February...a month for Making Love & Making Babies!!!

Savvy, I am not too sure about the neg OPK vs when you O. I did a quick google & came up with the info below. I hope your temp shifts so you have a more clear answer in the morning.

Q: Does that mean that the first day of negative OPKs after a positive OPK is the actual day of ovulation?

A: Ovulation does not necessarily happen after the OPK turns negative. It could happen, but that's not the rule. What matter solely is when it OPK FIRST turns positive not when it eventually becomes negative. Ovulation happens within12-36 hours after the OPK FIRST becomes positive. What happens afterwards is not important. It could be positive for a day only or for 3-4 days. The length of it being positive doesn't predict when ovulation happens.
- See more at: https://www.babymed.com/fertility-tests/ovulation-after-opk-turns-negative#sthash.m9IStQk6.dpuf

Beaglemom, seriously you are the best! I tried google earlier and just seemed to find nothing that made much sense to me. Honestly yesterday afternoon lines up well since I had the lines darkening on Sunday night 'almost' positive, but definitely + Monday morning, so 36 hours would put me into Tuesday around 1pm. Last month my temp went up slightly the first day and then rose higher the second day after O. Thanks for spending the time to find my answer! :)

How cool that you got another prediction and that it is matching up with what you have been told before. I am totally going to get a prediction if this cycle is a bust - I wanted one back in November and I forgot all about getting one. In your opinion, which one is the best?

Savvy, apparently I waste a lot of time at work...how on earth did I get a good evaluation ;) One suggestion when going to google...if you are looking for actual fact-type info, avoid any of the forum websites. I think I got that info from babymed.com. But if I am looking for similar experiences, or what has happened to others, I will check out some of the forum links.

I think Cheri22 is a great place to start. She is also on FB, so you can check out people she recommends. She also gave detail on the type of child I would have & any children he would have. Pretty neat. Be sure to read carefully the description of what you buy. Sometimes all you will get is a month & gender. Suzy Rayne actually has some neat things she offers like fertility spells...basically a mediation to do. So if you are into that sort of thing, it could be fun. I am a real believer in meditation...I just wish I did it more. I have a lot of psychics on my page now, so I will let you know if I see any specials.

Oh & Cheri gave me a detail on a question in my life. I actually won a $15 credit & that was the only thing that was $15. So I said just tell me about work...no real question. It was pretty neat & a lot was spot on. But in reality, most of what she said was probably generalities & could easily match up with anyone. But it is still fun. I think that is the main thing, remember it is fun...not meant to be a new religion to live by. I also think knowing the TTC predictions just kind of keeps my hopes up.

Another high on my monitor. I am feeling better and better about my iui timing lining up well.

Beaglemom, if you heard some of the stories my DH tells me about what he did at work I am surprised he still has a job! If he comes home early I ask him if he got fired! Okay seriously though my hubby is a hard worker, but they have way too much fun at his office. It is surprising how much time people waste at work, when my hubby works from home he gets more stuff done in an hour or two than he does all day at work. I work from home and I am always distracted by the internet or cleaning some random thing in my house instead of working! Even though you think you waste time at work, you must still be getting your job done and that your bosses like you!

I am definitely getting a reading from Cheri22 if this cycle is a bust. You are right, it is all for fun but I think that the readings can keep one positive and right now that is what I need! Thanks for the google tip, I usually browse the forums and that is probably why I get such inconsistent information. I think that is why I like chatting here and asking questions because most of us have been through it or know something about it.

My temp went up more today! Getting really excited about this tww!

Misaacs, so sorry about the negative. I know you have a lot of stuff to figure out now...just keep pushing on...take one thing at a time.

Savvy, excited for you! Sounds like you put in another good effort this month.

Thanks ladies! I know we are not going to do IUI this month but I am thinking about going in for an ultrasound and then doing the ovidrel trigger shot for timed O. But I have not talked it over with the DH so don't know what he will say. I have also been looking into fertility monitors. I found a clearblue fertility monitor kit that has the monitor, pregnancy tests, testing strips, and batteries for $181. I just don't know if I need that if we are going to do the ultrasound & shot. Do any of you use a monitor or have used one that you could give me some advice on. Do you like yours?

