Fall is here...now to plant my little pumpkin seed!!!

Nothing new until class tomorrow. So I should have an update tomorrow afternoon. :)

Wow - that is quite a jump in price for IUI! I think there are changes in my RE's office too. When I mentioned that I wanted to move into IVF soon to my doctor last time he said they hired a new doctor who will be doing IVF. The new doctor scanned me at my most recent ultrasound and although he seemed nice and polite I felt rushed and didn't think he was thorough enough. So I think I actually prefer my old doctor but if he doesn't to IVF anymore then I guess I don't have much of a choice.

I think beaglemom did the Femara/injectable combo. I don't remember if she did them on the same days or Femera first then injectables.

beaglemom - when will you find out the date of your FET?

Wow - that is quite a jump in price for IUI! I think there are changes in my RE's office too. When I mentioned that I wanted to move into IVF soon to my doctor last time he said they hired a new doctor who will be doing IVF. The new doctor scanned me at my most recent ultrasound and although he seemed nice and polite I felt rushed and didn't think he was thorough enough. So I think I actually prefer my old doctor but if he doesn't to IVF anymore then I guess I don't have much of a choice.

I think beaglemom did the Femara/injectable combo. I don't remember if she did them on the same days or Femera first then injectables.

beaglemom - when will you find out the date of your FET?

I will find out tomorrow.

I did femara cd 3-7, follistim on days 7-9...IUI on day 12.

I know! I was like $120 more! And the lady said well we haven't had an increase in price for 10 years. Which does me no good now when I had all of this scheduled and they inform when with a letter at the front desk..after I have my meds...after I stopped my provera..after my scheduled ultrasound. Just annoyed!

misaacs Congrats, that is really a massive achievement for a woman with PCOS to lose weight - very tough indeed. It will definitely help you to conceive.
I see you're hoping to start injections on the 7th, that's exciting!
Oh and I want to say the new schedule for baselines is insanity. Seriously, do they not realize that people have jobs?? That is nuts. Also nuts that they can just increase the cost of IUI like that without giving you any warning, doesn't seem right to me.

floridasian I totally hear you on the resolution to do whatever it takes to conceive. It sucks, it really sucks to accept the fact that we have to spend time, pain and money for something that is easy for others.
You have two things in your favor - you both are determined, and it's January. :D How exciting is that? I'm so ready for all those 2015 :baby:.
And you're already in the TWW, even better. :)
Love the adorable ( and cheap) Christmas onesies! So hope you get to use them this Christmas. :)

FutureBabyG Glad you have another chance this cycle. :) Thinking positive for you!

Beaglemom Looking forward to your update tomorrow :)

so, trying to decide what to do here, as it seems the doctor is fine going with either of two directions.

- we can increase the dose and do 150mg of Clomid
- OR stick with 100mg Clomid and at least 300(units?) of FSH.

I think the reason my body responded to 50mg Clomid in July was because we were on that super healthy diet for a few months, and I'd lost 20 pounds. Now that we've rather fallen off that wagon, I've gained the weight back (very depressing), and think that weight change was enough for my body to not listen to 100mg of Clomid.
I'm concerned if we just go up to 150 that my system still won't respond enough, and at CD 14 when the follicles are small, they'll just say "sorry, nothing we can do" again. Really don't want to waste more money and time.
However, injectables are no joke either as you ladies all know. What if we try the Clomid+injectibles and it doesn't work? Can we try it again? Or try 150 of Clomid and then Clomid+injectables again?
I want to be aggressive, but not so aggressive that we burn options along the way if that makes sense; and without being able to talk to the doctor it is really hard to get her views on it!

CD1 should be tomorrow or Wednesday, so I have to decide soon.:wacko:

Minuet
You could take the less aggressive approach and bump to the 150 of clomid if your ok with the possibility of another anovulation cycle. Because I didn't respond well to clomid but back then I didn't know I had PCOS because my ob wouldn't listen to me. Anyway, injectables are like you said no joke. Soooo my suggestion would be bump up to 150 of clomid and if you don't respond do the combo. That way you know how your body will respond.
And it took me a long time and working out 4-5 days a week for an hour really hard and trying to eat better but that's still a constant battle. This girl loves her some mashed potatoes and sea food alfreado lol

Minuet
You could take the less aggressive approach and bump to the 150 of clomid if your ok with the possibility of another anovulation cycle. Because I didn't respond well to clomid but back then I didn't know I had PCOS because my ob wouldn't listen to me. Anyway, injectables are like you said no joke. Soooo my suggestion would be bump up to 150 of clomid and if you don't respond do the combo. That way you know how your body will respond.
And it took me a long time and working out 4-5 days a week for an hour really hard and trying to eat better but that's still a constant battle. This girl loves her some mashed potatoes and sea food alfreado lol

Thanks misaacs. I'm still going back and forth on it trying to decide.

