Femara Friends!

Such a cute pic!

Thanks for all the support guys. I am trying to take it one day at a time. My next ultrasound is Feb 2nd. I can't wait.

I was on metformin and glipizide before I got pregnant. Then my pcp told me to stop taking everything when I got pregnant. I got to my ob and he said if it was working for me he wouldn't have taken me off, but now that I am off we will see how I do.

I was on metformin for PCOS and was told I could keep taking it for the first trimester.

If your type two you definitely shouldn't stop. Your blood sugar level needs to stay maintain. Do you have an endocrinologist that you see for your diabetes. Mine also said to stay on my dose

I would definately see about getting back on the Metformin. I have it for PCOS also and both my RE and OB wanted me on it the whole time. It supposedly decreases the chance of mc in women with Pcos also.

I have a meeting with the diebetes educator next week. Should I just go back on it or wait and ask someone?

I have a meeting with the diebetes educator next week. Should I just go back on it or wait and ask someone?

Why not call sooner then later? Say you have an appointment but are concerned about what you were told?

My appointment was for this week but my insurance doesn't kick in until Monday so I moved it.

Karen :hug:

I would definitely call about the metformin! You don't want to risk anything by going off of it, and staying on it is perfectly fine. How long has it been since your last dose? If it hasn't been more than a week, I'd definitely go back on it until you hear otherwise!! I think you want to stay on it at least through the 1st trimester if you were on it when you conceived.

Also, my 2nd was measuring 3 days behind the entire time and like others, I knew exactly what day I conceived, so keep hope!

MK - DARLING pic!

I have been off it for a few weeks. My ob said he wants my morning fasting lovels to be below 90, mine are double that, and after meals to be below 120, I am ranging from 117 to 158. I don't know how to get my morning numbers down. My after meals aren't horrible. They would be better if I would eat what I bring for breakfast and lunch instead of giving into cravings. :)

Karen, that is the amount they wanted mine also. The only way mine were low was because I stayed on Met. I took 1500mg the whole pregnancy. Once you get further along in the trimesters your numbers usually go higher. Mine stayed the same and my A1C was lower than pre pregnancy. Basically if your numbers won't stay low they will put you on insulin because high numbers usually causes larger babies and more problems. Don't give into cravings too much, nine months and a healthy baby is much more worth it than instant gratification. Good luck at your appointment next week, I pray all is well with you and baby.

Thank you. I am going to ask if I can go back on the metformin.

Thank you! It went amazing. Measuring exactly 7 weeks 4 days. Heartbeat 152.

Attachments

• IMAG1191.jpg
    IMAG1191.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 7
Amazing news!
All that stress and worry for nothing, sometimes these early scans/tests are a curse!!!

I'm so happy for you.

As for me: I got my official diagnosis of Momo twins, they share a placenta and a sac which is very rare. The problem is that they can get tangled and their cords can knot.
I am being referred to a high risk doctor out of the closest major city (about 40 minutes away).
I don't see them until feb 19....which seems soooooo far away.
Beginning at 24 weeks I will be off work for monitoring NST's twice a day and deliver by c-section at approx 32 weeks.
During the monitoring if they have any problems they will take them immediately.
Kind of scare but staying positive.

Amazing news!
All that stress and worry for nothing, sometimes these early scans/tests are a curse!!!

I'm so happy for you.

As for me: I got my official diagnosis of Momo twins, they share a placenta and a sac which is very rare. The problem is that they can get tangled and their cords can knot.
I am being referred to a high risk doctor out of the closest major city (about 40 minutes away).
I don't see them until feb 19....which seems soooooo far away.
Beginning at 24 weeks I will be off work for monitoring NST's twice a day and deliver by c-section at approx 32 weeks.
During the monitoring if they have any problems they will take them immediately.
Kind of scare but staying positive.

Wild stuff Tonya. Can you do the nst at the hospital closer to you. Instead of the track to the city. I remember going from the city to the hospital allot at the end it's tough. Thank goodness your in Canada lol. Health care and mat leave

I will have to wait and see what my new dr says. I think the risk in that is that if they are monitoring and there is a problem and they need to deliver, I need to be somewhere that is able to care for the babies.

Momo twins can be scary. I hope yours will be ok. My friends are now over a year old and doing great.

karen I'm so glad your appointment went well. Happy healthy 9 months!!!!!
Tonya, happy and healthy 32 weeks to you. It can be scary and I hope your twins stay perfectly fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->