Finally success after 5 years unexplained infertility

one - I'm really hoping the blood work and ultrasound shows that everything is fine and that you have a healthy pregnancy! Keep me updated.

wanna - thanks so much! That does sound like a really cute idea for the pictures. I'm only telling my parents the gender and even that I'm pregnant at all. A couple of other people know but not too many. I will NOT announce it on facebook until I'm through the first trimester. Maybe then I will do a cute picture idea or something. I'm not sure. I'm just so excited for what's to come.

So ... today I did have a little bit of spotting but nothing even CLOSE to what I had on Sunday. I'm a little freaked out but also not. I don't like it, I wish there was nothing but it's literally such a tiny amount that I need to just relax. I was pretty active today. I went and ran a few errands and bought balloons for honey when he gets home. I didn't think that would irritate anything but I'm just going to lay down for a bit and relax. Plus I think from standing I'm having a little bit of back pain.

Ash this is such exciting news!! Two little babies and a boy and a girl...perfect!!! Hope the spotting calms down and goes away for you. But seeing the heartbeats is definitely a great sign that babies are here to stay!!!

Hopefully you don't mind but I just want to check in on Mo and One since they don't have journals.
How are things going for you Mo?

Patricia how amazing you have a surprise bfp! Hopefully the spotting will mean nothing and you'll be pleasantly surprised.

L4hope - thanks! And no I don't mind at all. I also get a hold of Mo through my journal to make sure everything is OK with her since she doesn't have a journal. :) we have to stick together.

Ash, I too had spotting w/Avery and its quite common especially w/IVF. Im happy your convincing yourself to relax, its something I never did, but you are so much more level headed then me.

Thanks Lauren, not looking good though, ultrasound showed nothing, not even thick lining, which is consistent w/a successful pregnancy. So I'm not hopeful, they took blood today and I go back on Friday for another blood check.

Its all so frustrating, as you guys are all too familiar w/too, so I know you get it.

Sorry to highjack your journal ash!

I too want to know how Mo is doing, I hope she is well.

Ugh Patricia I'm so sorry things aren't looking good for you. How disheartening to have this unexpected surprise and then disappointment. Will you do IVF again to try for another or letting whatever comes naturally?

Lauren, we have 2 frozen, and wi will eventually do it, but its costly since our insurance changed, It just all sucks.

How are you doing? Ive written in your journal, but I don't think its current.

Wow Ash that is such awesome news! one of each! Try to relax. My Dr told me to lay down until you have a couple days of no spotting, don't over do it. Take care of your self and your lil ones that is all that matters now! Soooo happy for you!

Hey L4 and one. I didn't/haven't started a journal yet for #2 or really updated my prior journal... I'm still in that in afraid to jinx anything stage. I can't even make a ticket yet. I'm 14 wks and everything with baby came back normal on testing so looks like we are in the clear :) I wrote a couple pages back all was on. Sorry to keep you all hanging!
One I'm sorry things aren't looking good :(

Thank you Mo, So happy all is well and I totally get it, it took a long time for me to get a ticker with my first.

one - I'm so sorry things aren't going to work out this time around. :hugs: The disappointment is never fun. I'll be here rooting for you when you're ready to try with your frosties though!

Mo - I know the feeling of protecting yourself by not getting ahead by being too excited by the pregnancy. Per my therapist though I am going to try and allow myself to enough the milestones and celebrate the pregnancy that I've worked so hard for! Maybe we could all try that? :D

ttc - thank you so much! We are very excited that it is one of each. If everything goes as planned I will never have to do IVF again which .. as you can imagine, makes me really happy. I just want to be able to put this part of my life behind me.

AFM- I didn't write all of the numbers down but I will give the approximations...

e2 - 1400
p4 - 49 (I remember this one exactly because I've been obsessed waiting for it to go up!)

Ultrasound!

crl (crown to rump length) - this is the length of the babies thus far, they're both over 4.0mm no higher than 5.0mm though which is great. Over the 6th week they're supposed to gain 1mm/day and I'm 3 days past 6 weeks so we're looking great on that front.

Each of their gestational sacs are 14mm which is great. I think I read it's supposed to be between 14 and 17mm.

And their fetal poles ... I wanna say they were around 3mm ... but I really can't remember this.

