February & March 2022 miracles

Nope - and my ticker is off by nearly a week! I’m actually due 2nd of March.
We (the adults) have somehow avoided covid so far, but my daughter has had it twice now! Unsure how we managed to avoid catching it abs I’m nervous one of us will have it for delivery.

what are the rules for visits etc where everyone is? I’m allowed two birth partners, and one visitor 9am-9pm every day, with a second visiting for one hour per day.

Just stalking :winkwink: great to see you almost at your due date. Good luck, hope all goes well!! x

Just popping in to stalk. So close Ladies. Can't wait for more babes to be born.
How are we in Feb already :shock:

Here we are not allowed any visitors. And if the partner tests positive, it's a mess. (you're on your own). And if the partner leaves, they can't come back.

It was stressing me a lot, hence why I'm *happy* (what a weird thing to say), that we got COVID last week, because we should be good for when I give birth in 5 weeks (or sooner if I cant keep this babe in!)

Its good you can have visitors @loeylo !

@Suggerhoney I have no idea how we are February already haha. I find that this pregnancy ZOOMED by... or maybe my concept of time is messed up during a pandemic hahah

Some bump updates? Haha we are february and its been quiet! Haha! Cant wait to see the little babes!

32 weeks bump here! Hoping I make it to 37 without a hitch!
Screenshot_20220206-184054_Gallery.jpg

Can I join last minute!! I’m just over 38 weeks and decided to search for a group to pass the time of these last few weeks!!

my due date is Feb 19, 2022 and my induction date is Feb 24th if I don’t go before then!

And yes, there’s only one in there! Lol

EF8FE3D1-09DA-448D-861C-A00D2997E5EE.jpegEF8FE3D1-09DA-448D-861C-A00D2997E5EE.jpegEF8FE3D1-09DA-448D-861C-A00D2997E5EE.jpeg

Welcome!

Of course! What a lovely belly! And a due date right around the corner congratulations!

The last few weeks seem to last forever huh! Haha. Just the constant, is this it?

I had to go to the maternity ward yesterday. Contractions wouldn't stop.

The preterm labor test was negative. So there's that. But I was 100% effaced and 1-2 cm dilated. Dont know why Im surprised. This is routine by now. I barely manage to keep em until 37! Dunno if this one is gonna make it that far. But 34 would be good. Bed rest. Cant do laundry cant do nothing. Hard with two littles boys 3 and under but!

Omg I couldn’t imagine having to be on bed rest! I bet that is so hard with your other littles! Moms never get a break!

These last few weeks remind of symptom spotting when TTC lol every little thing is like “could this be the start of labor!?”

A soft bowel movement, feeling nauseous, extreme pelvic pressure, tightening below the belly, each one of these “could” be something but hasn’t amounted to anything!! Haha

Indeed, haha. They don't quite understand the bed rest concept haha. And I am hyperactive as a person so haha.

Ohhh. Those are the worst. You think you'd get better at labor spotting after having a kid but NOPE hahaha. It IS like ttc symptoms spotting hahaha. Any kick lower, less kicks, more kicks... breathing differently hahaha.

I hope it comes sooner rather than later for you haha. Lot better to have the little one in our arms than wondering haha.

Are your other little ones excited about the new arrival?

They are! My oldest (just turned 7) is the least crazy about babies, but even he is loving on my belly so much and asking about new baby… I think he has come around more with each baby as he has gotten older.

My younger two (just turned 5 and 2) are baby lovers and cannot wait for this baby’s arrival!

How are your other children taking it?

Just stalking :winkwink: great to see you almost at your due date. Good luck, hope all goes well!! x
Aaaaaah I did not know you were pregnant too! How did I miss this?! Massive congrats (though that feels SO late now ) he will be born a week today!

Here we are not allowed any visitors. And if the partner tests positive, it's a mess. (you're on your own). And if the partner leaves, they can't come back.

It was stressing me a lot, hence why I'm *happy* (what a weird thing to say), that we got COVID last week, because we should be good for when I give birth in 5 weeks (or sooner if I cant keep this babe in!)

Its good you can have visitors @loeylo !

