Fezzle's secret wedding planning

Yes , hair is vert important. Do u have any thoughts about it yet , up down? Do u have long hair?

I'm leaning toward either a partly up (with still some hair around the front), or the one side held back with some sort of accessory like a flower or fascinator. I like a loosely done up-do too. I think I'll have a look at etsy for some cool accessories! My hair is long (the ends rest on the top of my boobs) and I've finally grown out my fringe.

PS- for my first wedding, it was a traditional up do with a full veil with loads of hairspray and bobbie pins/kirby grips. Not me at all!

Attachments

• Hair 1.jpg
    Hair 1.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Hair 4.jpg
    Hair 4.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Hair 3.jpg
    Hair 3.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Hair 5.jpg
    Hair 5.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Hair 6.jpg
    Hair 6.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 0
Speaking of etsy (or something crafty I could probably do myself), I love this idea for photos. I also want to check with the campervan company to see if we can put a 'Just Married' sign on the van or write on the windows with something that will wash off.

Attachments

• Just Eloped.jpg
    Just Eloped.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 4
I've just ordered these shoes! I'll have to see how much I like them when I get them, but right now I'm leaning toward these shoes with a black belt and black petticoat. If not though, I'll still wear the shoes! Here's the dress again too.

Attachments

• shoes.jpg
    shoes.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 1950s-halterneck-ivory-duchess-dress-p29-417_image.jpg
    1950s-halterneck-ivory-duchess-dress-p29-417_image.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 2
I'm so glad I contacted my friend who is from Gibraltar- she replied immediately full of help! One of her friends works at the hotel where we're getting married and she said she'd tell her to look after us, and also she might be able to get us some witnesses (the hotel said they'd be £30 each). She's also given me the FB page of a friend of hers who's a photographer and is going to get some restaurant suggestions from her Dad (she grew up there, her parents still live there).

Your hair ideas sound great ( similar to what I had - hair down, loosely curled with a big flower on one side) - I think it fits with the beach vibe. I'll try and find a photo.

LOVE the shoes Fezzle!

Edit: just lifted this one off Facebook. This is my wedding hair. (I am immediately depressed by how much I have aged over the last 5 years!)

https://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w362/nicolaflack/42080681-2FB4-4FD7-8E45-A6F82E4660C8.png

Awesome! Very helpful! Love it when a great plan comes together!

Those shoes are fierce!

Nicki- thanks for sharing! You look gorgeous! I'd be very happy with that look!

Here's me now in my office to get an idea of my current hair, which hasn't been washed today but you can see the length!

Edit- I have a centre part today, but also wear a side part often

Attachments

• Photo on 26-02-2015 at 15.07.jpg
    Photo on 26-02-2015 at 15.07.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 13
Love the hair choices I'm on my kindle but if you go in my wedding album on fb you can see my hair style for ours. It had the top pulled back out of my face.
I'm proud I know what fringe is!

You're going to look so fab, I can't wait to see it all come together!!

Those hair ideas are all lovely. My favourites are 1, 2 & 5 but you wouldn't go wrong with any of them!

Glad you friend was able to give you lots of help!

Lovely pic Nicki - your DH has a beard now though, right? And I love your new avatar pic!!

Fezzle you are gorgeous!!!!

Nicki loved the pic as well!

I love 3 and 4. I wore my hair like 4. I never wore my hair up so thought why would I do that on my wedding day? Down with loose curls was what felt comfortable.

Loving the dress and shoes as well! It's all coming together so nicely!!!

Thanks squig and lynny. Yup DH has a full on beard now ... I kind of don't recognise him in that wedding photo.

Fezzle I am so excited about your wedding, it kind of makes me want to go and do it all again (to the same man, of course ... :) )

Nicki- you could fly off to Gibraltar and do it again!

Thanks for the input. I'm definitely leaning towards it down, but then back at one side or both. I feel like Lynny said- I want to see feel comfortable and like 'me'.

I've ordered the shoes, a matching clutch bag, the black belt and a 'just married' bunting sign! I can't wait for stuff to start arriving! The black petticoat is currently out of stock- I've bid on one on ebay, and have set up an email alert for when they're back in stock (hopefully in the next month!). But, I could add a colour too.

I've been feeling guilty now about not telling my parents and worrying that they'll be sad about not being there. I'm going to talk to OH about how we should handle it. Right now, I'd like to tell them maybe a week or two before the wedding, and also see if we can set up a Skype link.

I would send them the link a few weeks before. So they can watch it on webcam or something.
Found wedding hair pictures :)

Attachments

• wedding hair.jpg
    wedding hair.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 6
  • wedding hair 2.jpg
    wedding hair 2.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 6
Great pics! I think I'd definitely do the part-up if I was wearing a veil.

Good news- I won the petticoat on ebay, plus for about £20 less than it is normally!

Congrats on the Petticoat. I like the #3 on the side with a decoration. I think it would show off the cut of the neckline of the dress a little more. But they are all nice options.

I can't wait to see you in that dress! That print on the shoe with a black belt will be so sassy! :winkwink::thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->