February Valentines 2012

Hi Tigger!

Glad to hear about the great gain, Elli! :thumbup:

:hugs: Tiger, glad to hear things are better at your house now! How was your first day without OH??

Hope all goes well for you Guppy! :hugs: Will be thinking of you! I'd never remember to cut out my dairy either. I usually drink almond milk because I'm lactose-sensitive, but I would end up eating cheese (LOVE IT) or yogurt or something and never realize, "whoops..." haha.

so turns out we are going to have to get the lip tie clipped too :(
its the worst type- IV.
if we dont it can cause issues with his teeth plus he will have a gum gap between his front two middle teeth..they will laser it...i feel sooo bad :sad1:

Hi Tigger!

Tiger- That is so scary!!! I am happy to hear you are home now and hopefully it was a one time thing.

Guppy- I have never heard of that before. Poor guy...

Aww Guppy. :hugs: I'm so sorry! When is he getting it done? Will be praying. xoxo

Hopefully really soon. Today we called insurance to find ot whats covered. We will have to pay $300 of the $500 bill :( we have to drive to Albany, new york...a four and a half hr trip one way....its the closest ped dentist that does laser lip and tongue tie....virtually no peddentist know anything about lip tie :dohh: ...on the bright side Dr. kotlow is world renowd for the tongue and lip ties. Ppl on the tongue/lip tie support board say he is the best. Many ppl fly in from all over the worldfor his services, so at least he knows his stuff

So bittersweet, but I'm glad you found someone you can at least trust to do it, even if there's cons to the situation. :hugs: Hopefully they can get you in asap!

thanks ladies :hugs:
we seem to be going ok, although she has HUGE blisters on her neck :wacko: they are yellow and quite large. i think its an allergic reaction so i am rewashing ALL her clothes in sensitive skin soap flakes and we bathed her in some salt water.
here are some pics she had taken
View attachment 346538

View attachment 346539

View attachment 346540

ps - sam will be posting in here officially in the next few days i bet :dance: little scarlet is here :happydance:

Yay scarlet has arrived!! Congrats to Samantha

Guppy I'm sorry to hear you have to drive so far.... Not fun with a newborn and toddler! But at least he is the best doctor! :hugs: did you notice both the lip and tongue tie yourself or did your pedi point them out?

AFM- Breastfeeding is getting easier and easier... Thank goodness. I'm glad I have stuck it out so far! Now if only I could sleep in slightly longer stretches.... ;). Kenny gained a bunch more weight again today! He gained another 11oz in just a week and he is now 13oz over his birthweight at 16 days old!! Yay!

Yay scarlet has arrived!! Congrats to Samantha

Guppy I'm sorry to hear you have to drive so far.... Not fun with a newborn and toddler! But at least he is the best doctor! :hugs: did you notice both the lip and tongue tie yourself or did your pedi point them out?

AFM- Breastfeeding is getting easier and easier... Thank goodness. I'm glad I have stuck it out so far! Now if only I could sleep in slightly longer stretches.... ;). Kenny gained a bunch more weight again today! He gained another 11oz in just a week and he is now 13oz over his birthweight at 16 days old!! Yay!

Joker that's awesome. I'm glad for you that you stuck it out and 13oz weight gain is amazing :) You must be reassured that you're doing something right!

Question time ladies! :|

So Aria is going to be 8 weeks on Saturday. Since she was born one month early, the doctors told me to expect that in the beginning, she'd sleep even more than your 'typical' newborn because she was still developing. Alright, that's fine - and she did, for awhile, have very little waking time in a 24-hour period because she was always sleeping.

Now she's almost 2 months old and she still hasn't quite caught on with the differences of night and day. We do a bedtime routine, but it has no effect on how she sleeps that night, lol. Some nights, she'll sleep anywhere from 2-4 hours, wake to be changed and nurse, then sleep again and have lots of waking periods during the day. (She's usually awake somewhere between 6-8 hours - broken up - in a 24-hour period.) Other nights, like last night, she was wide-awake from 3am - 5:30am. When I wake with her at night, I keep it dim and quiet but sometimes, she just is wide-awake and wants to play. lol. And no amount of anything will make her sleep until she's played herself out and everything.

In my mind, as annoying as it sometimes is that my sleep schedule is so wonky, I figure that she is young and simply isn't on a sleep schedule yet, as much as we try. However, I've had a few people make comments to me (IRL, not anywhere online) that she 'should be on a sleep schedule by now' and that 'there's obviously something wrong with her that you can't get a predictable schedule with her.' Thus, I'm now second-guessing myself.

Does anyone else find their LO is still in an erratic sleeping pattern like this? Am I right that she'll eventually sort it as we continue to work with her, or is she really as behind as these people make her out to seem? I have an appointment with her pedi in a week, but I wanted to ask here and see what you ladies have to say because after all these comments, I'm feeling a little insecure and am left wondering if I'm doing something wrong. Thanks!

