Father's Day Dilemma

Laws2008

Reaction score
Ok, so my OH's birthday and father's day both fall on 19th June this year. My official due date is 27th June, so technically the baby should still be a bump, but the midwife did mention that they might try to get her out earlier because she's big and they don't know if I'll be able to deliver a huge baby.

My dilemma is, do I get him a father's day and birthday present and card from the baby or not?

On one hand, I keep thinking no because he's not a father unless she's here, but on the other hand, I think, well if she is here it'd suck for him if he didn't get something from her on his first birthday and father's day as a dad.

And then if I do decide to get him something, what do I get him?

It's all so confusing!!! Any advice would be appreciated!!

P.S: I have talked to him about it and he says to do what I think is best which doesn't help at all!

I'm due the end of June as well. I'm planning on saying happy father's day but not do anything super duper special as I also believe that he's not a father until baby is born. On Mother's day he brought me a rose which I thought was sweet but not over the top. If he had made a big to-do about it I would have felt awkward.

Since it's his b'day make it about his birthday and at the bottom of the card maybe say Happy Pre-Father's Day!! I'm sure he'll know that you care about him, don't get too caught up in the details. Next year will be way better and different.

Ok, so my OH's birthday and father's day both fall on 19th June this year. My official due date is 27th June, so technically the baby should still be a bump, but the midwife did mention that they might try to get her out earlier because she's big and they don't know if I'll be able to deliver a huge baby.

My dilemma is, do I get him a father's day and birthday present and card from the baby or not?

On one hand, I keep thinking no because he's not a father unless she's here, but on the other hand, I think, well if she is here it'd suck for him if he didn't get something from her on his first birthday and father's day as a dad.

And then if I do decide to get him something, what do I get him?

It's all so confusing!!! Any advice would be appreciated!!

P.S: I have talked to him about it and he says to do what I think is best which doesn't help at all!

Funnily enough it's also my hubby's birthday on Father's day!

Maybe you could buy a token gift - something small from bump and a card? Even if she hasn't arrived by then it is a nice thought. I think I will probably get my hubby a Father's day card at least. He got me a mother's day card from bump on Mother's day.

no, i'm not giveing chris a fathers day card this yr but i will cook him a lovely dinner and say happy fathers day to be to him!

Hi,

Hope you don't mind me dropping in but how about seeing it this way...

Do you feel like a Mum with LO inside you...?

I think if you do then he is a Dad now, get him something, albeit something small.

I have got my OH a card but just a card as I am only 6-7 weeks. I don't want to jinx anything for us, but hey if ours isn't meant to be then so be it, but I will still be a mum to a little angel... So I say go for it :)

Thanks for all your replies!!

It's strange because I've felt like a mum since I fell pregnant, but he says he won't actually feel like a dad until he can hold her and she's physically here.

For this reason, he didn't want to get me anything for mother's day because I'm not actually a mother, so I think I might just get him a father's day card from his daughter and if she is born before, get my dad to nip down and buy my OH some chocolates from the hospital shop!

chris basically said that as babys not here i'm technically not a mum, i really wanted a card or summat tbh and thought he shoulda humoured me a little there!!

I would personally make it about his birthday as it's his last of just you two(unless she comes early) I'm not getting anything for OH this year as I think it'll ruin it next year when bubs is actually here and its actually his first fathers day.
On mothers day he sent me an text from bubs saying bubs told me to tell you happy mothers day :) I thought it was soooo cute and meant much more to me than anything he could of bought.

If you have a card factory shop near you they do happy fathers day cards from bump!

I'm due on the 15th so dunno if to get a bump card or actually daddy card!? Either way I'll be getting him something.. Even if he has been a complete douchebag the whole pregnancy.

xXx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->