Fall is here...now to plant my little pumpkin seed!!!

I constantly look at clearance to see if diapers or waipes go on sale, but I haven't found any good enough deals to buy.

I do not have as big a family. And I honestly hate baby showers, so I am still undecided if I will even have one. I feel like the people at work may force me in to one. We have thought about having a bbq instead. People can come celebrate our pregnancy & bring gifts if they want...but make it more of a casual thing.

Ya I am not a "shower" person either. We had a wedding party with our family and then one for our friends. Our family got together we had food, board games, and just places for people to sit. Since I was working nights time was very limited I think 4 hours so I was pushed pushed pushed. For our friends we grilled out, did some shooting, then just some desserts with drinks.

I would like to do the same thing for our baby arrival party. I love that my dh takes photos of our parties. I wish I had the motivation to make a shutter fly scrapbook. .. maybe that will keep my mind off this ttc journey? I don't know.

After our baby aarrives I would like to had a D & B party. Diaper and book. Everyone has the choice to bring diapers and books when they come to meet the little bundle of joy. My dh and I like to think ahead of these things or we would never do it.

I'm not a big shower person either. Didn't even have one for my wedding and I was totally fine with it.

Edit: LOL FutureBabyG - looks like we posted at the same time!!

Haha.. it happens. I remember telling our families as soon as we were engaged no showers. We compromised for parties. I am glad we did it was nice seeing everyone in a relaxed setting and I do love BBQ and family meals... by games I meant kids and some adults were playing cards, board games, Nintendo games.

So first intramuscular shot didn't go so good! I'm so sore it hurts to sit or have any pressure on the injection site. No bruising or anything just superb sore :(

So first intramuscular shot didn't go so good! I'm so sore it hurts to sit or have any pressure on the injection site. No bruising or anything just superb sore :(

I never had to do those, but I have heard a heating pads works really well to relieve the pain.

Did you give yourself the intramuscular shot? I've never had to do it either but last year when I had strep throat and double ear infection they gave me a shot of antibiotics on my butt with a long scary-looking needle and the injection site definitely hurt for a good half a day. They told me to just keep rubbing the area to relief the pain although I don't think it helped much.

Does the shot NEED to be taken intramuscularly? Can you ask your doctor if you can do it subcutaneously instead?

Thanks beagle! I will try that when I get home. I called the nurse to make sure I was ok and to make sure we didn't do it wrong. She said it was rare for people to have this pain this long but I don't know about that.

Thanks beagle! I will try that when I get home. I called the nurse to make sure I was ok and to make sure we didn't do it wrong. She said it was rare for people to have this pain this long but I don't know about that.

No it's not rare. You will probably stay s little sore. But the heat should help.

Well heat didnt help:( still hurts. I feel like such a baby complaining about it but I just feel awful today. Bad hurts, really tender, have had a headache all day, plus it's bitter cold here! 4 degrees outside right now!

Well heat didnt help:( still hurts. I feel like such a baby complaining about it but I just feel awful today. Bad hurts, really tender, have had a headache all day, plus it's bitter cold here! 4 degrees outside right now!

Sorry the heat didn't work. I would ask your nurse if there are any pain meds you are allowed to take...especially with the added headache.

Cold here too...this morning was 14 degrees. I hate it!

I got up this morning and it was -1°F!! :shock:

I think my trigger's pretty much gone. The test line is almost non-existent now, which also makes me not very hopeful right now because two cycles ago when I had the chemical the test line never really went away before it started getting dark again and this morning's test was lighter than any of the tests that cycle.

Attachments

• Tests 010815-1.jpg
    Tests 010815-1.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Test 010815-2.jpg
    Test 010815-2.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 4

I think my trigger's pretty much gone. The test line is almost non-existent now, which also makes me not very hopeful right now because two cycles ago when I had the chemical the test line never really went away before it started getting dark again and this morning's test was lighter than any of the tests that cycle.

Trigger is def gone...don't be discouraged...you never know.

By the way, do you know about Amazon Warehouse deals? You can buy things at a discount...it is usually opened boxes or returns. I have a few baby things in my cart saved.

No I don't think I've heard about Amazon warehouse deals. So far I've only been "casually" looking in stores when I "stumble up" things at stores I'm already there for something else. I have not looked at any places online yet.

Will have to check it out! :)

Its ok to complain when you don't feel well, I hope things are better today. :hugs:

Yikes that is some cold weather! Glad your trigger tested out so you know now when the line is true. You're only 10 dpo, still a few days left, don't give up yet!

