February Valentines 2012

i agree with guppy on the schedules !
im not even going to try and bother with holly as when i tried with jesse at this age, i think it did more harm than good. :haha:

:haha: yeah, def lots of waisted time. With isaiah lol.
Plsu once o started following his naturak ques, life got much easier. No resistance = easier life!

I wrote a reply and it got moderated as I mentioned an author :shrug:

I think everyone is right - you can only do what works for you and your baby. If people are giving you unhelpful criticism, ignore them. They don't know you or your baby like you do. Lots of people say that you can't expect a baby under 12 weeks to settle to any kind of routine and Aria was premature on top of that so don't feel you have to force her into anything.

I don't know if any of this will work but to try to get Aria awake more in the day, you could try 1) keeping her awake a few minutes extra between each sleep (it would take a while to make a big difference though), 2) keep lights low and minimum eye contact when you do night feeds, 3) see if you can get her to have 6 feeds in the day to make her less likely to need to wake at night.

Good luck with it all. xx

Sorry if you mentioned this, but do you cosleep? I know it can be different for teveryone, but i must admit, w both my boys, when we cosleept, we all slept better

We do cosleep. :) We bedshare at the moment, actually, for the most part. Aria just really seems to have her nights and days changed up sometimes. When she's asleep, we all sleep really well - but when she decides she wants to be awake for 2 hours or more in the middle of the night, well, she and I have playtime elsewhere.

When I change and feed her in the middle of the night, the only light is the nightlight so I can see to change her without like, missing a leg in a diaper hole or something. :rofl: It is as dark as possible, and completely silent. Doesn't matter - if she decides it's playtime she'll stare around in the dark and then cry because it scares her. LOL. I think her brain's just on an alternate schedule.

I was pretty upset and emotional after the nasties my neighbor said, but after talking to OH about it and calling my sister, they both reassured me that I need to just ignore her and continue. It's tiresome, sure, but if it's causing no ill effects on anyone, we need to just let her continue as she has been and she'll figure it out in time. That was my intention all along until the neighbor made comments. :| I get so insecure sometimes, especially when people throw their know-it-all attitude in my face. But the more I thought about it last night, any schedule would just cause stress, you're completely right. I won't be returning to work, so it's not as though I need to start preparing her for when mommy leaves at 7am. :shrug: And my sister swore that within the next two months, she'll start getting the hang of it.

So I keep the house as bright as possible during the day, keep it as dim and quiet in the evening as I can, and am letting her take the lead. I need to learn to just ignore people and their big mouths sometimes.

I also am keeping a diary of when she wakes and for how long, so I can see if there's any pattern to it that there may be something I'm missing in terms of what may be throwing her, if anything. I mean, I'm here with her, I have nothing better to do. ;)

And re: feeds during the day, she has at least ... 8 if not more between the hours of 7am and 11pm. When she's awake, she'll nurse every hour or so - I think more for comfort but I let her do it since she indicates with gestures that she wants to be fed. Then it's 2-3 hours of naps before waking to be fed again. So she's definitely eating enough during the day, and still wants to eat a lot at night. :lol: Which is fine, she needs to eat, so we're going with it.

I just really let my neighbor take a hit at my confidence, and I regret it now because I was crying about it yesterday until OH got home and made me feel better. Today's been a much better day. :)

On a random sidenote, I love the Moby and use it nonstop now, but am still trying to master eating when she's in it. Since she's on my front, I'm always afraid I'm going to drop something on her. :rofl: Thus far, we've been incident-free but I'm waiting for it to happen.

ANYWAY. Thanks for the insight ladies. :hugs: I truly appreciate it. I shouldn't let people shake me, especially 60-year-old women who seem to want to nitpick everything I do (share-sleeping, SAHMing, etc). :shrug: Guess she needs a hobby but it isn't going to be getting under my skin anymore! :thumbup:

elli - if the author has initials GF she's not-to-be-named as she's supposed to be a bit controversial? No idea personally as I've never read her books but that's what I've been told!

Swan- i think your plan sounds good :friends:
Dont let others belittle you. I think youre doung a great job. Things will def get easier in the next month or two :hugs:

Elliot is booked for a consultation and laser revision on Tuesday for his tngue and lip tie. Hoping its as painless as possible :sad1: hopefully the weather is good for the 4 hr ride! We also hired an LC, who is an hr from here - in Concord. We r going to meet up w here after the revisions on tuesday. Bfing w revisions can be tough, initially, so its imparative we get the BFing support.

Thanks Guppy. :hugs: she knocked today and I ignored it lol.

