Felt like giving up, Got new hope!!

Hey ladies,
I love hearing from you all ! It is so exciting :) I am around cd 9 right now, but i think we are going to start bd'ing tonight ! going to try extra hard this month to really focus on the days that i could possibly have my "o". I will probably start my opk on friday or saturday because it seems the last couple of months I haven't been that early.
While I had AF my stomach felt funny but I figured I was just bloated but now it's over and I just feel soooo fat still. If I had any other symptoms then I would take a hpt ! (even though I did have af).. I probably do need to cut down on the sweets anyways but it is just an odd feeling, I feel like I look different (but I don't think I actually do) cause it feels like i've gained 20 pounds there. Could still just be another side effect from stopping my bcp (or I seriously might just need to lay off the summer food, haah)

Farmers Wife - Good luck to you !!!! Let me know how your opk's go, hopefully we can get them to work haha. I never thought about ordering the pre seed online, that is a good idea.

Mrs Dragonfly - How are you doing this month ? What CD are you on ?? Sending tons of baby dust your way as well :)

Ugh, I'm with you on the backing off the sweets, I have a MAJOR sweet tooth lol.

I'm CD14 today and started using OPKs on Monday, so far no positives of course but still kind of exciting to be using them! Thank you for the dusties, I'm praying that all three of us can get our bfp's and be bump buddies!!:hugs:

I think my boobs deflated. Haha. Last cycle I was totally convinced I was pregnant and even DH thought my breasts were fuller looking, my bra didn't fit the same. But af showed and all those preggo symptoms went away and I think my boobs went with them, they just seem less full now.:shrug: DH says it's my imagination.

Lol, I can totally understand!! After a few months of trying with no success, tried using opk. With the first set of opk I got nothing so was totally gutted!! Did all my google research again and thought I would try a different brand. Started using the new brand of opk and when I got my first smiley face, I couldn't stop crying!!! Just another way to confuse my hubbie lol!!

Have to say though every time I see that smiley face I do a little dance and then down to business.

Hoping u have a different reason to dance at the end of the month!! All the best of luck x

CD5 today for me.. Going to BD every other day from here on out! Did someone mention sweeets? nom nom nom. hahaha so horrible! OPKS are tricky little suckers, but well worth it. Hope u get it figured out!!

Lets all get our BFP's this month ladys!!

Today I had a crappy day... tears and all :( I made a separate thread if you ladies are interested in hearing about my rude classmate.

Have to say though every time I see that smiley face I do a little dance and then down to business.

Haha, love it!:haha:

CD5 today for me.. Going to BD every other day from here on out! Did someone mention sweeets? nom nom nom. hahaha so horrible! OPKS are tricky little suckers, but well worth it. Hope u get it figured out!!

Today I had a crappy day... tears and all :( I made a separate thread if you ladies are interested in hearing about my rude classmate.

Sorry you had a crappy day!! I hope that today is a better one FarmersWife:hugs:

Today I'm feeling so discouraged with OPKs, and it feels silly to be feeling like this so shortly after using them. So I think we're going to BD every other/couple of days just to be safe in case I can't get them right before it's too late!

Haha, love it!:haha:

Sorry you had a crappy day!! I hope that today is a better one FarmersWife:hugs:

Today I'm feeling so discouraged with OPKs, and it feels silly to be feeling like this so shortly after using them. So I think we're going to BD every other/couple of days just to be safe in case I can't get them right before it's too late!

Don't worry! You will get a hang of them and get your positive! DH &I are going to BD at least every other day this cycle. FINGERS CROSSED

Don't worry! You will get a hang of them and get your positive! DH &I are going to BD at least every other day this cycle. FINGERS CROSSED

Thank you FarmersWife, trying to stay positive.

Even my toes are crossed for this cycle :) hehe

Thank you FarmersWife, trying to stay positive.

Even my toes are crossed for this cycle :) hehe

Mine too!! I saw we are testing around basically the same time. So its good to be in it together! Im praying August will be our BFP. I read my horoscope and pretty much believe in it haha. Its been saying some crazy things about the future!:happydance: August will be my birthday, so that would be great.And its our 5th cycle TTC, and 5 is my familys "lucky" number. We shall see!!

