Fall is here...now to plant my little pumpkin seed!!!

Minuet
My HSG through insurance was about $450. BUT it went through 2 insurances.
When my HSG was done they found that my right tube was blocked. BTW my RE and the hospital nurse made the procedure bearable. I have heard about some bad ones but mine wasn't too bad at all. We did a few medicated cycles even thought HSG showed it was blocked. RE said it could be kinked or spasming. But after 2 IUIs that failed. I was ready for surgery. They did a laparoscopy and hysteroscopy. It showed my tube was blocked due to scar tissue having my ovary stuck to my uterus (cause of all my pain). They also found Stage 2 endo and more scar tissue near cervix. It was easily fixed. I could have returned to work the next day but it was Spring Break for me so I got 3 days off before having to return.
My advice IF it shows up that a tub is blocked is to have surgery and not waste any more money on meds or IUIs or anything like that. I am upset I wasted so much time and money when everything down there wasn't in working condition. But I bet everything will be good! Good Luck!!

AFM I got another + opk this morning. I am talking it is darker than the control line. It was like that yesterday morning as well. But typically the next day it starts fading. What do you all think is up? Could it be because I have so many follicles? Plan to BD tonight also to cover our bases.

Minuet - good luck on your HSG today! Mine cost around $250 after pocket and it was mostly covered by insurance. Yes the credit card bills are ridiculous but it'll all be worth it in the end!

Michelle - did you get a trigger shot? If so that's what's causing the +OPK.

My HSG was done by my gyno. I tell everyone to try to get their testing done with their gyno if they can. It is much cheaper. My deductible was $450. It was late summe & I knew I would not be doing anything else that would go toward it, so I opted to pay cash. It cut the fee in half. As Michelle said, any blocks or issues on an HSG do not mean automatic IVF. There is a lot they can do. The procedure for me felt like intense AF cramps...so intense I expected to see blood after...because my body felt like it was on my period. But it was over quickly & overall I would say it wasn't bad. But people with blocks typically have more pain because sometimes the dye clears out the blocks.

Scan today...my lining is great...she said over 9 & they look for 7. Now to wait on the blood work for my estrogen.

Great news beagle!!

And I did the trigger but usually day after iui it starts to fade. But not this time. It's so weird that it was so dark.

Great lining beaglemom!!

Holy cow thats a lot of sperm misaacs!!! Fx, cant wait for your bfp!!

Minuet I can't really remember how much I payed for my hsg. My insurance covered most of it though. I do remember mine hurting something terrible though. I think I had a little blockage on my right side because it took a few pushes to get it to come out. I did have heavy spotting the rest of the day and some tissue coming out which im thinking was what was gunking up my tube

Misaacs I'm sorry you had to waste time and cycles before getting the surgery done. It's great that the surgery was easy recovery and fixed the problems though.

Floridasian I'm glad your HSG was so cheap! Are you feeling any differently?

beaglemom I don't think I have a gynecologist. A general doctor/obgyn - is that also a gynecologist? Her office does ultrasounds and all that, but when I talked with the doctor AND the radiologist or whoever it is, they aren't like the RE where they discuss things as you're looking at them. The doctor told me they weren't equipped for anything like that, so that's why I ended up with the RE.
So sorry to hear that your HSG caused intense cramps.
Your lining sounds great! yay!

froggyfrog Aww so sorry your HSG was painful. I'm glad it helped clean things out for you though, which is of course why we submit to such a procedure.

Some good news finally - the HSG revealed that things look great. I didn't know what I was looking at, at first - was shocked at how SMALL the uterus is! And to think it grows enough to hold 1+ babies :O.
The tubes are clear! What a relief. Thank God for small miracles.
Definitely some cramping, like menstrual cramps, but not severe - and no spotting!
Also, am I the only one tired of having everyone looking down there? I'm a naturally modest type that doesn't want people looking at me, and since starting this stuff that's all they do,lol.

Oh, my RE was the one who did the procedure, and when she came in she said that we need to get me ovulating. She said for next cycle we could either up the dose of Clomid, switch to Femara, or do Femara+injectables.
I wanted to ask her why the heck her nurses said I couldn't do an increased dose of Clomid this cycle then, and why they never said anything about Femara?! I asked them several times to give me what the doctor recommended....
Didn't mention that to her though as another nurse was there and it wasn't an appointment.
So, I REALLY do not regret going ahead with Clomid on my own this cycle. If it's a bust ( no O) we'll try Femara itself next cycle and go from there.

Minuet
So glad for good news!! And it really is shocking how small the uteruses but how much it can hold.

Glad it was clear...one less thing to worry about.

I would have mentioned the nurse telling you no clomid. And some women never respond to clomid but have a great response to femara.

I think it is sort of funny...I used to only want female dr...had a bad experience with a male dr...but this clinic has 2 men & 1 woman. I have not seen a male nurse though. So anyways, everyone just sort of takes turns. Some people would hate not seeing their dr each time, but my whole office does a good job. Anyways, all 3 dr have been down there & I think every single nurse. So I have very quickly gotten over my modesty. I have also realized a male dr is not a bad thing...just need the right one. I love all 3 dr at my office.

beaglemom Glad you got used to it and have good doctors. :)

misaacs That IS a great sign. I remember that same pain started up immediately after ovulation in July. Exciting!

Persistent ovary pain on BOTH sides all day today that is making me hopeful. Of course last cycle I also had pain for days and they never got bigger than 10, so who knows.

We're going to give softcups a try this cycle. Has anyone tried them? I already have them for AF, but apparently there are so many success stories using them for conception that the company is trying to get FDA approval to market them as a conception aid.
You put them in after DTD to help swimmers stay up where they belong, so I figure it's worth a shot!

I have used soft cups about 10 or so different times. I actually used one last night to help since DH had low motility pre wash. I put a little pre seed on it before the bd session then put it in and leave it in for about 8 or so hours. I have heard many success stories using them!

We've been using soft cups almost every time we BD for a good year now. Not sure if it helped but figured it couldn't hurt. And it also makes things less messy, once you get the hang of putting it in and taking it out.

Good to know you guys have tried them without problems :)

The only problem I have had with them was I used them two days in a row and they gave me my first UTI. So I suggest not doing that lol

Have had light AF like cramps on and off since O. Not sure if I had these on other medicated cycles?

Has anyone else's Re said that they cannot work out when doing an injectable cycle? Mine said the only thing that I could do was to walk because my ovaries are so enlarged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->