You could try looking into the Paleo or Primal diet, that's what we were eating so healthy for a while. I lost 20 lbs with no effort, no exercise and no starving - no joke! Not easy to eat so healthy though, so after a few months we stopped. We want to get back on it though, as we felt so much better.

Minuet
Let us know what you decided. I think either way you go would be a good option for you. And I used ivfmeds.com since all their products are discounted. They were super awesome to deal with too. The gentlemen I spoke to had the most amazing British accent!

Lots of snow here in Ohio! No work for me..Snow day:)

Beagle hope everything goes well for you today!

minuet - I agree with Michelle. You can try the higher dosage of Clomid first and if it doesn't work move into injectables. I think most RE's suggest injectables when their patients don't respond to Clomid or Femara. In my case I actually asked to be put on injectables before my RE suggested it. Yes it's $$$ so it's a big decision, but injectables work differently than Clomid - injectales stimulate the ovaries directly while Clomid works by blocking estrogen receptors in the brain and tricking your body to react to it. If the communication between the brain and the body is broken then it will not work. I'm not sure if that's the case with you.

Lots of snow here too. I think this is the first "real" snow we've had this winter so of course my street is not plowed!

Can't wait for your update, beaglemom!!

Floridasian- only a couple more days until testing. I hope you get some pink lines. Crossing fingers

My FET is scheduled for 1/29. They change my progesterone which really SUCKS! So if anyone needs endometrin, let me know. Otherwise I would only have to buy Estrace which is not that expensive. It is a pill form of estrogen.

So they switched your med *after* they already gave you the prescription for something else and you already paid for it? That really sucks. Did they say why you can't use endometrin?

So they switched your med *after* they already gave you the prescription for something else and you already paid for it? That really sucks. Did they say why you can't use endometrin?

I got the endometrin when I was supposed to be doing a fresh cycle. From how she explained it, during a fresh cycle I do make some progesterone so the endometrin is a supplement. With FET, they are mimicking a cycle...so the Crinone is a higher dose (I think I have that right). They gave me a week's worth & I have to give them a week of Endometrin. I think that should have been explained during my IVF class. That doesn't mean I would have done it. They never realzed explained what happens if fresh is cancelled. Basically it is rare, so they don't mention it. I am not really too mad at them. They are trying to help me out with some of what they have stashed. I have also asked my IVF thread if anyone has left over Crinone or needs Endometrin.

That actually makes sense but I had no idea Crinone is a higher dose than other varieties of Progesterone. When I first started with fertility drugs after my mmc my RE asked if I had a preference in which kind of Progesterone supplement I waned to use, and Crinone was one of them. He said he had samples to give me if I wanted it. I declined because I still had a full box of the suppository left from my pregnancy so I stuck with that.

Thanks ladies for the input.

I am swaying more toward just doing a higher dose of Clomid, and the reason is that we haven't done the HSG test yet. It'd be foolish to spend all the money on injectables and then find out at a dye test on day 8/9 that tubes are blocked.
I've read of ladies who had poor response to Clomid, so at day 12+ when the RE discovered this, they were given estrogen or etc at that time to get a response and "save" the cycle. My RE apparently doesn't do this, so is that abnormal? Just really hate wasting a cycle if 150 doesn't work - but the rational part of my brain keeps telling me we should at least try.
And AF, where is she?? :shrug:

So we got to my appointment early yesterday. So we ad a lot of time to shop. e went to Buy Buy Baby & Target. Target is having a lot of clearance in baby right now. I did not find a great deal like floridasian, but we did buy a bouncer. It was $35 from $49. And I bought some bibs. Then at Buy Buy Baby I found a frame with a silhouette of a pregnant woman & the belly is open for a sonograph pic. I also got another frame with 3 photos...sonograph, birth, & 1 year. They were 50% off. Then we came back to my work & went to the consignment store. I bought a few long sleeve onsies & a sleeper onsie. One of them was Santa so I paid less than $1 for it. When I got home yesterday I was looking through all of it. I know I am nuts, but I am determined this will work. I can't wait to be pregnant & find out the gender!

Don't worry beaglemom - you are not crazy. I probably have about 50 packs of diapers stocked up already!

Minuet- I already ovulate on my own I am only using fertility medications for more eggs and better quality. I have never had my body not respond so I apologize that I can't help you with your question. I think upping the clomid is a wise choice. They always say you're more fertile 6 months after hsg, so save those month for the injectables if you need them. Another thing I have learned is not to be shy or reserved. Ask every question you can and express your concern. Ask about trying different things. I have felt so weird and bossy but I feel so much better when I walk out and my doctor listens to my suggestions. Now my dh is asking and talking in appointments.

Beaglemom- congrats on your conception or Pupo date. Love the little purchases. You wont need anything for a baby shower. That's the only thing that holds me back is we have big families and I don't know what I would ask for. I have looked at diapers but I want to wait for that heart beat ultrasound then watch out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->