Felt like giving up, Got new hope!!

That's what we have been doing so far this cycle, every other day. With this being the 5th cycle I just had to use OPKS. But wasn't going to stress this cycle!! Which is really hard to do. But I feel like either way.. OPK or not if you are BDing every other day the whole cycle, theres not awhole bunch more you can really do. I think this will be your cycle tho!!!!

:dust:

You are so kind! I pray that this will be both of our cycles:flower: Especially with your positive OPK!

Hi there,
FarmersWife - Congrats on your positive !!!! That is awesome, definitely a positive for sure !!! Still no luck for me yet :( Today is cd17, but my cycles have been longer so I guess that means I have to wait longer. You are so lucky you got it already !!!! Get busy !!!!! Haha
& Dragonfly - I may end up with your approach this month because my first month of opk's is really stressing me ! I enjoy testing everyday and it keeps me excited, but since I haven't experienced the joys of a positive yet I am starting to get discouraged ! I think I should definitely have one time Saturday night though.. How is your month going ? How often do you guys bd ? I am trying to as much as often around this time when I expect my o anyways.
Baby dust to all !!!!!! Hope August has some good news for us :)

Ladies: Yesterday when I got my positive OPK we did BD. This morning before work my 2nd urine of the day I took another test and it was still positive. After work today I took another and it is now negative...

So.. That being said, does it mean I did Ovulated sometime this afternoon? Would it still up our chances if we BD right away tonight when DH gets home to? OR is it too late once the egg is released?

I thought.. As long as it is still the SAME day as ovulation, the sperm can meet the egg that was released that day? Or am I Wrong?

Thank you!!

Newlywed - I'm glad I'm not alone about OPK's stressing me out. Since stopping the OPK testing I've actually been more relaxed about this cycle. We BD every other day or every couple of days. My ticker and apps say I'm supposed to ovulate today and it's our day for BD so here's to feeling hopeful! I hope you get your positive soon Newlywed!! Lots of luck and baby dust to you!

FarmersWife - Glad you got your positive and BD!! OPK's show when we surge not the actual egg release, right? So you may have released the egg already, but I think if you BD again tonight that it wouldn't harm anything, and could bump your chances! Feeling really hopeful for you!!

Hi ladies, I've been debating whether or not I should take a break from this website because I think I need to stop completely obsessing over ttc. But I love hearing from everyone so I couldn't leave ! But I am definitely having a problem with obsessing over it, and it is really starting to get to me !
I haven't gotten a positive opk yet (on cd18 now, but I do have around 32 day cycles lately), and I think maybe that is what's bothering me. I like to always know what is happening in my body, but some things we just can't control !! Now I realize that with my longer cycle I definitely do o later than I expected, so we won't give up after the first couple of weeks of trying.. It is definitely better to try as much as possible the full cycle to maximize our chances !
I laughed at my feelings because I realized that the whole start of the thread was because of the same thing I am feeling right now !! I hope I do soon get a positive just to brighten my spirits a bit. I always get my period, but now using these opk's has been stressing me because now I'm worried that what if I don't ovulate properly ?? Or can you not have a period with ovulation ?

Sorry to be such a downer !! I try to sound as positive as possible, and we haven't even been trying that long (this is only the third cycle!), but I am just too caught up in wanting to know everything about my body, but maybe sometimes it is better that we don't because this can be the result !!!! Haha.

Hoping that you ladies are enjoying your weekend (& enjoying lots of bd'ing, haha)
& Farmerswife - I would still bd anyways just to be sure !!!!

Good luck & thanks for reading my rant !!!!!

Hi ladies, I've been debating whether or not I should take a break from this website because I think I need to stop completely obsessing over ttc. But I love hearing from everyone so I couldn't leave ! But I am definitely having a problem with obsessing over it, and it is really starting to get to me !
I haven't gotten a positive opk yet (on cd18 now, but I do have around 32 day cycles lately), and I think maybe that is what's bothering me. I like to always know what is happening in my body, but some things we just can't control !! Now I realize that with my longer cycle I definitely do o later than I expected, so we won't give up after the first couple of weeks of trying.. It is definitely better to try as much as possible the full cycle to maximize our chances !
I laughed at my feelings because I realized that the whole start of the thread was because of the same thing I am feeling right now !! I hope I do soon get a positive just to brighten my spirits a bit. I always get my period, but now using these opk's has been stressing me because now I'm worried that what if I don't ovulate properly ?? Or can you not have a period with ovulation ?

Sorry to be such a downer !! I try to sound as positive as possible, and we haven't even been trying that long (this is only the third cycle!), but I am just too caught up in wanting to know everything about my body, but maybe sometimes it is better that we don't because this can be the result !!!! Haha.

