February Valentines 2012

Aria started on bottles so she thankfully takes both too. We are almost completely weaned from the shield! We only use it mostly to save my poor nipples because they are still adjusting. I think by next weekend we will be golden! :happydance:

That's great news swan, go Aria. Welcome night and Aubrey

Congrats to all the feb mummies, hopefully i ll be on the list next week !!

Hi Ladies

I hope you are all well and loving motherhood as much as I am.

It came as quite a shock when Alaina arrived at 36 weeks on 13th of January instead of the 9th of February which is the date that my doc estimated based on my LMP. I was a bit dissapointed that I had to have a caesarean section instead of the natural birth that I was so set on. But that was what was best for my baby and I had to be okay with it. Alaina was quite tiny when she was born but by God's grace she did not have to be in NNICU and came home with me after 3 days in the hospital.

She is doing great now and growing so quickly. She could not latch on properly when she was born so I had to use a nipple shield and still top up with some formula. I am now breastfeeding exclusively and working very hard at using the shield as little as possible. We are getting there...slowly :)

I'm so happy to still have you all on here to grow this this amazing journey with. :hugs:

Here's a pic of my beautiful Alaina :cloud9:

Attachments

• Lynn's iPhone Photos 462.jpg
    Lynn's iPhone Photos 462.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 0
Aww she is beautiful!! We are still shield weaning too - slow but steady lol. I'm glad your little girl is doing well (and you too)!

shes beautiful :cloud9: cant wait to have my little girl

Thank u so much ladies. I'm so crazy about this little girl. She has brought so much joy into our lives. On the 18th of this month my Hubby and I will be married for 7 years and Alaina is our first baby so I'm sure you'll understand why she is so special to us:cloud9:

shes beautiful. babies bring such a joy to a relationship that no one would understand unless they experience it :cloud9:

Yayyy it's been 2 days since we last used the shield :happydance:. Alaina is latching on nicely. Only problem is my one nipple is so sore it feels like it's going to fall off:haha:

Yayyy it's been 2 days since we last used the shield :happydance:. Alaina is latching on nicely. Only problem is my one nipple is so sore it feels like it's going to fall off:haha:

Do they sell lanisoh where you live, it is worth its weight in gold a million times over :thumbup:

Took the liberty of doing a google for you...Hope it helps??

https://www.lansinohafrica.com/

Thank you so much ladies. I did type in my original message that I am using Lansinoh and was hoping that would work but it seems to have disappeared off my message lol. The lansinoh is definitely helping. It's been 3 days and still no shield :)

Ugh, I have the world's worst headache and have felt nauseous since last night. Plus Aria didn't sleep from 1:45-4 last night (decided she much preferred being awake lol) so I'm dragging... zzz... wish hubby could come home from work to help me out, but he can't... AND he works tonight too.

Sorry, I'm having a pout-fest. I'm done, promise. :)

Aww hun corbyn is going through a stage of not sleeping too.

He got weighed today, he has gained half an ounce xx

She is a lot more alert which I love but she almost always has an alert time in the middle of the night and it'll last for 2-3 hours. Killer!! lol

Ugh, I have the world's worst headache and have felt nauseous since last night. Plus Aria didn't sleep from 1:45-4 last night (decided she much preferred being awake lol) so I'm dragging... zzz... wish hubby could come home from work to help me out, but he can't... AND he works tonight too.

Sorry, I'm having a pout-fest. I'm done, promise. :)

:hugs: Hope you feel better soon, its hard to care for a baby when you feel rough :hug:

She is a lot more alert which I love but she almost always has an alert time in the middle of the night and it'll last for 2-3 hours. Killer!! lol

lol I'm feling this- Meghan decided 3am was quite a suitable time to wake up for the day!! luckily as we are co-sleeping I managed to doze until 6 but everytime I looked she was awake and feeding or gurgling to herself :wacko: Her jaundice has totally gone now and she's so alert, awake for 2-3 hours at a time.

Luckily OH has finished work so is about now for the weekend and the car still sends her to sleep so the combination of driving somewhere then putting her in the sling has helped us to do the supermarket shopping and go into town for a coffee with my friend and she slept through both trips :thumbup:

Hows everyone doing?:hugs::hugs: I'm flitting between being really happy and loving spending time with her to feeling really overwhelmed, usually by the evening when she's ben awake for hours and is getting ratty and overtired.

Hows everyone doing?:hugs::hugs: I'm flitting between being really happy and loving spending time with her to feeling really overwhelmed, usually by the evening when she's ben awake for hours and is getting ratty and overtired.
:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"