feels like someone is poking my hip bone with a needle. Not really painful so much as a dull ache. Sometimes it will move to my back. I am not really thinking this is a symptom or anything...I have had things like this before that turn in to nothing.

I totally understand, beaglemom! I should have said "if you are comfortable". I personally wouldn't do it myself either (mostly because I hate asking for anything - including money from other people) but I've seen other people do it. I don't consider it begging really but I know it's not for everyone. I've also seen people posting their cashback links on their FB page to raise money. I found it a little odd but I guess it's not as bad as a donation link.

Any symptoms out of the ordinary is a good sign in my books! FX for you!!

AFM - the pain and cramping subsided this morning and I *think* I ovulated yesterday. Very excited about this TWW!! :)

Good luck...I think being in a great positive mood can also help.

I am trying not to think about it...I have had weird stuff in the past being nothing...but then I stupidly googled it. All I googled was pinch near hip (or something like that). I did not include any TTC lingo. And of course first link talks about implantation at 7 dpo (which is me today).

Yay for EWCM! I probably only saw it once in the past six months!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->