• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Felt like giving up, Got new hope!!

I am also confused by Opk strip tests. This is my first cycle of testing and Ive been testing since Af left. Generally and ive been getting a dark control line, but nothing more. But on CD10 the 2nd line was dark (not darker than the control line though) so assumed maybe i was on the verge of ovulating. Next day just a dark control line. Today is CD13 and the same thing happened, dark control line with a dark 2nd line, but not darker than control line. What does it mean, if anything?

I think if it's as dark as the control line that can be a positive as well. But other ladies may have better advice. Best of luck!:thumbup:

I am also confused by Opk strip tests. This is my first cycle of testing and Ive been testing since Af left. Generally and ive been getting a dark control line, but nothing more. But on CD10 the 2nd line was dark (not darker than the control line though) so assumed maybe i was on the verge of ovulating. Next day just a dark control line. Today is CD13 and the same thing happened, dark control line with a dark 2nd line, but not darker than control line. What does it mean, if anything?

I would say if it is as dark as control line or darker than positive. I think it can continue to get darker as you test if its not as dark yet. Last cycle when I got my positive it was darker than control line.

Hey there, how is everyone doing ?
Has anyone had any luck with their opk's yet ?
I tried another one today and the line was darker than yesterday (but not very dark).. So I am hoping this means that I am leading up to my o ! I wasn't expecting it until the middle of next week so that seems about right.. Also a bit more cm.

Does anyone else get so excited when they see two lines show up on a test, even if it is just an opk ? I always think "imagine if this was a hpt!!!" then I get so happy for a few moments.. Haha.. But we all have to try extra hard this upcoming week and pray for positives !!!!

Baby dust to all :)

I haven't started testing yet as I am only CD8 and last cycle I didn't get a positive OPK until CD16. I think Tuesday I will do my first test. Newlywed it sounds like your getting very close though, what CD are you on? Good luck

Hi there !
I am on cd 15/16 now, and I have taken 4 opks over the past 4 days.. one was light, the next one was darker, the next one was lighter, and todays was medium haha. So I do not have a positive yet but I was not really expecting one until later this week. My cycle is a bit longer than it used to be before i got on bcp.

Did you do your first test today? I realized that the last 2 months I probably "o"ed later than expected, so I think our timing is off.. So that makes me feel like "well it is bound to happen this time if we make sure our timing is perfect", but that is not true at all so I don't want to get my hopes up!

Baby dust to you alll !!!! I am excited for the upcoming weeks :)

Hi there !
I am on cd 15/16 now, and I have taken 4 opks over the past 4 days.. one was light, the next one was darker, the next one was lighter, and todays was medium haha. So I do not have a positive yet but I was not really expecting one until later this week. My cycle is a bit longer than it used to be before i got on bcp.

Did you do your first test today? I realized that the last 2 months I probably "o"ed later than expected, so I think our timing is off.. So that makes me feel like "well it is bound to happen this time if we make sure our timing is perfect", but that is not true at all so I don't want to get my hopes up!

How long are your cycles Newlywed? Sorry if I've asked before:shy:...

I took the last OPK I had yesterday and it was another negative, I'm really torn whether to buy more or not this cycle as I have mixed comments on my maybe positive I had on CD15 and with the cramping and side aches I've had I'm almost willing to bet it was a positive, or at least as close to a positive as I may get.:shrug:

Hope you get your positive OPK soon!

Hi there !

Don't worry you will get a positive one! I did test today, got a line not dark enough though! Last month was on CD16 though. I am getting nervous for the next 2 weeks ahhhhh.