Either way, the doctor who did the ultrasound and my nurse said that everything is looking great and right on track.

I have my next ultrasound on March 16th and I can't wait already. This is going to be a long 2 weeks. The good news is that I feel like now that I saw the heartbeats I can enjoy this pregnancy this a little more than before. :happydance:

Thanks so much Ash, I am so incredibility happy for you, you deserve this so much with everything you've been through and you are blessed with TWO!

One - thank you so much for all of your support!

I thought I'd share the 6 weeks 1 day ultrasound with you all.

https://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q625/akinner/d474f069-ccb7-4f91-b9c0-81861aa17efb_zpstbetc0z3.jpg

https://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q625/akinner/96ca1d85-4f7e-48e4-ba28-92e24a419a8f_zpsss4mnu8q.jpg

Oh and since I ate dinner I'm having some serious nausea happening .. ugh!

Aww that's just wonderful Ash! Beautiful looking lil ones!

Great numbers! Those are beautiful scan pictures! :happydance:

A few things you mentioned a bit back in your journal that I wanted to respond to but I didn't get a chance! If you haven't gotten it yet from your OB than you can can ask but they will usually give you a list of safe medications to take well pregnant. I mention this because you said you were having a hard time sleeping. When I was pregnant with the twins and I couldn't sleep I would take the regular pink Benadryl. I would sleep like a baby and it is safe for the twins. I only used it when it was really bad, and I was super uncomfortable and desperate for sleep! I would also sleep on the couch sometimes all propped up on pillows and that seemed to help also.

You also mentioned how you would be seeing different OB's well you are pregnant. I was the same way at my last OB. it was a big practice with several DR's so I saw a few different ones. I mainly saw one specific OB but I had the option to see someone else in the practice if I didn't like one specific DR. When I had my C-section I had a differen't OB do the cesarean and I met her before I was going to deliver, she answered my questions and everything. She did a really great job. i could of ended up with anyone in the practice doing the C-section and they told me that because of different schedules and availability. I was high risk just because I was pregnant with twins so I had more appointments then a single pregnancy would of had. I had to go to a special place for high tech sonograms at the hospital for all of the major ultrasounds, like the gender one and the genetic one, which i chose not to do. It was a different location, DR and ultrasound techs for these appointments. I believe that all pregnant ladies go there for these appointments regardless of what practice they go to in my area.

You can go to a single OB practice if you don't like this type of set up, but I know a lot of them have moved toward this now, I think there are pros and cons with either, option. I think you have to go where you feel most comfortable. Good luck! Let me know if you have any other questions! :thumbup:

So beautiful! So happy for you! <3

Re. pregnancy pillow : I absolutely loved my full body pillow!! My husband was jealous, but man - it was absolute bliss, cuddling that, it supported me everywhere I needed, I didn't have to readjust any pillows between my knees if I switched sides ... so brilliant! :)

wanna - thanks for the info on the birthing centers and how your experience was. I'm going to meet with my OBGYN and see what she has to say and then make a decision from there. I guess I just imagined it being different ... that you would actually have your doctor on the day but if that's not the norm then that's fine I just had different expectations.

bubu - I'm going out tomorrow and getting a pillow :D

AFM - I'm not feeling pregnant today. Blah. I'm not really sad about it just wondering why my body is dealing with all of the hormonal changes so well. I wanted the morning sickness lol. I wanted constant reminders that I was pregnant and that just isn't happening. Guess I should just get over it.

Hey Patricia. Yeah I haven't used my journal since Cam was born. Last time it got locked down since it was a ttc journal and the baby was already born. I'm doing well, life is busy with two little boys but wouldn't have it any other way.
So frustrating that money has to play a factor in trying to get pregnant. I hope you are able to use your frosties soon towards a sibling for miss A. Hard to believe we have these toddlers now!

Mo, so glad to hear everything is good with your lo! I know it's hard not worry. I think 20weeks was my marker where I felt really good. But having the tests come back normal is great!

Ash, love the pics of your lo's!! So exciting that you have a little boy and girl in there!! I totally remember wanting morning sickness to have that you are pregnant reminder. I kept telling them that I felt so "normal" and that freaked me out. In the long run I guess it was pretty lucky, but that didn't help me worry less in the beginning. Each ultrasound definitely helps you feel better that it's really happening!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->