So Aria is going to be 8 weeks on Saturday. Since she was born one month early, the doctors told me to expect that in the beginning, she'd sleep even more than your 'typical' newborn because she was still developing. Alright, that's fine - and she did, for awhile, have very little waking time in a 24-hour period because she was always sleeping.

Now she's almost 2 months old and she still hasn't quite caught on with the differences of night and day. We do a bedtime routine, but it has no effect on how she sleeps that night, lol. Some nights, she'll sleep anywhere from 2-4 hours, wake to be changed and nurse, then sleep again and have lots of waking periods during the day. (She's usually awake somewhere between 6-8 hours - broken up - in a 24-hour period.) Other nights, like last night, she was wide-awake from 3am - 5:30am. When I wake with her at night, I keep it dim and quiet but sometimes, she just is wide-awake and wants to play. lol. And no amount of anything will make her sleep until she's played herself out and everything.

In my mind, as annoying as it sometimes is that my sleep schedule is so wonky, I figure that she is young and simply isn't on a sleep schedule yet, as much as we try. However, I've had a few people make comments to me (IRL, not anywhere online) that she 'should be on a sleep schedule by now' and that 'there's obviously something wrong with her that you can't get a predictable schedule with her.' Thus, I'm now second-guessing myself.

Does anyone else find their LO is still in an erratic sleeping pattern like this? Am I right that she'll eventually sort it as we continue to work with her, or is she really as behind as these people make her out to seem? I have an appointment with her pedi in a week, but I wanted to ask here and see what you ladies have to say because after all these comments, I'm feeling a little insecure and am left wondering if I'm doing something wrong. Thanks!

There's isn't a wrong when it comes to this stuff, there's just different ways of doing things - you have to go with what works for your baby and your lifestyle. :hugs:

Firstly, I don't know what impact her being premature has on developing a schedule so it might be that she does just need more time. If you think she's ready, you could try to manage her feeding toward a schedule. I have started down that route and (touch wood) I seem to be having some success - but I do think Josh is quite easy going! I started by feeding every 3 hours. If he woke up hungry before 3 hours was up I would feed but, in general, a feed every 3 hours is enough to satisfy him. I've now started trying to extend out the first period in the night so that he goes from 11pm till 3 ish. He doesn't manage it every night but I think we'll get there.

Honestly, I don't think there's right and wrong but there are lots of books out there with different suggestions if you want to try something different. I hope you find something that works for you xx

Gutted my milk has slowed so much i havent got enough to feed corbyn at all.. I still put him to the breast to try encourage my milk and i try expressing too.

Im going to stop stressing about it all he has had breast milk for a month and i have done my best.

Sorry I haven't been around much corbyn has decided not to nap in the day, so we are having lots of fun on the floor and lots of cuddles.

God i love being a mummy xx

There's isn't a wrong when it comes to this stuff, there's just different ways of doing things - you have to go with what works for your baby and your lifestyle. :hugs:

Firstly, I don't know what impact her being premature has on developing a schedule so it might be that she does just need more time. If you think she's ready, you could try to manage her feeding toward a schedule. I have started down that route and (touch wood) I seem to be having some success - but I do think Josh is quite easy going! I started by feeding every 3 hours. If he woke up hungry before 3 hours was up I would feed but, in general, a feed every 3 hours is enough to satisfy him. I've now started trying to extend out the first period in the night so that he goes from 11pm till 3 ish. He doesn't manage it every night but I think we'll get there.

Honestly, I don't think there's right and wrong but there are lots of books out there with different suggestions if you want to try something different. I hope you find something that works for you xx

Stupid question, but how do you keep him from wanting to be awake at night, then? Like, that's the biggest issue I have. For example - she was wide-awake from 3am to 5:30am last night. It's now 4:25pm and other than brief wakings to nurse and be changed, she hasn't been wide-awake and playful. I've tried and tried to keep her awake to, with no avail, trust me. I've tried everything and she would whimper and then zonk out anyway. So obviously, she's tired. My fear is that this means tonight, she'll be awake from 2am-7am or some ungodly phase like the last time she did this lol.

My biggest "issue" I guess - or criticism from my neighbor - is that Aria doesn't always sleep at night. She tends to go in a cycle of a few great nights and then two nights of wanting to play during nighttime and then sleeping during the day. My neighbor says that I'm "doing it all wrong" but won't tell me how to "fix" this issue - just basically telling me I'm screwing myself by letting her want to be awake at night. I figured that since Aria's only 2 months old, it was just a little early to expect her to get it down pat, but maybe I'm wrong? I just feel so inadequate right now, thanks to this tirade she went on with me. I've tried keeping her awake all day and she just doesn't want to be awake, she wants to sleep. :| What am I doing wrong?

Sorry, I'm not trying to sound completely whiny, I'm just upset. My neighbor was a complete cow about the whole thing and I just feel so... lost.

