Father christmas or santa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

princess_bump

Happy Wife & Mumma!
Reaction score
What do you say?

So i was just thinking, being british, we have always said father christmas, but lately and when i'm talking to maddi i say santa.
so guys what about you, i take it all our friends accross the pond say santa? am i right, is father christmas strange? what about all the bnber's and friends from different parts of the world, what do you call him?
sending lots of :hug: to all

He's always been known as Santa to me!

yay!! its so interesting finding out what others say, sometimes i think i live in my little essex bubble :blush: thats why bnb is so fab, talking to others from everywhere :blush: x x x

I have heard Father Christmas, but it's much more common to say Santa in the States, or St. Nick

I say santa... but sometimes (it's a family thing) we say Cocolause. hehehe.. apparently when i was younger I couldn't say Santa Claus, so I said Cocolause. lol

I have heard Father Christmas, but it's much more common to say Santa in the States, or St. Nick

i've never heard that said over here really, in films or songs but not said x x x

i say santa :) but i am from canada :)

We say Santa and when my brother was little and first talking he used to call him "Ho-Ho" haha I think santa just seems more kid friendly!

Santa now but up till about 3 yrs ago it was Tanta as my now middle LO couldnt say santa lol

When I'm in England I call him 'Santa', I just don't like Father Christmas. My DH isn't impressed with me and keeps telling me off, as apparently it's an 'American' word. Just like I'm not allowed to say 'cookies' or 'candy'.

In Holland (where we celebrate christmas with my parents, I'm Dutch) we call him Kerstman. Which translates to 'Christmas Man'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back