Thanks ladies! I know we are not going to do IUI this month but I am thinking about going in for an ultrasound and then doing the ovidrel trigger shot for timed O. But I have not talked it over with the DH so don't know what he will say. I have also been looking into fertility monitors. I found a clearblue fertility monitor kit that has the monitor, pregnancy tests, testing strips, and batteries for $181. I just don't know if I need that if we are going to do the ultrasound & shot. Do any of you use a monitor or have used one that you could give me some advice on. Do you like yours?

I personally really love the monitor. But in your case, you may not need it. Your cycles are way more scheduled than mine. So I rely on it to pin point O for IUI. You are using the trigger to do that. So if this will be your continued path, personally, I would save your money & put it toward your treatments.

So one of the massage therapists cancelled...so no couple massage tomorrow night :( One of the managers asked my husband to work tomorrow, so I told him to see if he still wanted to do it. He offered to work 2 days for him working his 1. They are all booked for the weekend & I do not want the massage on or after my IUI date. So the very latest I would want to go is Monday. We will see what he comes back with. Now I am a little bummed.

Have any of you heard any advise of massages when doing fertility treatment...or TTC? I am getting back & forth info online. I think it is okay before you O, but you have to be careful after O.

Stopping by to say hi. I finally got my first post D&C AF today - a whopping six and half weeks later! I can't wait for my doctor's OK to TTC on Monday when I go in for my second post D&C check up (beta's been taking forever to drop down to zero - still was 7.96 this past Monday). I look forward to joining you guys in March!

Beaglemom - I've been doing fertility massage. There are videos on youtube but I couldn't find any full length ones so DH actually bought me the DVD for Valentine's Day! If your massage include a foot massage that's really helpful for fertility too. The DVD I have has two parts - an adnominal massage and a foot massage. Apparently different parts of your feet correspond/connect to all kinds of organs in the mid section as well as reproductive organs.

Stopping by to say hi. I finally got my first post D&C AF today - a whopping six and half weeks later! I can't wait for my doctor's OK to TTC on Monday when I go in for my second post D&C check up (beta's been taking forever to drop down to zero - still was 7.96 this past Monday). I look forward to joining you guys in March!

Beaglemom - I've been doing fertility massage. There are videos on youtube but I couldn't find any full length ones so DH actually bought me the DVD for Valentine's Day! If your massage include a foot massage that's really helpful for fertility too. The DVD I have has two parts - an adnominal massage and a foot massage. Apparently different parts of your feet correspond/connect to all kinds of organs in the mid section as well as reproductive organs.

Welcome back! Glad everything seems to be getting back on track for you. I wish so many of us weren't moving in to the month of March, but maybe we will have some St Patrick good luck.

Yes I remember you got your positive & you said the massage was something you had done...so I have been meaning to look in to it. I have also been trying to eat the pineapple core after O. I like it fine it's just I always forget about it. I will research the uterine massage...maybe we can do our own massage at home. I couldn't get anything rescheduled :( Not even at the more expensive place.

Coming home from work I started crying. I think it is mainly hormones & the clomid. But also...I just think I am just so tired, you know? Anyways...husband is coming home early & he knows I am bummed...so he is cooking & we will probably break out some rum since I don't have any cold wine.

I feel ya beaglemom. I had my friend, the one who just told me she was pregnant, tell me today to stop thinking about it. I just responded with "how do you do that because I think about it all the time even before when we weren't really trying?" And its true I just don't have an off switch so it is very tiring. I am going to do more things for me this month. I want to lose some weight and eat better. So I have decided to concentrate on that this month. Going to go to the store this weekend and get some healthy food and snacks. Start cooking healthier meals at home. I am also going to try and keep my house cleaner. We are clean just messy if you know what I mean? So that will keep me occupied. I also may do an acupuncture appointment with someone else that is cheaper than my RE before O.