Ok so Im basically sure I have asked you this more than once maybe. What cycle number are you on TTC? I apologize if Ive already asked :wacko:

Mine too!! I saw we are testing around basically the same time. So its good to be in it together! Im praying August will be our BFP. I read my horoscope and pretty much believe in it haha. Its been saying some crazy things about the future!:happydance: August will be my birthday, so that would be great.And its our 5th cycle TTC, and 5 is my familys "lucky" number. We shall see!!

Ok so Im basically sure I have asked you this more than once maybe. What cycle number are you on TTC? I apologize if Ive already asked :wacko:

I would be so happy to have us both get bfp's in August!! Awesome that your horoscopes are sounding pretty positive! I used to read them daily, but then I felt like I was going crazy haha so I stopped. Maybe I should pick them back up again hehe.

Oh gosh, I hope my body doesn't go by lucky numbers! Mine is 22 lol, that's far too many.

Don't believe you have asked, and if you have, I've forgotten!:haha: We're only on cycle 3 so I feel a bit of guilt about spazzing all the time about things. Ugh, MIL apparently approached the "ttc talk" with DH - nightmare alert. And of course he had to tell her we've already been trying :dohh: so she pointed out how long I was on birth control so my cycles will be out of control for a year or more. Made me a little grouchy... love her anyways though. Most of the time:winkwink:

Hi ladies ! Nice to see I'm not the only one freaking out about the opk's, haha. I haven't tried mine yet because I am only on CD11 or 12 and it doesn't even recommend me to start trying until cd 14 because my cycles are a bit longer... Buttt I have a feeling I may try them soon. But we bd'ed on the 10th and hopefully will again tonight ! I am going to aim for every second day, what about you ladies ?
I am soooo hopeful for august for some odd reason. My mom even said she has "vibes" that it is going to happen soon and normally she is always right about stuff like that, so I am taking it as a good sign (but do not want to get my hopes up).. When we first started trying she said she didn't expect it to happen until christmas, so in the back of my mind I just assumed it probably wasn't possible- haha!

But we are only early in the ttc journey so I have to try to calm myself down and realize that it can take some more time..... But I hope not.... Haha

FarmersWife - My birthday is in august too !!!! So that would make a bfp extra special. Mine is the 17th, when is yours ?

Hopefully we get some positive opk's soon, that way we can feel extra confident about this cycle !!!!!
Can't wait to hear from you all soon :) Have a good weekend (full of extra bd'ing, haha)

Hi ladies ! Nice to see I'm not the only one freaking out about the opk's, haha. I haven't tried mine yet because I am only on CD11 or 12 and it doesn't even recommend me to start trying until cd 14 because my cycles are a bit longer... Buttt I have a feeling I may try them soon. But we bd'ed on the 10th and hopefully will again tonight ! I am going to aim for every second day, what about you ladies ?
I am soooo hopeful for august for some odd reason. My mom even said she has "vibes" that it is going to happen soon and normally she is always right about stuff like that, so I am taking it as a good sign (but do not want to get my hopes up).. When we first started trying she said she didn't expect it to happen until christmas, so in the back of my mind I just assumed it probably wasn't possible- haha!

But we are only early in the ttc journey so I have to try to calm myself down and realize that it can take some more time..... But I hope not.... Haha

FarmersWife - My birthday is in august too !!!! So that would make a bfp extra special. Mine is the 17th, when is yours ?

Hopefully we get some positive opk's soon, that way we can feel extra confident about this cycle !!!!!
Can't wait to hear from you all soon :) Have a good weekend (full of extra bd'ing, haha)

I started mine earlier than the tests suggested because I feel like my cycles are so wacky I just wanted to be sure. Every second day sounds like a good plan!:thumbup: As of right now we're going every other day or having 2 days in between just to be sure we catch O time, whenever it happens!

That's sweet that your mom has good vibes! I too am super hopeful about August. At the very least, I hope we're all pregnant before Christmas. I'm so desperate for Santa photos with a baby bump!! (Even if it's a little one)

I would be so happy to have us both get bfp's in August!! Awesome that your horoscopes are sounding pretty positive! I used to read them daily, but then I felt like I was going crazy haha so I stopped. Maybe I should pick them back up again hehe.

