• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

February...a month for Making Love & Making Babies!!!

Hello ladies, sorry I have been quiet lately. I haven't written in a month or so. May I join?

Been getting awful thunderclap headaches (during sex- ugh!!!! so embarrassing) that require CT scans with dye. Waiting for further results. Doc says we can still TTC #1, so we are.

This month has been so weird for me. Currently I am incredibly nauseous, EP+5, light pink spotting yesterday when I wiped but none today, BFN Friday morning, cramping for 5 days straight..... and beyond confused.

I think doing a house project to pass the time is a great idea! I have been busy with my degree, so lots of things to keep me occupied over here :). I wish I had time for more house projects!! I really enjoy them.

Good luck to all~~

Hi Kita, I am sorry you get such awful headaches and hopefully the CT scans can help get you a diagnosis and some results.
Maybe you implanted late giving you the spotting but not enough hcg for a bfp yet? Fx'd and I hope you keep us posted with your results.

Yay savvy! Sounds like your ovulation is coming very soon. I have been doing my monitor every morning. Oddly enough my monitor started reading highs on cd11 i believe. I thought my monitor was wrong so i didnt do any opks for a while. the other day i had a funny feeling that i should take one. it almost looked positive when i took the stick out. i know you're not suppose to read the sticks but i do. Yesterday i took one at three which i could swear was positive but got an empty circle. I usually wouldnt test again but something made me and it was positive. this am my monitor gave me a peak so i know they have to be right my temp should spike tomorrow or the following day.

i would say test maybe one more time before bed otherwise i bet in the am you will have a blazing positive.

FBG, I think I just got my positive...or close enough for me! Both lines are the same darkness now...going to test again in the morning to confirm. Good thing we skipped a day last week and my SMEP and opk are saying BD tonight! Now if they could just finish this Nascar race or I might have to break my tv before I get my hubby in bed! lol

Good thing you are using the opks too! Looks like we are going to be testing buddies again, I am guessing I will get a + tomorrow and my temp will spike up on Tuesday maybe...now I am just hoping I have a 31 day cycle this month, instead of 24-26 day, so I can actually have a LP. Not too happy I am on CD18 right now.

Ya I am not too sure what to think of this cycle.yesterday was only cd 12. i usually ovulate cd 17. last time i ovulated early it was cd 14 and it was a 21 day cycle. i only had one cycle short in the last year. i am not sure y my body does this but all i can do is hope and pray for a long enough lp to implant. i should be testing the week of march 10 if its not a short cycle.

My monitor just asked for a test. So I am now in the waiting to O phase. The clomid made me so hot last night. Just a couple more days of that thank goodness.

Savvy good luck on the lp.

Ya I am not too sure what to think of this cycle.yesterday was only cd 12. i usually ovulate cd 17. last time i ovulated early it was cd 14 and it was a 21 day cycle. i only had one cycle short in the last year. i am not sure y my body does this but all i can do is hope and pray for a long enough lp to implant. i should be testing the week of march 10 if its not a short cycle.

Unfortunately it could be from your recent m/c, especially the last 21 day cycle. Fx'd that both of us have a nice, long LP so our sticky beans can implant and snuggle in for 9 months! :)

My monitor just asked for a test. So I am now in the waiting to O phase. The clomid made me so hot last night. Just a couple more days of that thank goodness.

Let the waiting begin! The side effects from clomid don't seem great at times...hopefully you are feeling better today.

Blazing + opk this morning, I am very excited now! :)

Let the waiting begin! The side effects from clomid don't seem great at times...hopefully you are feeling better today.

Blazing + opk this morning, I am very excited now! :)

Awesome!

I was hot the past 2 nights. Sat night my husband said he wasn't hot...last night he was. We have a weird sleeping set up. We close the bedroom door so we know when the dogs needs to go out. So what ends up happening is a lack of air flow I think because the bedroom is warm & the rest of the house cool. I have been keeping the heat low to save money...around 66. Also, we have 3 dogs & I think through the night they all migrate to me. I have one that always snuggles with me...he basically can't get close enough to me. I always wonder how thatw ill change when a baby comes. But I hope to not cause a habit of the baby sleeping in the bed anyways. So that could be why I am so hot. But overall, I do not hate being on clomid. I really have had no side effects except the occassional hot flash & a few emotional moments.

So the past couple of weeks I have just had this nagging feeling inside. What if the IUI is not it for us? Should I do 3 more rounds with an RE? Or do I need to go straight to IVF? Sometimes I just feel like biting the bullet & go straight to the IVF. But there are just too many unknowns. Will it work? How much will it end up costing us? Mutliples? Time off from work? But what if I go to the next IUI & my husband's count hasn't changed at all? His count for the IUI was the same as his SA in October. And he has been taking vitamins for at least 3 months I think. I really just hope to see a change there. I am just so uncertain of our chances with a washed count of 1 million again. But I know my timing will be way better. I have also wondered about sperm donation vs IVF. The cost would be significantly lower. But my husband just doesn't seem ok with this idea. I don't think it should matter. I know it's not as easy as that. But when I think of going through failed IVF...I just think donation should be an option. I mean, we were considering adoption...so what's the difference?