Aww good luck next week!! Will be praying all goes well :)

Swan, don't let anyone tell you that you are doing anything wrong! You cannot go wrong with schedules right now (they have all of the power in their little hands and tummies). Most of the time Adelina tries to be up from about 1030pm to 1130pm-12am, but the last few nights her belly has been hurting her so she has been changing her schedule up. You say she is older, so she is just stuck in the past! :haha:

We bedshare and it helps Adelina sleep great. She does great if she is laying by herself somewhere too, but I have learned she sleeps sooooo much better when she can cuddle.

WOW... Mason just finished one of the biggest cluster feeds yet!!! I had to give the bottled BM as well as breast because it was just not enough for him!!! He just finally went to sleep!! That was crazy! Hopefully he wont wake up again for a while.

Swan- You are doing great and dont listen to them!! Everyone has different ways of doing things. I was just talking to one of my friends today about this, some people go by a schedule with feeding and some people just go by queue from the baby and i don't believe either way is wrong. It's what works for you and your little one.

Hi Girls :flower: No time/or energy to read back

But, can I join your club! :baby::cloud9:

My 4th csection was a complicated one, firstly the spinal took ages to get right & I had shooting pains to my foot which scared the hell out of me!

Then they opened me up & found that my uterus was already open, my old scar had split inside me & the only thing holding LO in was her amniotic sac! :shock: My bladder was also 'stuck' to my old scar tissue!......Obviously they didnt tell me until after the op, but I knew something was wrong, as it took sooooo long

Im in alot of pain (my worst csection of them all) & I am suffering with spinal headaches/visual disturbances & numbess :cry:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

But the fantastic news is.....

We are very happy to announce the safe arrival of

Oceana

Born Friday 24th February 2012 at 14.12

Weighing 9lbs 2oz

:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

YAYYYYYY congrats Kelly!! :hugs:

I am so sorry to hear things were so difficult for you but I am glad you are oookay!! Rest up and take care but welcome back!! xoxo I will update the op in the morning from my computer. :)

Congrats Kelly! Hope you recover soon.

Does anyone here have much experience with colic / gassyness / acid reflux? Josh has been a gassy baby since he was born but the last 24 hours have been really difficult. Anytime you lay him flat within about 10 minutes of feeding, most of the milk comes back up. So we've been on this horrible cycle where he'll bf for 5 minutes and need holding upright for 10, then another 5 minutes....rinse and repeat about 6 times. He also seems really grizzly and uncomfortable if you lay him down so he spends ages awake, making himself really tired. Is this normal? Does anyone have any tips?

Failing that, coffee? :coffee:

Congrats Kelly! Hope you recover soon.

Does anyone here have much experience with colic / gassyness / acid reflux? Josh has been a gassy baby since he was born but the last 24 hours have been really difficult. Anytime you lay him flat within about 10 minutes of feeding, most of the milk comes back up. So we've been on this horrible cycle where he'll bf for 5 minutes and need holding upright for 10, then another 5 minutes....rinse and repeat about 6 times. He also seems really grizzly and uncomfortable if you lay him down so he spends ages awake, making himself really tired. Is this normal? Does anyone have any tips?

Failing that, coffee? :coffee:

My DD suffered really bad with silent reflux ~ Its awful :hugs:

Keep the bed propped up (I used 'bed blocks' but you can use books etc)

Keep as upright as possible at feed time, when I started bottle feeding DD, I used to sit her in her bouncy chair

There is a great thread on here all about reflux :flower:

Kelly have they made sure you have no fluid around your spine?

I get numbness is the tops of my legs since the c section.

Elli have you tried infacol?

I use this before every feed now because corbyn really struggles with wind (both ends) and is now struggling to poo which this stuff can help with. I also have a folded towel under the mattress to keep him propped up.

Doctor did tell me to keep him up right for half an hour after his feeds as well to give his milk time to go down.

Kelly have they made sure you have no fluid around your spine?

I get numbness is the tops of my legs since the c section.

No, they havent :nope: I was in the emergency department yesterday too

If there is fluid around your spine this could be causinf you the headaches and it needs to be drained, there was a ladie on here that had a similar problem.

It might be a question to ask your hv or mw. X

Kenny has conjunctivitis :( yellowish greenish pus comes out of his eyes :( I have ointment to put in his eyes but he sure can clench then shut right!! Lol I can barely get it in his eyes at all!! I hope he gets better soon :(

So as for sleeping in the night.... I had been trying to wake Kenny every 2.5 hour during the day to eat in hopes he would fill up over the day and not be as hungry at night, but that just seemed to train his stomach to eat every 2.5 hours including at night. So the past days I have been totally trusting him to tell me when he wants ti eat, day and night. If he wants to do a 4 hour stretch during the day I let him and he seemed so much happier and slept better at night!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->