• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fezzle's secret wedding planning

Loving your ideas! So much fun to plan!

I am thinking black accents now too! And maybe even leopard print shoes...

I'm finally here sorry it's been Crazy w this last loss!! :(

But I love the dresses when we renew our vows at our 10yr we r doing it Rockibilly style!! Even though we did get married by my Cousin wow resembled Fat Elvis in his Zuit Suit!! :haha:

DH and I also met online and got married within 6mos everyone thought we were Crazy and would be divorced in a year well that was in 2005!!
It's true when u know u just know!!

Hi, Sis! Welcome!

So, still waiting for OH's job situation to be resolved before we can make plans. We thought if he got an offer from the new job that he'd have given his notice at the beginning of the year so would probably be able to arrange it so he'd be using up his annual leave at his current job and/or be between jobs so he wouldn't have to take annual leave for it.

But, he got an offer, and his current job has offered him a salary increase of £5K and that, plus discussions about his career progression has given him second thoughts. The new job has upped their offer though it's £3 less than the current job. But, their pension is a bit better, there will be a review in Oct for salary and progression it'll be less hours and more of the type of work OH likes. He's still deciding and we'll discuss it tonight, though I think he'll got for the new place. It's not a bad position to be in though either way!

I think he'll decide by the end of this week, so then we'll know what sort of dates we're working with for leaving dates and annual leave. But, it might mean pushing things back a few weeks.

A nice position to be in indeed! But I agree, it will be nice to know when you're planning for - even if it is slightly later, at least you'll know :)

Woohoo! Good job, OH!:thumbup: Feels good to have options. I remember I had that once. I interviewed at several places, one I really wanted and one was a backup. Both wanted me and the backup place upted the salary offer. Which was inticing but I really wanted the other job which had better hours and stability.

Definitely a great position! Hooray for a pay rise either way. :happydance:

Great news about OH and the job offers. Can't wait to hear when the official dates will be set.

OH has finally made a decision, and he's going with the new firm. He's telling them and his current place today, so hopefully now we'll know some dates!

I've decided that the thing that will drive the accents will be based around my shoes as they'll be the hardest things to get now. Once we have dates, and we actually book things, then OH will actually be up for doing some wedding shopping.

Good for him! So exciting
Have fun shoe shopping, that's the only kind of shopping I can stand :)

Good idea re the shoes, cos that's very true! Yay for starting wedding shopping soon :)

OH has officially given his notice now. Unfortunately, it's a bit later than planned, so our dates might not work out as we hoped. He wants to leave a couple weeks between jobs where the first week would just be the week he has of annual leave at his current job, and then a week where he doesn't have a job either place so he doesn't have to use annual leave (because there are other things booked already later in the year).

The main problem is, his last day of work might be the day before Good Friday- which isn't good for the plan of getting married in Gibraltar for the start of the trip because all the government offices, such as the registry office, will be shut until the following Tuesday. But, if we push it back a week later, it goes into our last week of teaching, which I can't miss. And later than that, OH would have to start his new job by then and can't start and then go on holiday right away.

OH said he'll get all the dates and annual leave firmed up with his boss tomorrow, and then we can worry about how we're going to do it. It doesn't look like our original plan will work though unless they let him go a week earlier.

Other options are to have the honeymoon first and then get married at the end of the trip, which wouldn't bother me but I like the idea of having the trip as a celebration of getting married and putting just married signs on the campervan, or to get married here in a registry office during the week and then just do the trip as planned, though I think that wedding would be a real let down!

Things will all come together somehow, and it will be perfect! :D

That scheduling is rough. Hopefully he can get things figured out with the new company and you can find some dates that work.

Hmmm, sounds complicated, but I'm sure it will all fall into place! :thumbup:

His current company sound really nice and understanding, do you think if he explained that you were trying to take two weeks off to get married that they would let him leave a week early?

Stalking! Well... planning to stop in occasionally at least. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"