February Valentines 2012

Tequiero- Kenny's bled a little bit the day or two after it fell off. It happened to be a day of his appointment with the doctor and she saud a little bleeding is totally normal and for us not to do anything to it (no washing cleaning etc yet). It has since healed up nicely and I think the final small scab will fall off soon :) yours will probably do the same.

-----------
What are you ladies favorite Breastfeeding holds? My let down is so fast and it sort of drowns Kenny... We do the cross cradle or the football hold. I would love to do the regular cradle but his latch control isn't great yet and I think he needs me to guide him on.

What are you ladies favorite Breastfeeding holds? My let down is so fast and it sort of drowns Kenny... We do the cross cradle or the football hold. I would love to do the regular cradle but his latch control isn't great yet and I think he needs me to guide him on.

Hi Joker, hope bf is going better for you today, I felt just the way you describe a couple of weeks ago but it's SO much better now, just wait for the smiles! I think the bonding can be really difficult, especially if the birth wasn't what you expected like mine, when they are newborn, as they don't really interact with you, just cry. I kinda felt like anyone could look after Meg but now she has started smiling, she responds to my voice and if she's crying she'll usually stop if someone passes her to me, this feels so good as she's now giving something back its easier to try to meet all her emands without resenting them so much (and I'm clinging on to the fact everyone says it gets easier after 3 months)

With feeding we do a lot of laid back nursing - she just lies on my chest and makes her own way to the breast, I just stop her sliding down me. we do a lot of feeding to sleep this way (baby whisperer would not be impressed with me! I'm so in the 'not possible to spoil them when theyre tiny' camp) Also love side lying feeding through the night as we don't have to go anywhere. at first we were having to do football hold everytime on the left but now she's cracked it and an latch well in any position, she even carries on feeding when I get up to answer the phone or the door!

My all time fav is side laying...but obviously i cant do that without a bed or couch :haha:....i prefer cradle with Elliot...but with Isaiah i much fancied football or cross cradle.

I'm doing the cradle for the 2nd time today and it's working!! Kenny latched on!!!!

I'm doing the cradle for the 2nd time today and it's working!! Kenny latched on!!!!

Woot! :happydance:

I had my first visit from the health visitor today and she weighed Josh. He's exactly 14 days old today and has put on 9oz so he now weighs 6lb 10oz. Yay little man! I have been getting so stressy that I don't feel like I'm producing enough milk so it's reassuring to find out he's gaining weight like a trooper :D

Yay to both! :dance:

Today was my first day with the boys, alone. DH went back to work...it went surprisingly well!
The transition to two kids is def easier than the transition from no kids to one kid!

yeah...i have to admit i was excited when DH got home :haha:

So BFing...going well given the IGT...but apparently Elliot has a possible dairy intolerance and he is posterior tongue tie AND has a tight lip tie...:wacko::sad1:

Aww Guppy that sucks!! What did they say to do for now?

Favorite holds are cradle and lazy lol. She just nestles up and nurses. We are both lazy butts lmao.

just a deep latch for now...im thinking we will get his tongue tie clipped :sad1: which makes me feel terrible bc iim sure it hurts :( We probably wont get the lip tie clipped since really the only benefit would be for BFing. With the tongue tie it can cause issues with speech and such, which i think is important. If it was just BFing related, it only bothers me a little and he seems to be doing well...although he does get frustrated sometimes with latching. The latch is perfect, but bc of the ties its all internal. but anyways, its not interferring that much with BFing, but i would be concerned about his speech once he starts talking...so for that reason probably get the one clipped but not the other since it doesnt generally cause speech issues...idk though...

oh and i cut out dairy for 2 days...and then totally forgot an had some choc. milk :dohh: so now i have to start that all over again :wacko: ...its really hard bc i love choc. ovaltine! and cereal!

hi ladies, sorry i have been missing lately, havent had hardly any time to get on bnb at all.
weve been in hospital with holly for a few days, got home yesterday.
last wednesday i noticed she was breathing irregularly but everyone told me i was paranoid so i let it go. saturday came and she stopped breathing :cry: it was so terrifying. luckily all she needed was a push (everyone keeps saying i gave her a gentle nudge but im not going to lie, my motherly instinct was to wake her the hell up and i pushed her :wacko: )
she had to have a lumbar puncture which i can tell you i never want to make the decision to do that again. it was horrifying to think they were going to put a needle in my 9 day old babies spine :cry: jonno went while they did it thank god. but i was an absolute wreck and was screaming and crying the paediatric ward down :wacko:
all the tests came back clear thank god and the drs arent sure what happened.
she is stilll breathing irregularly . when she was hooked up to the monitors her oxygen levels kept dropping to 85% when she stopped breathing.
they think maybe some mucus on the lungs still but arent sure.

Guppy a baby had his clipped while i was in hospital and the mum said he didnt cry once x

hi ladies, sorry i have been missing lately, havent had hardly any time to get on bnb at all.
weve been in hospital with holly for a few days, got home yesterday.
last wednesday i noticed she was breathing irregularly but everyone told me i was paranoid so i let it go. saturday came and she stopped breathing :cry: it was so terrifying. luckily all she needed was a push (everyone keeps saying i gave her a gentle nudge but im not going to lie, my motherly instinct was to wake her the hell up and i pushed her :wacko: )
she had to have a lumbar puncture which i can tell you i never want to make the decision to do that again. it was horrifying to think they were going to put a needle in my 9 day old babies spine :cry: jonno went while they did it thank god. but i was an absolute wreck and was screaming and crying the paediatric ward down :wacko:
all the tests came back clear thank god and the drs arent sure what happened.
she is stilll breathing irregularly . when she was hooked up to the monitors her oxygen levels kept dropping to 85% when she stopped breathing.
they think maybe some mucus on the lungs still but arent sure.

OMG that must have been so scary for you. :hugs:
Hope she's doing better now x

Oh Tiger, how scary! My sister had a hole in her heart as a baby and used to stop breathing. My mum dropped her once in shock (into her cot) and that made her start breathing again!

Jacob has been gaining well. He is getting fussy at the boob though and his latch isn't great. His mouth is tiny!

He has done a couple of lovely stretches of sleep overnight... Last night Ilana was coughing and wailing most of the night though.

Tiger you have been in my thoughts.... I'm so glad you're home now. How did you noiv he had stopped breathing? Mothers instinct is strong thing and you were right to trust it!! Will they be following up with holly? Xoxox

hi tiggertea

elli that's great weight gain, going to get Meg weighed tomorrow she sure feels heavy when she's asleep and I daren't put her down:haha:

tiger :hugs: hope holly is ok when you're back home, that sounds so scary, I'm constantly watching Meg to check she's breathing when she's asleep and in the car I'll sometimes driv with one hand on her chest if I can't hear her breathe. Good for you and your mother's instinct xx

OMG :hugs: tiger, that sounds awful. When I had to go back into hospital with Josh, they wanted to feed him by putting a tube down his nose and I was in tears over that so I can totally imagine how distressing that was for you. I hope Holly is doing better soon. Sending lots of thoughts her way xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->