Stupid question, but how do you keep him from wanting to be awake at night, then? Like, that's the biggest issue I have. For example - she was wide-awake from 3am to 5:30am last night. It's now 4:25pm and other than brief wakings to nurse and be changed, she hasn't been wide-awake and playful. I've tried and tried to keep her awake to, with no avail, trust me. I've tried everything and she would whimper and then zonk out anyway. So obviously, she's tired. My fear is that this means tonight, she'll be awake from 2am-7am or some ungodly phase like the last time she did this lol.

My biggest "issue" I guess - or criticism from my neighbor - is that Aria doesn't always sleep at night. She tends to go in a cycle of a few great nights and then two nights of wanting to play during nighttime and then sleeping during the day. My neighbor says that I'm "doing it all wrong" but won't tell me how to "fix" this issue - just basically telling me I'm screwing myself by letting her want to be awake at night. I figured that since Aria's only 2 months old, it was just a little early to expect her to get it down pat, but maybe I'm wrong? I just feel so inadequate right now, thanks to this tirade she went on with me. I've tried keeping her awake all day and she just doesn't want to be awake, she wants to sleep. :| What am I doing wrong?

Sorry, I'm not trying to sound completely whiny, I'm just upset. My neighbor was a complete cow about the whole thing and I just feel so... lost.

What a biznatch of a neighbor!! I have tried keeping Mallory awake during the day...it isnt going to happen if she really is tired. I can clap, bounce around, talk loudly...she'll still be snoozing within minutes. She sounds a lot like Aria. A few good nights, then a few horrible nights. One night she slept 4.5hrs, up and fed, back in bed within an hour, and slept another 3.5 hours. I felt like a million bucks the next day. The following night, she was up 4.5 hours, really happy, and just wanting to stare at her mommy and "talk" to me. My mom and MIL both said she'll figure it out. I have friends that swear by all different methods, but I think she'll fall into a routine.

You're doing great with Aria, my pediatrician said don't expect any kind of schedule in the first couple months. I'm going off that, then I'm not upset with myself for not having her in a routine yet. :)

I bet little miss Aria will get things straightened around soon!

Thanks love!! I talked to my sister who said that by 4 months she will very likely have settled herself just fine. So we are sticking to a bedtime routine and letting it fall into place for now. I'm not returning to work and I personally have no issue with things as they are. So I will ride it out and see how the next two months go. :)

How is Mallory doing???

mumanddad-have you tried things like fenugreek, and milky cookies etc ?
im glad you are enjoying being a mum so much !
i feel really bad most of the time because i hardly get to spend any time with jesse playing. im always holding holly :(

There are tons of herbs to take to help with milk supply!
The mothers guide to making more milk is a fabulous book! (and wicked cheap on amazon ;))

Fenugreek is usually the "go-to" herb, but do caution, if you have a thyroid condition of any kind, it is contraindicated...i found out the hard way :dohh:

Mothers milk tea,blessed thistle, alfalfa,and goats rue are all awesome herbs too :)

Tiger, im feeling guilty as well :( poor isaiah...i think im more bothered by it than he is but it makes me feel bad when i an pick him up or play with him bc im nursing elliot or whatever....guess i should bust out the moby wrap.

Tiger- I love the pictures!! She is beautiful!! I am getting my pictures done of Mason on Monday.

Swan- I really dont know if there is any sleep patten at 2 months. All i know is Mason seems to get into a patten for a couple nights then it gets thrown off again. I would say that around 4 months is a better time for them to be getting into a patten. I wouldn't listen to what everyone else is saying. Every child develops differently and not everyone will be the same (just like them developing in the womb). Aria will get it in time.... :)

Thanks love!! I talked to my sister who said that by 4 months she will very likely have settled herself just fine. So we are sticking to a bedtime routine and letting it fall into place for now. I'm not returning to work and I personally have no issue with things as they are. So I will ride it out and see how the next two months go. :)

How is Mallory doing???

She is doing well. She weighed 7lbs 10oz yesterday, so I bet she will be over 8lbs when turns 1 month old on Sunday. That makes me so happy! Granted we are still supplementing formula, but in a day, I bet she gets 6oz, and that includes night feeds. She usually eats 4oz in a feeding, and eats 6-8 times a day. I'm bummed that I have to supplement, but I'm not making enough to be able to pump and feed her that. I have only put 14oz in the freezer in a month! :(

She has developed a bit of a cold, and I feel awful every time I hear her sniffle and sneeze and it sounds all stuffy!

Is bath time torture for anyone else? She hates it! Next question, how often do you all bathe your little ones?

Here is a pic after bath time tonight. She didn't cry as hard as usual, and was so happy to be out of her tub!

Attachments

• bathtime.JPG
    bathtime.JPG
    15.5 KB · Views: 2
Personally, i dont waste my time on trying to schedule feeds or sleep with a baby younger than 4 months...i have found it more a challenge that never really worked, but to each their own :flower: obviosuly everyone has their own liitle thing and each should do as they see fit :D but just dint explect any miracles at this age. Ad if one does happen, you are blessed indeed lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->