I really need to look in to acupuncture too. Honestly, I feel like slapping people who say don't think about it. It is not the cure for all people. I have not been on bc for 10 years...6 of those years we were not trying. So tell me exactly how not thinking about it gets you pregnant. We have only been back to really trying since July/August. But I feel like the year mark is right around the corner. Trying for a year is not that long, but trying with help & testing for a year is a long time.

I feel like our houses are very similar. We are not gross or anything, but I just have better things to do than make sure my windows shine & my floor is spotless. I have clean dishes & clean underwear, what more do people want from me?...lol!

I have been trying to get more vegetables in my diet but fresh produce goes bad at my house. So I do a lot of frozen. We also keep a lot of juice in the house. So I buy a lot of diet V8 splash & lite ocean's spray. I love cranberry juice especially the ones with added flavor. If you like cranberry juice...or don't hate it...try POM Wonderful. It is supposed to be pure pomegranate juice. It takes getting used to but is great for you. I can't get my husband to drink it but it is supposed to help with blood flow & ED. I beg him just to do a very small glass once a day. I am trying to drink regular V8...it makes me gag...so I buy the real small cans & drink it real fast with a straw.

If you flashback to about 2 years ago, I was working out almost everyday doing Insanity. Eating like a clean machine. I was eating 5 meals a day. I was eating fresh dark greens, all lean meats, using condiments that had no calories/sugar. Everything! Drinking nothing but water. Now, I am eating 2-3 meals a day and nothing really healthy. I am also not exercising like I used to. And drinking pop a lot. Its like the complete opposite lol.
I just looked up a place that turns out to be really close to me that does preconception massages. $75 for 60 min. Which I don't think is too bad?

Also, I would have never looked up the massage if you had not said anything so thanks! Going to talk to Dh about this coming cycle and see what he thinks. I talked with him a little and I think we might actually do IUI again but not sure. Don't want to jinx it lol

That massage sounds awesome and that seems a decent price. Maybe I will google around my area

I am kind of OCD about my house, I do have a junk room though. It is my storage room that is organized with bins but when I have clutter it goes straight in there. It is like a junk drawer, just much bigger! I really love organizing!

I am trying to eat much healthier too, I use divided plates often. The large section is veggies/salad, the other two sections are for protein (usually grilled chicken) and for a starch or fruit. It makes it easier for me not to just load up my plate and forget the veggies! I also chop up the veggies and fruit when I get home from the store, that way it it ready to eat. I also leave cherry tomatoes/grapes on my counter, if I walk by them I must grab a handful.

Beaglemom, that stinks your massage got cancelled...I know you were looking forward to spending some couples time with your hubby. I would be careful though around O time, when in doubt do without.

Got another high today on my monitor. I am feeling really good now that O will come during the week. And my husband only has to work Wed of next week because of the schedule switch. So I think my timing may actually be about right this time. Crossing our fingers. My husband said maybe I should try some of the other massage places nearby for tomorrow. There are some with an hour drive. So maybe I will check that out. I think as long as I have not O'd I am ok for a massage. I am not getting the deep tissue anyways. But if I can't get it tomorrow, then it will just have to wait.

I hope everyone else has a good Friday & weekend!

Well i definitely o'ed on wednesday my temp was up for the last two days. So now the tww. This one is hard and I'm only on day two. I think its because i had a dream last month that my dh came and gave me a big hug and was the happiest i have ever seen him and he told me, next month your goning to be pregnant and its a girl. It was so wierd because i never dream about being pregnant or ttc. I just really hope it comes true, it seemed so real at the time.

Well in other news my sow is close to giving birth. I love seeing the little piggies and watching them be born. I have a feeling she will go into labor tonight or tomorrow. Sometimes i think its so easy for them to get pregnant why is it so hard for me? Now I'm excited for the babies to come!

Anyone have any suggestions on how to get the eggy to implant besides pineapple? I am wanting to try everything this month. We even used pre-seed this month for the first time and i hope it works because we didnt really like it and i hope to not to have to use it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->