• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

February mummies 2011 <3

Hey Ladies, I miss you all too!

Le Mere, congratulations on baby Samuel! How are you coping with the two?
My little lady is due in 7 days time, scared, excited and exhausted!

Hi Chilly, glad to read your doing ok. Devin sounds like Demi! Cheeky monkeys and we have defo hit the terrible twos too.
Sorry to read he has asthma, hope it only mild and he will grow out of it.

Demi is on the bottom bunk with her three and a half year old sister at the top.... Was going fab until two weeks ago she keeps climbing out the bed and causing havoc!
I'm sure she knows change is upon us!
She says and attempts loads of words and can say three or four word sentences, she has all her teeth and eats ok ish.
She does wake up in the night still- always been a minx for that!
Love to hear from more Feb mummies and LO's xxx

Hey Ladies, I miss you all too!

Le Mere, congratulations on baby Samuel! How are you coping with the two?
My little lady is due in 7 days time, scared, excited and exhausted!

Hi Chilly, glad to read your doing ok. Devin sounds like Demi! Cheeky monkeys and we have defo hit the terrible twos too.
Sorry to read he has asthma, hope it only mild and he will grow out of it.

Demi is on the bottom bunk with her three and a half year old sister at the top.... Was going fab until two weeks ago she keeps climbing out the bed and causing havoc!
I'm sure she knows change is upon us!
She says and attempts loads of words and can say three or four word sentences, she has all her teeth and eats ok ish.
She does wake up in the night still- always been a minx for that!
Love to hear from more Feb mummies and LO's xxx

Thanks, Jem! We're all still adjusting, but we are doing well! I finally got a decent nights sleep last night, lol. Rayven is doing well, she doesn't really wake much during the night anymore, unless Samuel wakes her. I can't wait to hear all about your new little lady!

Hey everyone , congrats on baby Samuel la mere :)

I am a little bit jealous seeing you all TTc or preg or with babies but I am so exhausted with my three and we can't afford any more though I have to confess I have been thinking of it lately but this time I am letting the head rule the heart .

Holly is great , she is a right little character and has her brothers well and truly wrapped around her finger . No potty training yet she is showing some signs but not enough I am thinking of just waiting till the summer.

Still only 12 teeth here but she had horrible teething rash so guessing more are on way

She loves girly stuff like doing my hair and pushing her dolls wearing jewellery etc but then joins in with her brothers playing fireman Sam and cars etc.

She doesnt eat that much not got a huge appetite but eats quite well and isn't too picky.
She mainly sleeps In her own bed though
She
She is teething or unwell we co sleep still

Hi Ladies, Been awful at posting! Congrats on the new arrivals and Gem not long now!!

A lot has been going on with us the past few weeks. Lennie still isnt doing what he should. My sister kindly told me that she thinks something is wrong with Lennie like he has some form of autism or learning disability. I was devestated and couldnt stop crying until about a week later searching online for what could be wrong with him. My OH was angry. We have I guess a family that likes to interfear a lot. Sometimes I do feel like I am still a teenager and not a 28 year old mother.
Anyway I contacted the HV who came round and saw Lennie this week. Basically Lennie still isnt walking. I really do believe it is his confidence. You can see he is strong enough and manages walking holding one hand etc but he is just scared with no one there to hold on to. He took one very shakey step last week but hasnt attempted more. He is having physio for his walking which is defo working.
Lennie also doesnt say much - not the required 50-100 words :-( Eventhough I know he understands what I am telling him.
He doesnt point to things but I can ask him where my mouth is and he will look at my mouth....or eyes, nose etc.
Lennie is also fascinated with his hands. He likes to tap things a lot and wave.
From the HV visit he has been referred to Speech therapy and to have his eyes tested cause he likes to get close up to his toys.
She said that he has some development delays but that doesnt mean that something is wrong but then went on to tell me that his hand thing "isnt right"
I am so confused. At the time I didnt want to ask her what she was thinking and basically said very little apart from answer her questions because all I wanted to do was cry. Some days I am strong about it and somedays I don't want to get out of bed and face anything. Thankfully they are not too often. When I think about it I cry so I tend not to dwell on it too much.
My OH also told me he was referred for S&L therapy because of his hearing so I dont know if they will refer him for a hearing test as a routine thing.

Other stuff that is going on with us.....we are trying to concieve. This is the first month. Currently in the 2ww!! I am not tracking or anything cause when ttc Lennie I think that I thought about it too much so I am trying to take a laid back approach!