Sorry guys...I just think this whole thing is getting to me...I think with each month that goes by, I get more discouraged. I really wanted a 2014 baby...& now I only have 2 more cycles for that. I will then have to change to a 2014 pregnancy...but then how long before I am changing that goal? My birthday is coming up in a few months. I will be 32...I know some of you are older than me...but I just really don't know how long I can do this. I feel like I am going at it pretty aggressively.

Anyways...I think my mind is just all over the place right now...maybe I can get focused on work...my bosses are in a meeting, so I am all alone in the office for a couple of hours.

Just took a test with smu and it was - so either it is to early or I am not pregnant :( But at least I know the trigger shot is not still in my system.

Just took a test with smu and it was - so either it is to early or I am not pregnant :( But at least I know the trigger shot is not still in my system.

You are definitely too early! Do not be discouraged, yet. IUI was on the 13th, so I am assuming you have your O day as the 13th or 14th...so the end of the week is going to give you a much more accurate result.

Good luck!

Thanks Savvysaver :)

Looks like I'm out though. AF is here, just a week late. Maybe the CT dye had something to do with it? I've never been late though. Ugh. Mean trick, huh?

Currently curled up in a blanket with a heating pad. Onto month 6 of TTC #1.

When is too early to have DH do a sperm test?

Looks like I'm out though. AF is here, just a week late. Maybe the CT dye had something to do with it? I've never been late though. Ugh. Mean trick, huh?

Sorry that AF showed, but at least you got the CT scan and dye out of the way last month. I don't think it is ever too early to have a SA for your DH, though I think most doctors wait for a year...I really want my DH to have one but my doctor refused. Hubby had double hernia surgery where he was told it might make him infertile but since I saw the doctor due to an early m/c he didn't see any reason to test either of us...if I don't get prego this month I will demand some tests or switch doctors.

Still too early, especially with smu! At least you know the trigger shot isn't in your system. Just wait a few more days to test, fx'd for a bfp :)

Personally, I don't think there is a too early. If you guys are anxious & want to start testing, I say do it. You may run in to some push back from doctors though since you have only been trying for 6 months. I think they say 1-2 years if you are relatively young & healthy. I think after 2 years a dr will consider you to have fertility issues. But an SA is not that expensive in my opinion. Once you start fertility testing, that is usually the first thing they do because it is non invasive.

Beaglemom, just a few thoughts after reading your post...would you be able to ask for a monitored IUI? Maybe that would give you more positive vibes? I really think that the last IUI just didn't work since you had so many things working against you, snow/bad weather, a late + opk and the weekend. I really have a good feeling for you this month, you know what is going to take place and it looks like your O day should line up nicely this time. Could you maybe discuss your feelings with your doctor, see what her opinion is?

I think we all get a bit discouraged at times, as each month goes on our need/want to be pregnant grows. It is hard to even think about getting another BFN, and I hate that so many other girls feel the same way as we do.

Beaglemom, just a few thoughts after reading your post...would you be able to ask for a monitored IUI? Maybe that would give you more positive vibes? I really think that the last IUI just didn't work since you had so many things working against you, snow/bad weather, a late + opk and the weekend. I really have a good feeling for you this month, you know what is going to take place and it looks like your O day should line up nicely this time. Could you maybe discuss your feelings with your doctor, see what her opinion is?

I think we all get a bit discouraged at times, as each month goes on our need/want to be pregnant grows. It is hard to even think about getting another BFN, and I hate that so many other girls feel the same way as we do.

My dr knows I am hesitant about IVF. My husband, too. I have kind of worked out in my head that one IVF would not be too bad as far as cost. But they also have these guaranty programs where you get some money back if the IVF fails. But I have no idea the price on that.

Logically, I totally think you are right & I have every reason to have higher hopes with this cycle. I think I am just getting so anxious about the whole deal. I buy little things here & there but I am just ready to dive into the whole deal, you know. I think I just need to get all my anxieties out here so I feel a little better. And the positive reinforcement really helps.

I am going to lunch in a few, & I think I will go by this massage place to get prices/info on massages. I think I want to try to schedule one for Friday for both of us since I am hoping for an early in the week O. And we also have a hockey team here...not pro...but it is super cheap to go & my husband has been wanting to go, so I think I will pick up tickets for next Friday. it will give us something to look forward to besides testing.

