• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fezzle's secret wedding planning

Hi Mrs. JJ! Hope all is well with you!

Nothing new to report- everything is still on hold until OH talks to his boss. It seems like they haven't been in the office at the same time this week.

I somehow missed that you had a wedding planning journal! I am here now, and spent an enjoyable (for a sick day) morning reading the whole thing. I love the plans so far, and I really hope the Easter break works out. I also really like your dresses. That was the style I wanted, but my dress got messed up in alterations and I ended up wearing a white prom dress that I didn't really like because it was the only thing I could get last minute. C'est la vie.

I didn't change my name. OH didn't care, and it seemed like a huge PITA. I changed it on Facebook, and I send holiday cards with his last name. Ellie has my last name as a second middle name.

Hi tx!

I will definitely have my children have my last name as a 2nd middle name. I think I'll do what you did as long as I can get away with it!

OH said he still hasn't had a chance to talk to his boss, but he did get an official letter saying his last day was 17 April and he had 7.4 days of annual leave. So he's going to see if since it'll be a matter of just a couple days if he can leave before Easter.

The back up plan is doing it in June and hoping it's not too bad with his new job that he's starting with so many holidays in the summer to start with (since we'll be going on the cruise in Aug too). But he also agreed that while getting married at the end of the holiday isn't ideal, it's also a possibility for an April trip.

Plans were already pushed back because OH took longer than expected to decide if he wanted to take the new job, but he's still been having a hard time talking to his current boss and when his last day will actually be (considering he can take 8 days of annual leave before he goes). He's also been dragging his feet again because he's been having second thoughts about leaving! When he told his boss he was leaving, he was told that they really wanted to keep him because he was a key part in their plans to expand the area in which OH works. Now they've started recruiting more people for that area, which means that they really do have plans to expand that area and also that it means OH wouldn't have some of the crazy hours he had last year. Because the type of work and the hours were the main reason he wanted to leave, even though his current firm is a better firm and he really likes his boss and colleagues, he's thinking of staying. Right now he's working on a couple of exciting projects that he wouldn't be able to get at the new job too.

Anyway, regarding our wedding/honeymoon though, he decided we should just book it, and then no matter what he decides, he'll just tell them we had this holiday already booked, so if he changes jobs, he'll just start after we get back, and if he stays, he'll just take normal annual leave. So here are our dates now!

22 April- fly to Gibraltar
23 April- go to the registrar's office to sort out paperwork
24 April- wedding!
25 April- go to Malaga and pick up campervan
Then two weeks in the campervan 25 April to 9 May
9 or 10 May- fly back to the UK

This all depends now on being able to book everything with the wedding and the flights when we want, but it's good to have a more definite plan now!

Wow- how is this for great timing? When I looked for flights with our original plan to get married during the Easter break, we would have either flown to Malaga (which would then be a 1.5 hour drive to Gibraltar or a 3 hour bus!) or gone to Heathrow (2 hour bus from us) to Gibraltar.

As of 19 April, there's a direct flight from our city to Gibraltar! The only problem is it's on on Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays, so we'd probably have to go on the Tues and move everything up a day, but that's not that big of a deal. And- the flight I found on that Tues is only £44 a person (not counting checking bags, etc of course).

Just went for a 3 mile run- time to get in shape now that there's a potential date and it's less than 3 months away!

So exciting to have a firm plan! And a direct flight is worth rearranging everything by a day, in my opinion!

Seriously! The budget airline (easyjet) will be slumming it enough- no need to throw in a bus ride too!

ROFL! I wish we had something like easy jet here! And I completely agree about a bus ride!

How exciting that the plans are getting finalized! I hope your OH makes a decision he'll be happy with. As someone who hasn't always been happy at work, I know it's hard to switch jobs when your current team/job are enjoyable.

Great to hear your plans - April is such a great month to get married :) And that's great that you can now fly direct to Gibraltar, so much more convenience, definitely worth shifting things around by a day!

Oh God no! Please dont do a bus ride! Lol Been there, done that, never again!

Exciting that the plans are coming together!

Yay for everything coming together!! April is so soon!!

It's looking now that 25 April will be the day! The main obstacle now is that I need to get my divorce certificate. I ordered it just after Christmas, and they said it could take 6-8 weeks, so there's still a few weeks more to wait before I call to check on the progress. They do an expedited service too if I get desperate.

But, we also found a campervan company we like. The van we both liked the most is unavailable though, so we need to look at the three that are available and see if any of them will work. We don't want one that's too big.

We also looked at the hotel options and picked one for having the wedding. I contacted them to find out about what sort of things they can arrange and costs, and all looks good to go with them! It's this one:https://www.rockhotelgibraltar.com/
There was another one too, but this one won out due to location and it's been recently refurbished. It also seems to have an interesting history. The events manager also sent me a list of recommended florists, photographers, etc, and they can help arrange those things too.

I have a birthday walk and meal tomorrow, so hopefully OH and I will get a chance to look at options again on Sunday!

Just catching up - wahoo you have a date!! Awesome :) you'll be away just as I go back to work (eek). The hotel looks really good. Remind me, are you inviting / telling people or eloping?? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->