Hoping that you ladies are enjoying your weekend (& enjoying lots of bd'ing, haha)
& Farmerswife - I would still bd anyways just to be sure !!!!

Good luck & thanks for reading my rant !!!!!

It is totally normal to feel the way you are feeling!! Last cycle was my first time using OPK also, and I seriously wanted to shove the sticks down someones throat! :wacko: I can relate with the stress of the OPK BUTTTT.... Once you get it figured out and get the positive, it is all worth it...

No matter how many cycles you have been trying, it will always be a bummer to get AF. So don't feel bad.. Just keep your spirits up! This is what we are here for.. to rant to one another and ask questions & just support each other.

As far as you being on CD18 with still no positive, I wouldn't worry yet.. My cycles are only 26/27 days and last cycle my positive didn't come until CD16! As long as you have 10-11 days inbetween your O time and AF, you are fine! So you still have plenty of time to O.

I hope I made you feel a little better!! :dust:

Thank you so much FarmersWife, it really did !
Your words mean more than you know :)

Any luck yet ladies?! I started my TWW today.. Which is crazy because it feels like I just started this thread! Maybe I shouldn't do this but... I have it in my head that this is our cycle!! I am convinced.. :)

Hows your weekend going?

Newlywed - I don't blame you for feeling the need to step away from BnB! It's so hard to not get wrapped up with ttc and everything. This is why I stopped taking OPK's, I knew I was getting to harsh on myself over it. And for such a little thing once I stopped doing them I feel a lot more relaxed. Although I still come to BnB daily I'm not on it all the time like I was at the start.

I have 37 days cycles lately and when I went in for my lady exam she said that I probably wouldn't ovulate until CD23 so don't give up on it being negative so far! And as FarmersWife says, once they're figured out they are totally worth it!! But I just didn't get there and threw in the towel early, but it's alright for now.:hugs:Don't give up hope! This thread is full of nothing but support and you're bfp is coming, and I hope sooner than later:hugs:

FarmersWife - I'm in my 2ww as well! My fingers are crossed so hard for you, they may fall off!:haha: Especially with getting your positive OPK, that makes me feel extra hopeful for you!!

I'm supposed to be 1DPO today, although DH and I never got around to BDing on O date so I'm feeling not so hopeful. Although maybe we may still catch if we BD today?:shrug: What do you think ladies, think I still have a chance?

Newlywed - I don't blame you for feeling the need to step away from BnB! It's so hard to not get wrapped up with ttc and everything. This is why I stopped taking OPK's, I knew I was getting to harsh on myself over it. And for such a little thing once I stopped doing them I feel a lot more relaxed. Although I still come to BnB daily I'm not on it all the time like I was at the start.

I have 37 days cycles lately and when I went in for my lady exam she said that I probably wouldn't ovulate until CD23 so don't give up on it being negative so far! And as FarmersWife says, once they're figured out they are totally worth it!! But I just didn't get there and threw in the towel early, but it's alright for now.:hugs:Don't give up hope! This thread is full of nothing but support and you're bfp is coming, and I hope sooner than later:hugs:

FarmersWife - I'm in my 2ww as well! My fingers are crossed so hard for you, they may fall off!:haha: Especially with getting your positive OPK, that makes me feel extra hopeful for you!!

I'm supposed to be 1DPO today, although DH and I never got around to BDing on O date so I'm feeling not so hopeful. Although maybe we may still catch if we BD today?:shrug: What do you think ladies, think I still have a chance?

Did you BD the days before your O? And I think you still have anywhere for like 12-24 hours. So I would BD ASAP! I for sure think you have a chance!!

Hey ladies, I cannot believe you are in your tww already, that is so exciting ! I think you both have good chances :)
It's so funny cause I had it in my head that this had to be my month too !! We have been bd'ing every second day since the 13th, & if I wasn't using the opk's I would have felt more confident, but that being said if I wasn't using them then I still would have thought my o was a nice while ago (well it still could have been if I missed it) But I will just have to wait and see ! I can see how it can be more relaxed not using them at times though, haha.
Try not to drive yourselves crazy with symptom spotting during your tww !!!! I will keep my fingers and toes crossed for you both ! & I'll update if I have any exciting opk news, haha.

Baby dust !!!!!

Yes Newlywed please let us know when you get your OPK!! Im usually good the first week and then by the time the second week hits, im going insane wondering if I am pregnant. I think this will be our month ladies! How exciting if all of us got our BFPS. Lets hope!