My dr knows I am hesitant about IVF. My husband, too. I have kind of worked out in my head that one IVF would not be too bad as far as cost. But they also have these guaranty programs where you get some money back if the IVF fails. But I have no idea the price on that.

Logically, I totally think you are right & I have every reason to have higher hopes with this cycle. I think I am just getting so anxious about the whole deal. I buy little things here & there but I am just ready to dive into the whole deal, you know. I think I just need to get all my anxieties out here so I feel a little better. And the positive reinforcement really helps.

I am going to lunch in a few, & I think I will go by this massage place to get prices/info on massages. I think I want to try to schedule one for Friday for both of us since I am hoping for an early in the week O. And we also have a hockey team here...not pro...but it is super cheap to go & my husband has been wanting to go, so I think I will pick up tickets for next Friday. it will give us something to look forward to besides testing.

I think it is good to get your feelings out, sometimes it just helps me to physically type my feelings out. A lot of times I feel so much better after posting something here, especially when I am worried. We are all going through our own ttc journey but it is great to have each other keep us positive!

I think a massage and date night sounds like a wonderful idea. Spend some time together that had nothing to do with opks, monitors, BD, IUIs, etc.

Even though I got a blazing positive this monring I decided to use two opks at noon, nice dark test line on wondfo and the smiley on the clearblue! I am super excited now. I took a shower and was looking at my stomach in the mirror thinking about my soon to be bump...then I got the crazy idea to look up when you could announce your bfp, it would be May 19th - which would be the week after Mother's Day! That would be a really cool Mother's Day announcement :)

Thanks Savvy and Beaglemom! I am hoping its just too early.

Beaglemom all of your ideas about the message and the tickets are great ideas!

Thanks, guys...it def feels better just to type everything out. I have had these conversations with my husband...but we just keep our fingers crossed that it is not a bridge we have to cross. The one thing I am thankful of is we are finally getting in to a better financial spot...paying off debt...so I feel much better financially about making the IVF plunge. Not that I just have the money in the bank, but we have some options...& can start saving up.

I did go book the massage. Anyone hear of Massage Envy? Apparently it is a chain. You can pay a membership fee & get a free massage once a month & then discounts on additional services. Seems pretty neat. Basically for about $100 a month me & my husband can get a massage. I think that would be a good habit to get in to. We both have pretty stressful jobs & my husband works long hours. They actually have a couples room which will be nice. We will see how it goes. So now I am trying to think of a good place to maybe get early dinner before hand but a lite place. Or maybe we just eat something small at home & do something else fun to keep us in the relaxing mood. Maybe ice cream or something. Then go home & make a fire outside & drink some wine. I am very excited. I don't think I am going to tell him until that night we have plans.

Savvy, it is very exciting to be in the hopeful stage. I have a different thought on the bump thing. I have been gradually gaining weight...& I heard you are not supposed to vigouriously exercise on clomid...especially if you are not a physical person...& don't start new work out routines while TTC. So I have been putting it off hoping to get pregnant...& therefore have a reason to have a few extra pounds. So when I look in the mirror, I think about how long I have to wait before I can actually take a bump pic...people will think my gut is a bump...lol. Oh the wonderful things about being over 30. The matabolism is just not what it used to be. But the weather is getting nicer, so I am going to try to incorporate walks on my lunch. I work in a shopping center, so pretty easy to take a loop around. And I have been trying hard not to eat out at work. But me & my husband sure love some bad stuff that we eat at home.

You & your husband enjoy your positive opk! ;)

Beaglemom, I think a massage, ice cream, fire outside and some wine sound amazing! What a great date night!! Sounds like a good deal on the massages, seems like around me they are at least $100+ for one person!

Maybe I should clear up the 'bump' wishes...I have gained a few pounds since starting my food diet (eliminating dairy, wheat, gluten, etc.) I hate the couple of pounds but I love that I actually feel better and I am not sick all the time. Unfortunately I still get terrible stomach bloat from certain foods so at times it looks like I have a 9 month baby bump. Now I just need a baby for my bump! :)

Hubby is working super late tonight, my oven is on, my eggs are waiting...now I just need the 'special ingredients'!!:haha:

Unfortunately it could be from your recent m/c, especially the last 21 day cycle. Fx'd that both of us have a nice, long LP so our sticky beans can implant and snuggle in for 9 months! :)

Oh i am sorry i wasnt very clear my 21day cycle was last July. There was no rhyme or reason for it was way before the mc. my post mc cycle was 33 days which is fairly normal. i even ovulated on cd 17 as normal. i guess i will see how long this cycle is shortly.

I got a high on the monitor today. Why can't anything be easy? I haven't been taking notes the past couple cycles, so I will look back in the thread to see what cd my first high was on. I just want O to hold off until Tues. Ideally get a pos opk Mon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->