Father's Day present ideas

baileybubs

Reaction score
I'm stumped! Last year I ended up getting my df a new Xbox game which a) is expensive and b) doesn't seem like a gift from our dd. Our son is due soon and it's possible if he comes early that it could happen around Father's Day so I want to get his gift sorted now.

What's everyone else doing? I want to get him something that shows we appreciate him but that seems like it comes from dd and our unborn son rather than just a random gift that I pick.

Any ideas?

Stalking. Im due 13th june and i realy want to have it all sorted asap.
OH is usually great, but this last few months he has been amazing. And even though money is tight i want to get him something he will love. I was thinking about getting him a pair of trainers he saw, from me, but they are rather pricey. But im still stuck as to what DS and baby could get him.

me and lo will be cooking his favourite meal and make a cake, I am going to make a card with daughter for him and probably sort out a nice activity to do as a family together. I am thinking we will get a nice frame for a picture of him and lo playing with her dinosaur train for him to put in his office at work. We will get him some nice chocolates as well. We don't do expensive gifts for mothers day and fathers day. I know dh will be happy if we go for a nice long family walk and sit in the garden lol, and will be ecstatic if we don't do food shopping that day haha

I made this for OH on tagxedo. You pick a shape and then just type in lots of words relating to your subject. You can change the font and colours. Looks pretty cool, and will look even better framed. I made one for my friend who's moved house and chose a tree and made a family tree with her families names etc. She was delighted with it. Or you could cut it out and make a card with it? Only took about 10 mins!!

https://i1022.photobucket.com/albums/af345/Nicky_Stewart/Mobile%20Uploads/20140519_123815_zps6fed97ea.jpg

I made this for OH on tagxedo. You pick a shape and then just type in lots of words relating to your subject. You can change the font and colours. Looks pretty cool, and will look even better framed. I made one for my friend who's moved house and chose a tree and made a family tree with her families names etc. She was delighted with it. Or you could cut it out and make a card with it? Only took about 10 mins!!

https://i1022.photobucket.com/albums/af345/Nicky_Stewart/Mobile%20Uploads/20140519_123815_zps6fed97ea.jpg

That is so cute! May have to try it out:)

Mine are 4 and 2, I got them to draw a picture of themselves and daddy. Then am getting their pictures put onto a t shirt for daddy!

I'll probably just get him some chocolate or nuts :). I'll get DS1 to draw him a card and I was looking up what to get him from DS and saw a thing where you ask your kid questions about daddy like "how tall is daddy?" "What color is daddy's hair" etc and record the answers.. Maybe I'll write it out nicely and frame it.

I have ordered DH a leather wallet with a speech from one of his heroes hand painted onto it from DD and baby. His wallet is falling apart so hopefully it will be useful as well as personal.

I usually go and have a look on Etsy.com if I am stuck as they have loads of quirky, unique and customisable ideas :thumbup:

I was going to go for a nice bottle of Whiskey as he hasn't had one for ages and loves it but thought that'd be more appropriate coming from me on our anniversary a couple of days before.

What is he into, does he have any hobbies or passions?

Have you checked out the ideas they have on NotontheHighstreet? The link is for father's day gift ideas under £15. I absolutely LOVE that site and always find something there :)

DH got me a new bathroom mirror for Mother's Day :nope:… our old one broke. I would have just bought one anyway. So I'm thinking I'll get him something equally practical?? It was still way better than last year's gift of nothing. I just can't seem to convince myself to do something special.

I think I am going to get my OH this from the boys So cool!

we are having our house renovated at the min and our new kitchen goes in next week, OH as been working all the hours he can on it and I have been a grumpy cow as we have no kitchen or bathroom at the moment so I have just ordered him a coffee maker for the new kitchen and booked lunch in a really nice steakhouse hopefully our house will be done by that weekend so he will be able to have a break :)

DH got me a new bathroom mirror for Mother's Day :nope:… our old one broke. I would have just bought one anyway. So I'm thinking I'll get him something equally practical?? It was still way better than last year's gift of nothing. I just can't seem to convince myself to do something special.

Sorry:( My Mother's day was pretty crappy too, got nothing on mother's day as he had forgotten to get me something, and had to work all day so I also got no help with the kids at all the whole weekend. It sucked. I was really upset over the whole thing, and let him have it. He did end up taking us all out to dinner that Monday after realizing how upset I was, and apologizing.

As upset as I was, I won't do the same to him. You don't need to necessarily buy him something; it could just be something you make/do with the kids for him to show appreciation for being daddy.

Thanks for all the ideas ladies. I'm sorry for those who had a crappy Mother's Day, so did I but mainly coz df was working and didn't make any effort.

But he's been great recently with the pregnancy (finally, must be the huge bump I now have that's motivated him to finally help me out lol!).

His only hobbies are watching wrestling and playing Xbox (sounds like a teenage boy doesn't he but he's 27!).

I think I'm going to get dd to help me make something, but she's only one so it will mainly be me making it with maybe a paint hand print from her lol!

Sorry:( My Mother's day was pretty crappy too, got nothing on mother's day as he had forgotten to get me something, and had to work all day so I also got no help with the kids at all the whole weekend. It sucked. I was really upset over the whole thing, and let him have it. He did end up taking us all out to dinner that Monday after realizing how upset I was, and apologizing.

As upset as I was, I won't do the same to him. You don't need to necessarily buy him something; it could just be something you make/do with the kids for him to show appreciation for being daddy.

Thanks for that. I should do something nice. He's been working very hard lately and he's right... I'm not very easy to buy for. I did appreciate his gift. I didn't get mad at him, I know he meant well. :) Now I just have to get him to actually hang up the mirror!

We're getting hubby the big new picture book on Senna for Father's Day, not terribly personal but he really wants it!

But I'm working on a present for him to mark the birth of our second son (I know it sounds silly, but he bought me a necklace after I gave birth to him but hubby was actually the one to help deliver him as the MW didn't make it so I would like to reciprocate to say thank you for how amazing he was) anyway I'm getting him some finger print jewellery, a dog tag keyring with our boys' fingerprints on, but you have to wait until the youngest is at least 4 months which is why it's taken me a while.

As it's the start of World cup on the 13th June i'm getting him an England shirt. They're about £30, but he bought me a pedicure for mothers day, I know it's not give ti receive but I like to do about the same in return.

And in my Bounty pack I got a voucher for a free desk Calendar, luckily for me LO is due this month so i'm going to try and get as many pictures as I can and then send off for that too. xx

I think I am going to get my OH this from the boys So cool!

That is amazingly cool, I love giving gifts like this from the kids. DH birthday is in July, so this is definitely on my birthday list!

We don't really do gifts for mothers/fathers day. I'll probably get/have ds make a card, then I will give him one day where I change all the diapers, and he can just relax and do whatever he wants. On mothers day he cleaned the whole house for me and told me to relax on the couch. I felt very appreciated so I'd like to do the same for him.

My eldest picked this out for DH for Father's Day: https://www.thinkgeek.com/product/11f0/?srp=1 It doesn't seem personal but it's become a habit for DH and DD to watch Star Wars together whilst using Star Wars Legos and she really enjoys that time with him, it really just speaks to her favorite father-daughter moments. He's also always forgetting to charge his phone at home so it might have some practical use, lol.

My dad I've ordered a personalized mug with photos of him with the girls. He'll like that a lot, he's a sucker for anything with his granddaughter's on it and we don't usually go in for the corny gift things so it's a nice change for him. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->