FarmersWife - We did BD the day before my possible ovulation date, although I didn't have anywhere near as much cm as I did the previous week when I had that maybe OPK. All day today I've been feeling so negative that it sent me into a foul mood and couldn't get in BDing... we finally did but it was late at night so I think our chance was missed... trying really hard not to be upset but it's impossible at the moment.:cry:

Thanks Newlywed :) Definitely keep us updated for the positive OPK!! I'm determined to stay away from threads on symptom spotting this 2ww. Hope that I can stick to that though!

It would be so incredible for us all to get bfp's!! Definitely holding onto that hope!

Dragonfly- I still think you have a great chance!
This weekend... I got a lovely UTI. Was up all night last night in pain from it! They are soo awful. Now Im on antibiotic for a few days and drinking lots of cranberry juice. It makes me soooo upset this had to happen right at the start of my TWW. Im hoping it wont affect anything, but at this point I think it will :(

But then again.. they always tell you that antibiotic will cancel out your BCP and to use back up protection. Welll.. that must mean you still can get pregnant with on antibiotic that's the only thing keeping me hanging... The feeling of a UTI is just awful.

This weekend... I got a lovely UTI. Was up all night last night in pain from it! They are soo awful. Now Im on antibiotic for a few days and drinking lots of cranberry juice. It makes me soooo upset this had to happen right at the start of my TWW. Im hoping it wont affect anything, but at this point I think it will :(

But then again.. they always tell you that antibiotic will cancel out your BCP and to use back up protection. Welll.. that must mean you still can get pregnant with on antibiotic that's the only thing keeping me hanging... The feeling of a UTI is just awful.

Thank you FarmersWife, I was super upset all day yesterday but I seem to be doing better today so far. And I deeply appreciate your positive comments that make me hold onto my hope.

Sorry about your UTI, that's terrible! I don't think it would affect anything, like you said bcp gets ineffective with antibiotics and people have ended up pregnant because of that! I know a girlfriend who got pregnant while taking antibiotics, so I'm not worried for you about that! I think you've got so many reasons to hold onto hope for your bfp!!:hugs:

Thank you FarmersWife, I was super upset all day yesterday but I seem to be doing better today so far. And I deeply appreciate your positive comments that make me hold onto my hope.

Sorry about your UTI, that's terrible! I don't think it would affect anything, like you said bcp gets ineffective with antibiotics and people have ended up pregnant because of that! I know a girlfriend who got pregnant while taking antibiotics, so I'm not worried for you about that! I think you've got so many reasons to hold onto hope for your bfp!!:hugs:

It is so good to hear you are feeling better today!! I am glad my thoughts help you out, that's what I am here for. We are in this journey together, and its great to be able to relate to one another.

Its crazy that your friend fell pregnant while on antibiotics. I called my sister in law who is pregnant and was telling her about how upset I was. She knows DH & I are TTC. I totally forgot that the month she got her BFP she had a tooth pulled, and was also on antibiotics... So maybe itll happen!

Time will tell... lets hope this TWW goes well for us! Thinking of you!

It is so good to hear you are feeling better today!! I am glad my thoughts help you out, that's what I am here for. We are in this journey together, and its great to be able to relate to one another.

Its crazy that your friend fell pregnant while on antibiotics. I called my sister in law who is pregnant and was telling her about how upset I was. She knows DH & I are TTC. I totally forgot that the month she got her BFP she had a tooth pulled, and was also on antibiotics... So maybe itll happen!

It's is amazing how much support there is here! :hugs: I especially feel so connected to you and Newlywed through our ttc journey.

That's great you have someone you can call and talk to about ttc, how curious that she was on antibiotics too! Makes me curious if there's some kind of helpful thing that antibiotics do with conceiving... now I wish I was on antibiotics!:haha:

It's is amazing how much support there is here! :hugs: I especially feel so connected to you and Newlywed through our ttc journey.

That's great you have someone you can call and talk to about ttc, how curious that she was on antibiotics too! Makes me curious if there's some kind of helpful thing that antibiotics do with conceiving... now I wish I was on antibiotics!:haha:

I agree with you! Its great coming here. and Im not sure maybe there is.. Guess we'll find out ;) I suppose I could always ship some amoxicillin your way! haha :winkwink:

I agree with you! Its great coming here. and Im not sure maybe there is.. Guess we'll find out ;) I suppose I could always ship some amoxicillin your way! haha :winkwink:

Hahaha, if antibiotics do really help out the pregnancy I would take them! My tonsils have been swollen for over a week, maybe I would need some hehe:haha:

Dragonfly & Newlywed.. Have I asked you how old you ladies were? Im not sure if I have, I was just kind of curious. However if you prefer not to share that is okay too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->