• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fezzle's secret wedding planning

I would try on some of the other sizes in the dress you've bought, to see if you can get the right fit. And yes, only commit to a custom dress if you're really 100% sure you will love it!!

I can't wait to see which becomes YOUR dress!

I was so happy in mine I didn't want to take it off! And I didn't till way after dark and most of the guest were gone. I told OH the other day that I want to be buried in it :rofl: OH was out of his clothes as soon as we were done eating :dohh:

LOL my OH will be like that. He said he's going to wear a suit. He'll be wanting to get in more comfortable clothes asap! I want a dress that's comfortable to wear all day. The shoes will be another story- I want to get married in heels and have them on in pictures, but I'll probably change into converse or something!

I want to be buried in mine too! I just love it so much. I wore wedding slippers and changed into cowboy boots asap. I wish my photographer had taken pictures with them.

I also didn't take off my dress until way after the wedding was over, I actually wore it to Denny's after the reception, lol

OMG I miss Denny's!

Maybe I can wear mine for the whole honeymoon! It'll be great for camping! :haha: But OH said we'll probably leave our wedding clothes at the airport.

I ended up losing my wedding heels the morning of the wedding (turns out they'd been shoved under one of the car seats on the way to the hairdresser) and had to wear the back-up dancing slip-ons that my mum had just bought for me the day before! :lol: Of course the length of the dress was designed for the heels I'd chosen, so when I was walking up the aisle, I was whispering to my mum (who was walking with me) that I was going to trip on the hem and fall on my face! :lol:

You won't have that problem though with a shorter dress ;) I think changing into Converse sounds AWESOME.

I love those dresses. If DH ever gives in to my desire to renew the vows and have another (smaller) wedding, I'd totally go for a tea-length dress. :)

I wore white wedding slippers during our ceremony and the reception, just because I'm rubbish in heels and didn't want to faceplant in front of everyone. I could just imagine it...Then I changed into sneakers and jeans for the afterparty. Though I fell asleep at the bar in the middle of a conversation with someone, so maybe I should have just gone to bed instead. lol.

Right Fezzle I am all caught up with your wedding plans :) awesome! Your wedding sounds like mine, in that we got married abroad, just us, and let the hotel sort out everything except what we wore. It was so easy! We did tell people beforehand and did have a party when we got back but I love the way you are doing it and it makes total sense with your families being so spread out geographically.

EXCITING!!!

The 50s dress style is gorgeous and I think will really suit you.

So are you still on for Easter?

Hi, Nicki!

Now that OH has his job offer, the next step is to actually get the paperwork from them and give his notice at work. So, he needs to see when his current job will let him leave (typical is 3 months notice), and how much annual leave he has with them to use at the end of that notice. But, we're hoping that he'll be able to take off a couple weeks around Easter some how! If not, we'd probably have to wait until May or June, where I'd be able to take some time off, though he probably won't want to take off two weeks too soon after starting a new job.

I can't wait until we know so we can start booking things! I still need my divorce certificate too, but hopefully that's on the way.

I think the first one is my favorite. It will complement your boobage nicely too!

I ordered one of the Vivian of Holloway one (the plain one but not super satiny) and it came today! I just tried it on and the fit is perfect- and the best part is, I didn't even need a bra with the boning in it, and my boobs still fit and looked good in it! I think that style is definitely a winner. It's very simple though, so I might think about what I could add, like a belt. I think with that skirt, I'd definitely get a petticoat, so which colour to get too. I think I might just keep this one, and then if I lose weight, I can get it taken in. If I get pregnant, I think by the time I did and the wedding came around, I wouldn't have gained weight other than maybe a bit of bloat or bigger boobs, so there's still room for that.

I am so excited!!!!!! I think a blue, teal, coral, etc. accent would compliment the the dress and match the location. But I have no fashion sense so you may want to ignore that.

I like the blue idea, but blues my favorite. Really any pop color would be beautiful maybe red. Depends on what you like.

I like the 'light blue' petticoat-https://www.vivienofholloway.com/women-c70/petticoats-c156/petticoat-light-blue-p649

and it would match my converses! :haha:

My roller derby team (intraleague) when I played was teal, purple and silver, so I have a lot of things those colours!

I like the idea of a few accents of aqua/teal and red.

LOVE the accent ideas :thumbup: Eeeek...April-May is too far away!:haha: Is this how you guys felt about my wedding which took forever to get here? :rofl:

Yes it is, Lilly. :lol:

I'm another one who loves the accent petticoat idea. Purple would be awesome.

Ooh it sounds great - can't wait until the day happens & we can see you all dressed up in the final ensemble :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->