Oh gosh, I hope my body doesn't go by lucky numbers! Mine is 22 lol, that's far too many.

Don't believe you have asked, and if you have, I've forgotten!:haha: We're only on cycle 3 so I feel a bit of guilt about spazzing all the time about things. Ugh, MIL apparently approached the "ttc talk" with DH - nightmare alert. And of course he had to tell her we've already been trying :dohh: so she pointed out how long I was on birth control so my cycles will be out of control for a year or more. Made me a little grouchy... love her anyways though. Most of the time:winkwink:

Okay now I don't feel sooo bad for asking haha! My MIL has mentioned stuff too as they have 2 grandsons.. shes said hopefully someone gives me a granddaughter looks our way lol. Yes Id love to!! I was ony BCP for 6 years before coming off them! Now Im just kicking myself in the ass over it! Ugh

However.. since coming off my cycles have been regular. So that's a plus.. but before going on BCP they also were, so maybe that's why?

And oh my lanta.. If it doesn't happen by Christmas Mr.Stork is in huge trouble LOL.

It is kind of tricky to figure out when to start testing. Last cycle I got a positive on CD16. So I think on CD10 I Will start.. I honestly think CD16 is a little late for me :wacko: my last day of the cycle was CD27. So idk.. But once you get a positive OV test the first time, it helps to know when to test the next round.

Whoho To birthdays!! Mine is on the 25th :D

Okay now I don't feel sooo bad for asking haha! My MIL has mentioned stuff too as they have 2 grandsons.. shes said hopefully someone gives me a granddaughter looks our way lol. Yes Id love to!! I was ony BCP for 6 years before coming off them! Now Im just kicking myself in the ass over it! Ugh

However.. since coming off my cycles have been regular. So that's a plus.. but before going on BCP they also were, so maybe that's why?

And oh my lanta.. If it doesn't happen by Christmas Mr.Stork is in huge trouble LOL.

FH's grandmother on his Mom's side gave me a stork puppet, I don't know what to do with it...:wacko:

I was on bcp for 10 years and I seriously kick myself in the butt for it. Although thank goodness that I didn't get pregnant those 10 years, but any time now would be fabulous. *ahem Mr. Stork* I have friends who have alarms set on their phone to take their pill at the EXACT same time every day - talk about cautious! I was never that careful haha.

Mine have always been irregular, bcp helped with that. Now I'm back to wacky cycles. At least I'm sticking in the same range of 35-37 days *knock on wood*

FH's grandmother on his Mom's side gave me a stork puppet, I don't know what to do with it...:wacko:

I was on bcp for 10 years and I seriously kick myself in the butt for it. Although thank goodness that I didn't get pregnant those 10 years, but any time now would be fabulous. *ahem Mr. Stork* I have friends who have alarms set on their phone to take their pill at the EXACT same time every day - talk about cautious! I was never that careful haha.

Mine have always been irregular, bcp helped with that. Now I'm back to wacky cycles. At least I'm sticking in the same range of 35-37 days *knock on wood*

A stork puppet? Oh my goodness! Well atleast you know that when it does happen the family will be very excited as well!

I agree I am happy I didn't get pregnant all those years either. I just hope being on it so long doesn't really hurt either of our chances. I was only on the pill and from what I heard its not as bad as the injection, as far as how long itll take to get a BFP. But.. who knows.

Ill knock on wood for you too! Everyone says ohh just don't think about TTC and itll happen blahhh. Really? Because If I don't think about it then.. how wil I know when Im ovulating? I think it would take longer not. But atleast this cycle Im trying not to "stress".

A stork puppet? Oh my goodness! Well atleast you know that when it does happen the family will be very excited as well!

I agree I am happy I didn't get pregnant all those years either. I just hope being on it so long doesn't really hurt either of our chances. I was only on the pill and from what I heard its not as bad as the injection, as far as how long itll take to get a BFP. But.. who knows.