Hey there !
So nice to come here and read comments of everyone who is in the same boat as I am.
Dragonfly - I can never keep track of who I ask and what I ask so it's fine if you ask twice cause I never remember either, haha ! My cycles have been around 31/32 days so I'm not late yet when it comes to my o, but it should be here very soon.. I hate not knowing what is going on in my body !!! We have been bd'ing just incase, but I feel better about my chances this month if I see a positive result and then know that we tried our hardest around then. Our timing was off our last 2 months before now which frustrates me !! I hope my craziness goes away after I get more used to my body's cycle, because this is exhausting to be stressing over each month.. lol. How long are you cycles ? Maybe you could buy some cheaper tests just to be sure ?? Or just bd as often as possible, lol. Good luck to you !!! :)

Farmers Wife - It is good to start testing early just in case your body feels like switching things up this month !! Haha. I am stressing too, I know we shouldn't but it is just so hard not to !!! I feel like "Oh no, I didn't get a positive yet maybe my body is broken and all my tests are faulty" hahaahah. Paranoid much ??
Hopefully within the next week we will all have our o's !!! Then stage 2 of the waiting begins lol.
Thank god for this site !!!!

I know its always easier to blame it on the test haha!! Going to test tonight and see but only CD11 now. The DH is taking me out for supper, so that will be fun!! Maybe a little BD later ;)

Newlywed - I hope O shows up for you soon! It is really frustrating not knowing when exactly it's going to show up. My cycles have been averaging between 35-37 days. We've been BDing every other day to every couple of days just to be sure. I was going to get internet cheapie tests but the last time we BD I flopped it and couldn't enjoy it/climax because all I could think about was OPKs and whether the test I had a maybe on was positive or not. And I feel so so guilty about it, so I'm thinking about holding off on the OPKs for longer...:shy:

FarmersWife5 - It so is, darn those tests!! lol. Fingers crossed that you O soon too. Enjoy dinner! Now I'm hungry:haha:

If only baby dust was as contagious as glitter...

Hi there !
Dragonfly - I understand what you mean, it is so easy to get caught up in the opk's.. I'm afraid soon I'll be like, "Don't touch me, I haven't gotten a positive yet !!!!". Hahahaha. & I'm always afraid like what if I missed my surge (but I don't think you would if you test everyday around the same time?), or what if my pee wasn't concentrated enough ? Haha. Us females have so much on our mind all the time !

Farmers Wife - Hope you enjoy your evening !! Soon summer will be over and we'll realize we didn't do much other than sit around and think about ttc !!! Haha. Hoping you get a positive soon !

That's exactly how I've been feeling! I took an OPK a few hours later than the time I was taking them and really beat myself over it! Although I haven't gotten "don't touch me" like, thankfully I rarely even feel like turning DH down.

I keep telling DH how shocked I am that it's hard to make a baby!

Dragonfly I am shocked how long it is taking also!! Ladys I think I just got a positive OPK.. Ugh I was I could figure out how to upload on here, I feel like its more complicated than I should be. Im 95% sure its a go, hope I can figure out how to show you

Dragonfly I am shocked how long it is taking also!! Ladys I think I just got a positive OPK.. Ugh I was I could figure out how to upload on here, I feel like its more complicated than I should be. Im 95% sure its a go, hope I can figure out how to show you

Down under the additional options there's a "manage attachments" button, click that then find the pic.

I hope it's a positive!! Let the BD begin!!:happydance:

I say it's definitely positive!! Break out the sexy dance! haha

I took that right after it showed up. I just went back into the bathroom and it got even darker! I cant believe it whohooo. Its weird because last cycle my positive was on CD16.. hmm. I was worried my LP was too short, but now im excited! I hope you get yours soon too! My cycle are normally only 26-27 days so CD12 is about "normal" right?

Yeah, I would say that's about normal. And if not, oh well! It's a positive no matter what :thumbup:

Thanks, I stopped taking OPKs and we're just BDing every other day hoping to catch it eventually.

That's what we have been doing so far this cycle, every other day. With this being the 5th cycle I just had to use OPKS. But wasn't going to stress this cycle!! Which is really hard to do. But I feel like either way.. OPK or not if you are BDing every other day the whole cycle, theres not awhole bunch more you can really do. I think this will be your cycle tho!!!!

:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"