Fezzle's secret wedding planning

Yay, it's going to be wonderful! That hotel looks great!

Exciting updates! They've been happening over the past week, but I haven't had a chance to come on BnB much lately.

The biggest news- 25 April (at 2pm) has been booked with the registrar! They've booked it with the hotel too! My divorce certificate came the other day, so I've sent them scans of all our documents and they said all looks in order; we just have to show them the originals the day before the wedding. I've sent them my payment info, and they'll confirm everything once that goes through early next week, but it is booked. Now we need to discuss some plans with the hotel and also book a room there.

Also booked- the honeymoon! We've got an awesome looking modern campervan booked for 2 weeks after the wedding. No set plans other than we'll start and Cadiz and travel around southern Spain.

Flights are also booked to and from Gibraltar.

What still needs to be done:

• Arranging details with the hotel
  • Attire- I have my dress but need shoes/accessories and OH isn't sure what he's wearing yet
  • Rings
  • Booking a photographer
  • Ordering a bouquet
  • Booking hair and make up (maybe, I haven't decided on that)
  • Setting up cat sitting

What else am I missing?

Oh so exciting! Everything is coming together so nicely!!

For cat sitting when we went away we asked a neighbour. The dog walking service I met with this week also offers cat sitting so that could be an option as well.

I think we're going to ask our neighbours next door- they're usually around (the guy works from home) and they have two teenage boys so since it'll be term time I don't think they'd be away too. Fx! We had a great set up with our next door neighbours in our last house, so it would be good to get that started here now too.

Yay all booked! You are getting married soon - I love it!

Sounds like it is all coming together wonderfully! How exciting.

No more plans have been made but we have been talking to some friends about where to go in southern Spain. The exciting thing is though- no one IRL knows about our plan!

Wow it's happening! Seems like most of it is already done, time to enjoy it in just 2 short months!

And how sweet to have this awesome little secret :ninja:

Yay for so much progress!!!

Do you need to organise food or a wedding cake? Maybe just a cute little one for the two of you? Might be sweet for the photos.

Maybe! I need to contact the hotel today so will ask about a little cake. Since the wedding is at 2, I think we'll go out somewhere for dinner, so I need to look into that too. I have a friend who is from Gibraltar but I've talked to her in the past about eloping there so if I ask her for a recommendation for somewhere nice to eat, she'll know why! I'm sure she'd keep the secret though.

I would ask! Worth it to let one person in on the secret to find the perfect place to dine on such a special day! It would be a bummer to go somewhere and have it be a disappointment!

I agree she might have the inside scoop for places to take pictures etc

I'll ask OH- we need some sort of agreement about who knows what! It's not that big of a place, so it's not hard to research places on TripAdvisor, but it would be good to get some inside information.

More exciting developments- I've now booked our hotel room for 3 nights, which will be have a seaview and balcony and booked the 'panoramic terrace' for the ceremony. I've also asked them to arrange a bouquet and something for OH's buttonhole, and asked about a hair appointment (not that I have any idea how I want my hair!). OH and I have decided we'll just buy a little cake at M&S for a wedding cake!

So, now remaining before we go:

Cat sitter
Rings
OH's attire
My accessories (shoes, jewellery, hair accessories or veil, belt?)
Decide how I want my hair
Get information on going from Gibraltar to Cadiz (the campervan place said they'd help with this)
Ask friend about places to eat/take photos
Hire photographer

I can't believe it's just 2 months away now!

So close and so exciting!!!

If Gibraltar is popular for weddings, I bet that the hotel could offer some photographer suggestions for you. Have you thought about having someone video record the ceremony too? It's fun to have the video to watch every year on your anniversary and have it to share with family who aren't there.

I'm sure your hair is going to look gorgeous no matter how you choose to do it. It's a good length to be worn either up or down.

The hotel has sent us a list of photographers- I've looked at their websites and seen a few that look good, but OH hasn't really been able to look yet. He has already said no to the idea of a video, but I agree about it would be good to at least show our parents, so I want to get something, even if it's just someone taking it with my phone!

I usually wear my hair down, so I'm wondering if up will annoy me. I think I need to take to pinterest again and maybe I'll post some ideas up here for opinions!

2 months!

I wore my hair half up. I usually wear it up for work so down is kind of 'ssocial' but I also wanted some pretty hair accessories in it plus I didn't want to look too different. So it was pinned back from my face in a little roll at either side but the rest down. Obviously it's a very individual thing but it was perfect - didn't blow in my face all day but still a bit formal & not my 'work look'. So maybe some pointers to think about as you decide!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->