Fall is here...now to plant my little pumpkin seed!!!

Beagle so glad to hear you have to good ones! So what's the expected date for the transfer?

I just got done with my injectables "class" DH was pissed because he had to do all of this in the military so he was like I know all this crap! But we did learn how to mix it and where to inject (butt/hip area) and that I'll need to be laying down. But all of that could have been explained over the phone and email of paperwork/handout. But you know what at least we know what to do and expect during this next cycle. DH is really hoping this works and me too!

I am not sure yet, I expect to get a calendar at class. I know the feeling. I had a med class for IUI, then for IVF, & now FET. I have to pay $55 each time. But it is nice in case you have questions.

They called me a while ago...I didn't have time to post.

She said I have good news (so in the pit I was thinking did all 5 make it?). But she said I have 2 out of 5. I was hoping for 3, but honestly, I felt this huge relief when she said it. When you really think about it, I either have 2 shots or 2 babies. The PGS embryo is already better quality. So I am focusing on 2 babies. She asked about gender and I told her not yet. My husband does not want to know for both...takes away the surprise for baby #2. But I do want to knw once we have a positive beta. So overall I feel pretty good. So 2 weeks from today is my FET class. And hopefully shortly after, I can do the FET. The nurse said I had to be on bcp for at least 2 weeks.

Oh man...all I keep thinking is I have 2 babies just waiting for me...at this moment, I am not even thinking about a possibility of failure. I am truly filled with excitement & relief.

Aww I'm so happy for you! Seriously I have tears in my eyes and pray you have success, and get TWO babies out of this. You guys deserve a positive test!

Beagle so glad to hear you have to good ones! So what's the expected date for the transfer?

I just got done with my injectables "class" DH was pissed because he had to do all of this in the military so he was like I know all this crap! But we did learn how to mix it and where to inject (butt/hip area) and that I'll need to be laying down. But all of that could have been explained over the phone and email of paperwork/handout. But you know what at least we know what to do and expect during this next cycle. DH is really hoping this works and me too!

Hon, I really hope it works for you this month too! Wouldn't it be awesome to get a bunch of BFPs to start the year off with? :D

So I went in for a repeat ultrasound this morning. The lining thickened up to an 8, but the largest follicle was only a 10 ( last Thursday the largest was an 8). Clearly my body is not responding to 100mg.
I'm really confused though, why would the lining thicken up well( isn't 8 a good number) while the follies just sleep? :shrug:
She is going to talk to the doctor[ and yes floridasian, she's an RE :) ] and see what the doctor recommends. Either 150mg, or a combination with FSH(whatever that does?).
Did you guys deal with this? If 100mg didn't work, can it work a second month with the addition of a shot or such? I'm a little afraid of bumping up to 150mg and having increased side effects, or CM/lining issues.
Will be starting progesterone in a couple days and should start a new cycle the first full week of January. We'll celebrate 5 years of marriage the end of January, and it would be awesome to get a BFP as a late present. [-o<

Oh and ladies I meant to ask, what does your RE prescribe to start a period after a failed cycle? This RE prescribes progesterone, and it costs $70 each time. :saywhat:
The nurses said progesterone was the only thing she used, and my prescription was the cheapest one, so I am stuck.
Just wondering if it's because this is better than Provera for getting cycles off to a good start or something?

Minuet - thank you so much...I am def so excited to start...no thoughts of failure.

As far as your questions, unfortunately, I never had any of your issues. Seems my body works just fine...just can't get the damn sperm to cooperate. So I was never increased on clomid because I was only on it to boost my eggs, not to make me O. And I never had issues starting a new cycle. BUT I did want to mention, you should try to use some natural remedies to help your lining keep up...like pomogranate juice. I know there are a lot of other things out there too. I would stay away from supplements unless you clear it with your dr. But def add some good stuff in your diet. You never know.

Hi everyone,

I'm back from our little Christmas break and I had a great scan this morning after five days of Follistim. Lining was 6.7 mm (not bad for CD7). And five follies on the right (8mm,8.3mm,10.1mm,12mm, and 14.3mm), and one follie on the left (11mm). My AMH also came back and it was 1.87!! I was soooo worried that I was going into menopause soon because AF lasted a whopping one day this cycle and my doctor said my ovaries looked small at the CD2 scan. My AMH was 1.38 last October so it actually went up! Yay! Looks like all the COQ10/Ubiquinol I've been taking is actually working!

So now I'm switching to Ganirelix and Menopur. Had my first Ganirelix shot this morning and will be doing the Menopur at night, and I go back on Monday for another scan. Keeping my fingers crossed that nothing will go wrong at the next ultrasound (no follies/lining stop growing, premature surges, etc.)

I'm getting excited about this cycle now (after the short/light AF and the doctor saying that my ovaries were small). If I can get four mature follicles there's gotta be at least one that's good and grow into a baby, right?