Ill knock on wood for you too! Everyone says ohh just don't think about TTC and itll happen blahhh. Really? Because If I don't think about it then.. how wil I know when Im ovulating? I think it would take longer not. But atleast this cycle Im trying not to "stress".

Yeah! She got it to attached to my bridal shower gift but decided it wasn't appropriate, so she gave it to me when we went to visit them sometime after. She was like "someone told me I'll be having a great grandchild in the future!" I hope it happens sooner than later!!

Gosh, I've heard a lot of bad things about the injection it always made me nervous about it. DH now wishes I had been off the pill sooner since I only stopped in December, so 6 months before the wedding.

Those people irritated the crap out of me!:growlmad: Most people I know who said it had kids accidentally, or had kids ages ago and probably don't remember the ttc journey.

Yeah! She got it to attached to my bridal shower gift but decided it wasn't appropriate, so she gave it to me when we went to visit them sometime after. She was like "someone told me I'll be having a great grandchild in the future!" I hope it happens sooner than later!!

Gosh, I've heard a lot of bad things about the injection it always made me nervous about it. DH now wishes I had been off the pill sooner since I only stopped in December, so 6 months before the wedding.

Those people irritated the crap out of me!:growlmad: Most people I know who said it had kids accidentally, or had kids ages ago and probably don't remember the ttc journey.

That's good that she didn't get it to you infront of everyone. I wish I would of gotten off sooner too. DH & I got married in March, and also started TTC then.

I have a friend who has a beautiful baby girl, however it was not planned. She always tell me ohhh just relax and have fun that's what we did! Yes.. and you also weren't TTC, it happened on accident so obviously you were relaxed and having fun. Ughhh they just don't get it.

That's good that she didn't get it to you infront of everyone. I wish I would of gotten off sooner too. DH & I got married in March, and also started TTC then.

I have a friend who has a beautiful baby girl, however it was not planned. She always tell me ohhh just relax and have fun that's what we did! Yes.. and you also weren't TTC, it happened on accident so obviously you were relaxed and having fun. Ughhh they just don't get it.

There's only a few friends I told that we're ttc, but that's about it. I know I confided in my best friend that it's taking longer than we expected. But she's anti having her own children and just wants to spoil her friends kids so she doesn't quite get it either...

Hey ladies, how is everyone doing ?
I have a quick opk question !! I posted it in another thread as well but maybe you ladies may know..

I bought the clear blue digital tests for this month because they seem like they would be easier to read, but I had some of the first response ones left from last month so I am starting off with them.
I don't expect to "o" until next week, but I wanted to start testing today just to be sure I don't miss it.

Here is my question:
I know it is not positive until the line is darker than the other one, but if you do have a line does this mean that you are getting close to "o"? Will the line keep showing up (and maybe get darker) until you reach your "o", or will there be a slight line at times during the month even if your o is over ????

We seem to all be pretty new to opk's but i'd appreciate any insight :)
Thanks and baby dust !!

Hey ladies, how is everyone doing ?
I have a quick opk question !! I posted it in another thread as well but maybe you ladies may know..

I bought the clear blue digital tests for this month because they seem like they would be easier to read, but I had some of the first response ones left from last month so I am starting off with them.
I don't expect to "o" until next week, but I wanted to start testing today just to be sure I don't miss it.

Here is my question:
I know it is not positive until the line is darker than the other one, but if you do have a line does this mean that you are getting close to "o"? Will the line keep showing up (and maybe get darker) until you reach your "o", or will there be a slight line at times during the month even if your o is over ????

We seem to all be pretty new to opk's but i'd appreciate any insight :)
Thanks and baby dust !!

For me there wasn't a line yesterday, so it makes me wonder if there is a line that means you're close? I'm feeling a bit confused and uncertain myself though so I'm not much help, sorry!

Good idea on using a better test when you're for sure closer though:thumbup:

I am also confused by Opk strip tests. This is my first cycle of testing and Ive been testing since Af left. Generally and ive been getting a dark control line, but nothing more. But on CD10 the 2nd line was dark (not darker than the control line though) so assumed maybe i was on the verge of ovulating. Next day just a dark control line. Today is CD13 and the same thing happened, dark control line with a dark 2nd line, but not darker than control line. What does it mean, if anything?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"