On the subject of buying things, I've been buying things randomly as well. Just before Christmas, sears had some great bargains on sleep wear. Most of it was sold out by the time I found out, but I did get a couple sleep sacks and a onesie for cheap.
We also have a couple boxes full of stuff that I won in giveaways in previous years. Looking forward to using them this year!

AF got off to a sluggish start yesterday, but at least this cycle is now begun. I called and left a message about going in for the ultrasound and blood work today, and should be starting clomid tomorrow!

I'm glad AF showed up for you, minuet. Let's hope the 150 mg of Clomid will do the trick for you!

It's a love hate relationship with aunt flow, isn't it?! Happy to get onto a next cycle but upset things didn't workout. Glad she's finally here. When do you start clomid? CD3?

I apologize for the length of this, but wanted to give you a clear recounting of the lousy events today. Feel free to skim.
So last month the ultrasounds showed that I wasn't responding to Clomid, and the nurse and I at the time briefly discussed either going up to 150mg, or adding injections.
On Monday I talked with a nurse who told me that the doctor was fine with either 150mg Clomid, or Clomid with injections and it was basically up to me. We discussed the pros and cons and it was left with me leaning toward injections but not totally decided.
Yesterday I spotted all day, and didn't have a real flow until after supper, so I couldn't call in during the day and report my CD1.
I called this morning at 8:40, they open at 8:30 – but the nurse message line was not open yet, so I had to leave a message in the general mailbox. The message said that I needed my blood hcg test and base ultrasound, and it would have to be this afternoon or tomorrow morning before work. Didn't hear anything back from them all day while I was at work, so went directly there after I got off work ( about an hour before they close).
Walked in and told the receptionist that I needed an ultrasound and blood test. She asked if I had an appointment and I said that I'd left a message this morning, and never heard back. She said that she had forgotten to check general mailbox, so no one had even known I called...
Nurse came and got me in a couple minutes, and asked if I was planning on Clomid with injectables. I said I had a couple questions and confirmed that CD1 was yesterday and I needed to do the baseline stuff so I could get the Clomid prescription.
The nurse took me in a consult room and I told her that I had reservations about doing an injectable course without a clear HSG first, and that I'd rather just do 150mg Clomid along with the HSG.
She flat out said that she didn't think Clomid itself would work for me and that I needed the injections. She said that we could still do the HSG with the injections, since that would not be until CD9, and we could do the HSG on CD7 or 8.
She asked if I had reason to believe the HSG would show issues, and I told her why I thought there was a slight possibility of endo or blockage.
She then went and got the HSG scheduler, and the scheduler determined that we wouldn't be able to do the HSG until CD10, which meant injections were out.
I said that I'd like to just do the 150mg Clomid then, to which the nurse replied that she had talked with the doctor in the meanwhile, and the doctor didn't want me to do that at all.
Instead I was to wait until CD20 and take Progesterone - 10 days worth - and then wait the 4 days for a period. We could then start a new cycle with a good HSG known, and just wait this cycle out. She claimed this cycle was not wasted though, since I was still going to have a period. She suggested a progesterone shot as an alternative to the 10 day course, as it was cheaper.
Then she decided to check and see when the doctor would be available for a consult, and came back to say that we already had an appointment on Feb 9th, so I should just wait until that day to have the progesterone shot, as that would “only be cycle day 33”, and then I'd get a period 3-5 days after.
She also said “ and if the doctor has any other ideas after reading my note, we'll let you know”.
I didn't argue any of this because I was very overwhelmed and shocked that she had just ripped this cycle chance out from under me, and even more insulting, pushed it back over a month. So I left.
I'm very upset. I don't see how Monday the doctor can be ok with either or, and then Thursday a nurse claims the doctor says no way, and yet a few sentences later mentions a note. So what, she never even spoke to the doctor? I'm calling that crap.
Tomorrow morning I am calling and insisting on knowing exactly how these instructions could change that fast, and insisting on an ultrasound+blood test+clomid prescription that morning.
If they refuse, then I'm just going to use the Clomid I already have and do a cycle of 150mg. I'm not wasting a cycle because some nurse thinks I won't respond. How does she know? Women DO respond to 150mg Clomid when they didn't respond to lower amounts, and it's standard procedure to try a higher dose before moving to injections.
I'm a little offended at being told “ its not a wasted cycle” and “ that would only be CD33”.
Obviously I'm more than a little upset and frustrated right now, so feel free to reign me back in to reality. Or am I in reality and she's just saying whatever SHE wants to do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->