So I went in for a repeat ultrasound this morning. The lining thickened up to an 8, but the largest follicle was only a 10 ( last Thursday the largest was an 8). Clearly my body is not responding to 100mg.
I'm really confused though, why would the lining thicken up well( isn't 8 a good number) while the follies just sleep? :shrug:
She is going to talk to the doctor[ and yes floridasian, she's an RE :) ] and see what the doctor recommends. Either 150mg, or a combination with FSH(whatever that does?).
Did you guys deal with this? If 100mg didn't work, can it work a second month with the addition of a shot or such? I'm a little afraid of bumping up to 150mg and having increased side effects, or CM/lining issues.
Will be starting progesterone in a couple days and should start a new cycle the first full week of January. We'll celebrate 5 years of marriage the end of January, and it would be awesome to get a BFP as a late present. [-o<

Yes the Follistim that beaglemom and I did is a FSH. It's an injectable med and is $$$$ unfortunately but some people respond much better to it than Clomid or Femara. I did Follistim on its own but beaglemom did a Femara/Follistim combo I think. I also have lining issues so this cycle I switched to Ganirelix and Menopur (Menopur is a mix of FSH and LH) once my leading follicle reached 14 mm which was this morning. This is to prevent premature LH surge which stops the lining from growing any further and popping out eggs before they are ready. My doctor was out because of a death in the family so I saw a different doctor today and he wanted me to do Ganirelix in the morning and Menopur at night.

Sorry but I also do not have any experience with medication to jump start AF but I hope you get a BFP for your 5th anniversary! We'll be celebrating our 10th in October. It would be great to celebrate it with a baby in our arms but I'm not getting my hopes up. Whenever it happens it happens.

Floridasian - good luck. Just a heads up the ganirelix burns...& if you are mixing the menopur with the sodium chloride it burns. I was told to let it sit & it is a lot better. But I also mixed the ganirelix with menopur which was a lot better...too bad you can't do that.

I will have my meds class next week. Maybe we will both be pregnant in January!

Yeah..the Ganirelix stung a little bit but it wasn't too bad. And the nurse already told me that the Menopur was going to burn because she wanted me to mix it with only 0.5 cc of sodium chloride. I think the general rule is 1 cc so the 0.5 cc is going to make the Menopur more concentrated and might hurt more. She said because I'm a small person (5' & 108 lbs) she didn't want me to have that much sodium chloride under my skin.

I'm going to watch the Menopur tutorial online again with DH later to better prepare myself!

For me the sodium is what burned. When I didn't use it no burn. I was using follistim to disolve the menopur.

Floridasian, ouch! The needles do not sound fun.
You said you had lining issues, what does your doctor want to see for lining thickness?

He says the bare minimum is 6mm, but most places I see online says 8-10mm, especially if you are doing IVF. My doctor did say there's nothing they could do for my lining if I was on oral meds but they could manipulate it if I was on injectables. We'll see what happens at my scan tomorrow.

I had a scan this morning by a new doctor they just hired. My doctor was still out and it was going to be either the nurse practitioner or the new doctor today (the doctor who scanned me on Saturday was out in the operating room all day). When I saw my doctor last time and mentioned moving into IVF he said this new doctor would be doing IVF so I thought it would be a good idea to let the new doctor scan me and have him familiarize himself with my case.

Anyway, I had two x 18mm follicles on the right and 1 x 18mm follicle on the left. Lining was 7.3mm which I thought was thin but the triple layer structure was very clear and easy to see on the screen. Some doctors think having a triple layer structure is a lot more important than the actual measurement of the thickness. He said I was going to ovulate soon and I would trigger today. I want to give the lining a bit more chance to grow so I'll probably trigger tonight (he said I could do it this morning as soon as I got home if I wanted).

By the way, the menopur didn't hurt at all but the ganirelix did. I could barely feel it when I did the menopur injection last night but the pain from ganirelix lingered for a good half an hour if not longer. I'm just glad I'm done with those for now.

Yay floridasian. .. time for some mommy and daddy time. I hope this is your month.

What meds class are you taking today, beaglemom? I thought you were all done with that or is there a different drug for FET?

What meds class are you taking today, beaglemom? I thought you were all done with that or is there a different drug for FET?

My meds class is next Tues. It is for FET. There are different drugs you use. Because instead of trying to make eggs, they are trying to get my body to the point where it would normally be ready for implantation...that is when they will put the embryo in. So I am not sure of the drugs they will use. But I hear they are about $300, so not too bad. And not as intense. I know estrogen...but not sure what else.

I had a scan this morning by a new doctor they just hired. My doctor was still out and it was going to be either the nurse practitioner or the new doctor today (the doctor who scanned me on Saturday was out in the operating room all day). When I saw my doctor last time and mentioned moving into IVF he said this new doctor would be doing IVF so I thought it would be a good idea to let the new doctor scan me and have him familiarize himself with my case.

Anyway, I had two x 18mm follicles on the right and 1 x 18mm follicle on the left. Lining was 7.3mm which I thought was thin but the triple layer structure was very clear and easy to see on the screen. Some doctors think having a triple layer structure is a lot more important than the actual measurement of the thickness. He said I was going to ovulate soon and I would trigger today. I want to give the lining a bit more chance to grow so I'll probably trigger tonight (he said I could do it this morning as soon as I got home if I wanted).

By the way, the menopur didn't hurt at all but the ganirelix did. I could barely feel it when I did the menopur injection last night but the pain from ganirelix lingered for a good half an hour if not longer. I'm just glad I'm done with those for now.

That is awesome! My doctors never gave me a number for my lining...just always said it looked great.

Foloridasian
That sounds like the right components for a sticky bean!! And how interesting the different layers! My RE just tells me the thickness and says good. Lol.

So I have hit a personal goal!! I have been in the "overweight" category for my BMI and I just hit in the normal range!! With the PCOS it has been really hard for me to lose weight but super easy for me to pack it on. Anyway really happy about that since they say women in their bmi get pregnant quicker that overweight or obese people. But honestly who comes up with the bmi! Lol so hard to be in the "normal range"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->