@Suggerhoney I have no idea how we are February already haha. I find that this pregnancy ZOOMED by... or maybe my concept of time is messed up during a pandemic hahah
Oh that’s horrendous but at least your partner can stay overnight, right? Our partners can only be there 9am-9pm but can leave. My midwife confirmed that I’m likely only to be in until the next day, providing I’m okay and baby can feed and hold his temp. I’ve to be there at 7am on the day of section and they expect me to be done by lunch, so that gives my partner 9hours post birth. He’s going to have to nip out for food though. Then, next day he’ll get there as soon as he’s done school drop off (it’s about 20 minutes drive) and stay hopefully until we get discharged. Dd might visit after school on the day of my section but someone else would need to drive her to the hospital and pass her to my partner in reception, then wait around on her.

I’m booked in for my section, 23rd February at 7am. The way planned sections work in my hospital is that they have a different team doing them than deal with emergencies, so normally you get the date you are given.
We still haven’t finished the nursery my fiancé is working 48 hours this week as well. It’s been one disaster after another.
We redecorated our bedroom at 35 weeks. I don’t mean a wee lick of paint - we ripped out fitted wardrobes, replastered, got new furniture and flooring, the whole lot. Df thought he would be okay building the big fitted style IKEA wardrobes himself, it took three days.
We went to build baby’s crib which seems to have lost parts since dd was in it (6 years ago) so currently it is half built in our room.
We did get dd to agree to get rid of some of her massive toys to make space in the play room for babies things. When we cleared them out we noticed mould behind them so we have had to buy another dehumidifier for in the play room (it’s an old house) and df had to remove the skirting etc and replace it and repaint walls in there.
I’ve still not packed my hospital bag either.
Today, I plan to organise the play room. Tomorrow, I’ll organise the kids bedroom. On Friday I’m going to pack my hospital bag, then we are doing a meal with some friends and kids. On Saturday I’m going out with my mum, dad and dd for coffee and cake, and then I’ll wash babies bottles. On Sunday I’m doing lunch with another friend and kids. then df is off work so we will just do some tidying up and have some family time when dd finishes school on Monday and Tuesday. She’s staying at my mum and dads on Tuesday night.

Aaaah I can’t believe it’s so close! Here is the current state of the kids room as you can see it’s a huge room so it just feels overwhelming.

562CB381-1A1F-42E9-82B9-8B857A0F90DA.jpeg

@loeylo YES IT HAPPENED!! AND STUCK!!! lol, 21weeks today. Had my 20week scan yesterday and it was OK except he was in the wrong position for just about everything! Eventually got all measurements but couldn't get his full face, too squished into the placenta. So back in 2 weeks for that. I still feel anxious and just didn't get that relief I expected from being told he is healthy and measuring fine. Its just me, I should be happy and need to focus on the positives!

You have had a busy time eh! But you sound very organised and just take it one day at a time. Mind and look after yourself xx

@loeylo
Eeeeek so close hon. I hope ure section goes really well. Can't wait to see baby pics.

Good luck to all u other ladies too. Hope to see some more babies born here soon. Its been so quiet.

I’m booked in for my section, 23rd February at 7am. The way planned sections work in my hospital is that they have a different team doing them than deal with emergencies, so normally you get the date you are given.
We still haven’t finished the nursery my fiancé is working 48 hours this week as well. It’s been one disaster after another.
We redecorated our bedroom at 35 weeks. I don’t mean a wee lick of paint - we ripped out fitted wardrobes, replastered, got new furniture and flooring, the whole lot. Df thought he would be okay building the big fitted style IKEA wardrobes himself, it took three days.
We went to build baby’s crib which seems to have lost parts since dd was in it (6 years ago) so currently it is half built in our room.
We did get dd to agree to get rid of some of her massive toys to make space in the play room for babies things. When we cleared them out we noticed mould behind them so we have had to buy another dehumidifier for in the play room (it’s an old house) and df had to remove the skirting etc and replace it and repaint walls in there.
I’ve still not packed my hospital bag either.
Today, I plan to organise the play room. Tomorrow, I’ll organise the kids bedroom. On Friday I’m going to pack my hospital bag, then we are doing a meal with some friends and kids. On Saturday I’m going out with my mum, dad and dd for coffee and cake, and then I’ll wash babies bottles. On Sunday I’m doing lunch with another friend and kids. then df is off work so we will just do some tidying up and have some family time when dd finishes school on Monday and Tuesday. She’s staying at my mum and dads on Tuesday night.

Aaaah I can’t believe it’s so close! Here is the current state of the kids room as you can see it’s a huge room so it just feels overwhelming.