I also am having investigations on my uterus. After complaining of heavy periods for years I luckily got a locum doctor who referred me for a scan! The scan showed thicker lining of uterus. When I went back to surgery the gp said she will compare measurements to where I was in my cycle. Since then I have had a letter from hosp to say I need another scan at the beginning of my cycle and basically need to ring up when I come on my period and I will be given a date to have a scan that week......I think that means I will have it whilst on my period :-S

Sorry for essay post! xx

Oooh Rach TTC ..thats nearly all of you lol .

My cousin didnt walk till she was 25 months old :)

My 2nd didnt say a work except mama and dadda till he turned 2 - he also had s&l therapy and now at almost 5 we cant shut him up.

I am sure Lennie will turn out just fine.

you should rin g her up and ask her about the hand thing if you are worried , sometimes at the time you dont like to ask but now you have had time to think about it perhaos ring up and ask her to discuss it with you so you know more what she is thinking.

Oh Rach, your post initially made me feel so sad for you. I'm sure your sister thought her comment was helping? I hope the health visitors point you in the right direction and give you the support you need. I bet there are lots of children who don't walk until there after two and it could be a confidence thing. Demi's speech has only just come on in the last few weeks, I don't think she says the 100 words?
Maybe Lennies ears could be checked to rule it out? A child in Isla's class didn't get diagnosed until she was three and then she got the support she needed.
Sending you lots of love and gl for ttc, can't wait to see the bfp!!

Eve, I wonder if we as women always feel broody?
I am pretty sure I'm content with this one arriving soon, but I am scared I will feel broody. I couldn't even talk to Shaun about it coz the answer would be no! And I know that would be the sensible answer too.

yeah i think id always feel broody but we are starting to be in a decent position now , we are looking at buying a nice 4 bed house , i am working part time etc . Having another one makes that all a bit more difficult. plus i gotta be honest the spd scares me, and hubby is 40 next year so he says he is too old for more and he doesnt want to have to work forever to support them all - which i can understand. Its things like school trips - my friends teenager just got back froma £600 skiing trip - plus spending money and has booked again for next years , I will (and you jem ) have my kids at school 2 years apart so there will be potentially 3 trips but definitley 2 to pay for each year, a 4th would make that a bit more difficult . Hubby never went on a paid school trip as he couldnt afford it , and had to drop out of uni to get a job to help to pay the rent etc so he is adament that our kids will get to do all that sort of thing , but babies are sooooooooo cute lol . 4 of my friends all had little boys in the last 2 weeks i will just have to munch them lol

Ladies, I think that the broodiness NEVER ends. I was only pleading with Rich last week that I needed another one (just one more I said lol). I cannot bare the thought that I may never be pregnant again and never experience birth again, it makes me really sad - devastated even. I really hope the feeling goes away, because with 5 children (2 with special needs - let alone the 2 babies) I really think it will be unfair on them if I have another one. I just keep telling myself to feel blessed with my beautiful children, that and that I will get cuddles from Jemma's little babba soon lol.

Rach, I hope that you get good news about lo, although remember every child reaches the milestones at different times. I'm sure that lennie will catch up. I've been worried about James who is 10 months and has only just started sitting up, but I realise now that he's just a little bit more chilled out than Lily was. They'll get there in the end.

So lovely that people are updating again .... keep it up ladies xx

thats how i feel josie , Its not so much having a baby lol but i feel devestated i will never be pregnant again and never breast feed again and never give birth , or never feel a baby kciking inside me.
then i remember how we all had norovirus and i spent a week of changing beds and vomit and diorreah and then we all got it back again ...lol ! that puts me off ;)

Hi all, well I guess I'd better do a little update...just caught up a bit have not been on in ages! Congrats for all the new babies (still can't believe people have had subsequent babies, can barely cope with one lol) :) and fingers crossed for all those ttc again.
Rach, I do hope that lennie's issues are nothing or solved easily, I do know of many situations like this where it was either the hearing (grommets helped that child) or just choosing not to speak etc. the best thing you can do is get every referral possible and I'm sure the professionals will be able to help him to start moving on :) bless you though, it must be a bit of a worry. Hugs xx
As for me, we've just had oscar's 2nd birthday - two years - where the hell did that go??? We had a gruffalo party, which went down a storm :) although he's had a bit of a temp all weekend and hasn't been himself, he still seemed to enjoy himself :)
I'm slowly coming around to the idea of another child, and my oh has finally agreed too. I think we'll start thinking about ttc later on this year, as I want to sort out my house and possibly a wedding too this year before I get up duffed again. Am scared about the whole thing though, the spd and the labour fill me with fear! So we' ll see!

Thank you for your uplifting comments.

I do feel sometimes I dont have faith enough in my little man but then snap myself out of it. Silly thing is he is still my Lennie and nothing will ever change that or how I feel about him.

I am going to ring the HV and just ask her what she could be thinking.

I'm still TTC and already get sad about it being the last one! But I think it is something I will just have to deal with cause I am gonna feel sad after every last baby if that makes sense?

I loved oscars gruffalo pictures on facebook. He looked super cute.

I have brought everything now for Lens birthday. I do feel a bit bad cause he only has 3 toys! All the rest is stuff for his bedroom and bedding. But he still has toys here from christmas that he hasnt even looked at! I am excited about him going into his bed cause im sure it will be more comphy then having no space in his cot but I feel sad too cause hes growing up. lol. Im going to put a stair gate on his door as well and I can imagine he isnt going to make a fuss to wake us in the morning but trash his room instead. lol.

Jem really excited to hearing some news from you! xx

I am now done for Hollys birthday I have bought very little but im happy with what she has , same as you Rach we still have stuff from xmas not looked at and we are trying to make more room in the house so we can actually get it put up for sale.

It is sad when you make the decision to have no more babies :(

did you watch the programme the other week about the woman with 16 kids ?

No, what channel was that on? I might have to try and find it hopefully on some iplayer. It sounds interesting. xx

Oh I did!!! Can't remember what channel? It's 16 kids and counting.
Oh my lord imagine that!!!

When I read your comment Rach about no more babies after your third it actually bought a tear to my eye.... But right now with four days till due date I have mentally and physically had enough! And I'm glad at the min, that this is it! Maybe I feel like that coz Ive had three babies/ four pregnancies in just over four years? I'm just 29 and I do wonder if I will want more when I'm in my thirties?

We had a tea party for Demi tonight with four friends and she loves it! We sang happy birthday and she was trying to sing along- it was my birthday last week so she must remember it from then?

When Shaun come home she said 'light, off, blow!
So in other words... We turned the light off and she blew her candles out :)
So glad we got to do tonight, made her feel special before the next baby arrives.

When is everyone's LO's birthday? And what are you doing for it?
We are having an open house on Sunday- her birthday, so anyone who wants to visit after 3pm can. That way we have the morning to ourselves.

What have you got Holly?

rach cant remeber the channel but i think it might have been c4 , i loved them the kids all slept in beds together and seemed to get on really well , it did look like a mission to get them to school in a morning though lol ,

Jem - that sounds nice a little tea party glad she enjoyed it. As for kids in your 30's - I always said i wanted to be done by 30 i was 30 when i had Holly , i found it quite hard being pregnant with her , not sure if that was cus i had 2 other little ones to run round after or my age or a combination of the 2 but i certainly felt it thats for sure !

I have got Holly a pink balance bike - she loves bike riding and has been asking for a "pink bike please daddy" for a while. I have got her the bag and carry strap that go with the bike , a new bath toy , a peppa pig go glow light and some stampers , Hubby says she needs something else but im not going to bother as mom has got her 2 dressing up outfits and a scooter and my step nan has got her a cot for her dolls and some outfits for them so i feel like that enough tbh , plus her bike ended up being more money than i originally was going to spend but it was too cute to resist and got really good reviews :p

Hollys birthday is the 10th - a week on sunday , I dont really have much planned as Sundays my boys have football matches and swimming lessons but will prob just do a little buffet/party tea and a cake at tea time. My dad is in australia and my mom is coming on the Saturday so it will prob just be the 5 of us :D

Congrats on the new arrivals women! None of you sound like you're finished to me!!! I'd like to think I'm not (only one more though if I can) - and I turned 38 last week so there's LOADS OF TIME for you young whippersnappers!! We're ttc at the mo but I don't expect results quickly!