View attachment 1106236

Omg how chaotic!! Glad you have a plan to get e writhing accomplished last minute though! And staying busy will keep you preoccupied! Good luck with the planned c-section on the 23rd! Hope everything goes smoothly for you!

If I don't pop on here b4 I just wanted to say good luck for Wednesday @loeylo

0D342B2F-2DB5-4380-8A3E-58FBF35DEA4C.jpeg He’s here! And we got the house finished before he got here

We were the first section of the day. Things started to go wrong from my pre-op checks lol. They could not get blood from me at all and ended up blowing two veins in the process, so had to put my cannula in early to eventually get blood. I got a really bad vibe from the anaesthetist - I can’t take dihydrocodeine so I had asked for alternative pain relief afterwards and was told that they give you a rectal pain relief in surgery which means there is no pain for 20 hours and the first 24 hours after surgery are the only time I should need anything more than paracetamol anyway, I knew that was nonsense so she eventually wrote me up for some oramorph and an anti sickness. She told me that oramorph wojld make me even more sick than dihydrocodeine.
Went for surgery which was fine until I got a horrific pain in my chest - it honestly felt like someone was crushing me. I told her and she claimed it was “tension leaving my body” which was bull obviously. She eventually game me something to calm me down but refused to tell me what drug it was despite me asking several times.
Baby was born perfectly healthy and we both did skin to skin.
We got to recovery and whatever she had given me made me horrifically sick so I spent 6 hours vomiting - despite anti sickness meds. During this, they took baby to NICU because of breathing problems. My partner went with ds so I was left alone for the whole time which was tough.
Eventually my partner came back and told em that he was getting lots of tests - x rays, bloods etc - and was being left in nicu overnight on antibiotics. At this point I demanded I get to go see him so they took out my catheter and wheeled me over. It was so scary.
He got out the following morning luckily - they think it was just mucus. We had to stay in hospital another night while getting more monitoring but we got home on day 3.
My recovery has been great on the whole except from shoulder pain from trapped wind which honestly has been the worst part.
Max was born 23/2/22 at 9:22 weighing 6lbs6 and 55cm long. He’s perfect!

Congratulations!! He is so beautiful!

I am so sorry you were ignored and treated like that... I had a horrible experience with DS1 of a nurse thinking she knew best (nearly gave birth in the hallway cause of that..).

What a scary experience with Max! DS1 swallowed amniotic fluid on his way out, and had to stay 4 days too because of that (no antibiotics here though), I'm sorry you had that stressful moment, but I'm glad he's good and he got discharged!

I hope your shoulder pain goes away soon! Enjoy the LO and rest as much as you can :)

View attachment 1106571 He’s here! And we got the house finished before he got here

We were the first section of the day. Things started to go wrong from my pre-op checks lol. They could not get blood from me at all and ended up blowing two veins in the process, so had to put my cannula in early to eventually get blood. I got a really bad vibe from the anaesthetist - I can’t take dihydrocodeine so I had asked for alternative pain relief afterwards and was told that they give you a rectal pain relief in surgery which means there is no pain for 20 hours and the first 24 hours after surgery are the only time I should need anything more than paracetamol anyway, I knew that was nonsense so she eventually wrote me up for some oramorph and an anti sickness. She told me that oramorph wojld make me even more sick than dihydrocodeine.
Went for surgery which was fine until I got a horrific pain in my chest - it honestly felt like someone was crushing me. I told her and she claimed it was “tension leaving my body” which was bull obviously. She eventually game me something to calm me down but refused to tell me what drug it was despite me asking several times.
Baby was born perfectly healthy and we both did skin to skin.
We got to recovery and whatever she had given me made me horrifically sick so I spent 6 hours vomiting - despite anti sickness meds. During this, they took baby to NICU because of breathing problems. My partner went with ds so I was left alone for the whole time which was tough.
Eventually my partner came back and told em that he was getting lots of tests - x rays, bloods etc - and was being left in nicu overnight on antibiotics. At this point I demanded I get to go see him so they took out my catheter and wheeled me over. It was so scary.
He got out the following morning luckily - they think it was just mucus. We had to stay in hospital another night while getting more monitoring but we got home on day 3.
My recovery has been great on the whole except from shoulder pain from trapped wind which honestly has been the worst part.
Max was born 23/2/22 at 9:22 weighing 6lbs6 and 55cm long. He’s perfect!

Awwww congratulations hon he is so cute. Sorry u had a bit of a rough time but so glad ure both OK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->