Rach, try not to worry too much about Lennie. He'll do it all in his own good time and if he gets extra support - great! I rem bein in hospital with Devin when he was only 13 weeks for failing to thrive. He had that many tests and has had so much follow up care on completely non - related issues like dermatology etc that he was the best treated baby in the country with nothing wrong with him!!!! Lap up all the extra stuff as a bonus! He is your perfect lil man with the happiest lil face and smile ever!!! I love seein your pics on FB! Everything will be fine but your a mammy and worrying is what we do best even when there's nothing to worry about!!!

Hi ya,

Ive not been on for ages cause I got annoyed with bnb....or my work internet really! I wrote a long post on my phone on my break and I swear our restroom has some sort of weird force around it cause I always have no signal in there but do in the toilet next to it! Anyway i wrote a post and went to post and page went blank and lost my post! grr. So I went on strike. haha.

Since my last post I am a lot more relaxed about everything. On Lennie's birthday my OH sister in law told me that she thinks Lennie has cerebal palsy.....so I just accepted it from her and went home and researched it and cried myself to sleep. I would just burst out crying anywhere and blame myself in the end that it was my fault because I wanted the VBAC.

My brother is in Falklands and it was really easy talking to him over the internet on facebook cause he helped me just deal with my emotions. He told me that my worrying was not going to achieve anything or change anything. So basically I got a grip on myself.

Then a couple of weeks ago we went to see the paedatrician for Lennie's routine checks for his asthma. I had already decided that I was going to ask her her opinions cause she is the expert after all.

She said that you can't diagnose autism until they are about 3 and even so Lennie is very interactive and she doesnt believe he is anyway. Then I asked her about CP and she explained all about it and said that Lennie doesnt have CP and she would have been able to tell this a long time ago. She also said if she had any concerns over Lennie she would have told us. So basically she said nothing is wrong.

It still doesnt feel like family members are satisfied though! My sister asked me what was said.....I told her what the paed said and she still didnt seem happy and said why is he delayed then? So has another member of OH family asking me today asking me why they think hes not talking. Its hard work but im just trying to ignore them really.

On another note we properly started TTC this month and i'm in TWW. I forgot how annoying it was and how obsessed I am despite telling myself not to be! haha.

Oh Rach what a rough time! I'm sorry family members feel the need to tell what they think.
I'm sure your doctor knows what there on about and so what if his delayed? He is perfect and he will develop in his own time.

I'm excite for the two week wait ladies!!! You must keep us posted!

My new addition, Ruby Skye is three weeks old and is amazing! She barely cries and sleeps well.
She has fitted in perfectly and defo completes the family.

I had a good labour... Started in the Thursday night at 11pm, contractions strong and painful at 7 mins apart, then at 6am they got further apart! Like an extra strong one every 30mins!
My midwife was coming out to give me a sweep at 11am- as I was 6days overdue- she said I was 5cm and waters were bulging! I cried so much, as my contractions had slowed I really thought she was going to say they were BH!

So at 12:30pm, we made our way to hospital as I was scared my waters would go (Demi arrived in 30mins)
Im pacing the room trying to get my contractions going... At 3pm, I beg for gas and air but as my contractions are still only 7 mins apart, I'm refused!
At 4pm I tell I need gas and air and want to be examined... I'm bouncing on the ball and I hear a pop... My waters! Midwife examines me and I'm still only 5cm!
But my contractions come super fast and I get in the pool.
The pool is just the best ever, lovely and warm and I'm able to hid my face, ha,ha.

Ruby arrived at 4:30pm- when just 20 mins earlier I'm only 5cm!! She weighed 8lb 1.5oz, brown hair ( so I have blonde, red and brown haired girls)
At 9 pm I'm at home eating a Chinese at home :)

When you ladies have your babies, I defo recommend a water birth!
Hope your all ok and your lo's are keepin busy cxxx

Rach, I meant to say that if there was anything wrong with Lennie, it wouldnt be your fault ever. You have a beautiful boy and don't listen to what anyone says, please stop thinking like that and just enjoy Lennie xxx

Yeah i am much more relaxed about it all and stopped listening to all the negative comments.

....... Anyway....... Oh My God got a BFP today! Period is due today and couldn't wait any longer. Went and brought tests this morning and there was no way I could resist until morning. I can't believe it. I'm going to have a baby this year!

Lennie was the only one home at the time and I said to him were all going to have a new baby and he said baby ^_^

I c
Oh was at work today but came home at lunch and I told him then. I put a sesame seeds in a box and a bit of paper saying this is how big our baby is and he was reading it out loud and just said.... 'you're pregnant?'
So excited but hasn't sunk in at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->