Fireworks Will Fly With BFPs In July!

Oh Waves, I am a THRIFT STORE JUNKY !!! Haha no better feeling than a huge bag of clothes that were <$1 a piece!! I always find cute little interesting things there.

Julie- I plan to do the same.. Co-sleep, babywear, cloth diapies, and boob til they've had enough! I can't wait. It's such a natural thing and, I think, the world has it turned into a materialistic thing. So many unnecessary practices for something we were born to do! Oh now if I could just muster up the courage to have a WATER BIRTH !! :)

Nichole- Don't worry, I'm sure the doc will make you feel 100% better.. Just remember to ask every single question you have! Lol.. I used to make a list of questions so I made sure they covered everything.. Haha bet they looooved me. ;)

I am what I call a semi-crunchy mom. I prefer to do only breastmilk until 6-12 months, and I prefer to make my own food. Little to no frozen or processed foods in our house unless for a treat. I baby-wear and semi co-slept until it was hindering everyone's sleep and not benefiting. I grow my own fruits and veggies in my back-yard garden (tomatoes, bell peppers, cucumbers, sugarbaby watermelon and cara-cara oranges. Our blueberries aren't working out so well...) I didn't cut Danny's hair until he was 18 months cuz it was so beautiful. I had a fully natural labor and will again assuming no complications. I would love a water-birth if I can get the one room they have with a tub at my labor ward.
But I do vaccinate, use disposable diapers, and will use formula when necessary. I am not super zealous about buying organic everything because I figure non-organic produce is better than zero produce.

Nichole-I will anxiously be waiting to hear what the doc says. Don't be scared!

Morgan-I am hoping to do a water birth! I love the idea of a home birth/water birth. I am keeping an open mind incase I have any problems in my pregnancy or things change during labor, but I would really like to have one. I hate being on medicines that make me feel weird or numb. I also just want to be relaxed and comfortable.

Emily-I figure that's kind of how I will be too. I think it's hard to be completely organic and it can get expensive, but I would like to be organic as much as possible. I want to try cloth diapers too, but we'll see. I figure I should wait until we have a baby and go with the flow lol

Nichole-I will anxiously be waiting to hear what the doc says. Don't be scared!

Morgan-I am hoping to do a water birth! I love the idea of a home birth/water birth. I am keeping an open mind incase I have any problems in my pregnancy or things change during labor, but I would really like to have one. I hate being on medicines that make me feel weird or numb. I also just want to be relaxed and comfortable.

Emily-I figure that's kind of how I will be too. I think it's hard to be completely organic and it can get expensive, but I would like to be organic as much as possible. I want to try cloth diapers too, but we'll see. I figure I should wait until we have a baby and go with the flow lol

Cloth diapering was never something that I considered. I watched my mom do it with my brother for a time, and I just remember her hating it...
But I think your go-with-flow attitude is what you need to have! Trying to force yourself to do things when they are not working causes so much unnecessary stress! Like I gave in to him taking a pacifier. It brought so much relief to us and I never regretted it.

My plan is to do a water birth with a midwife though I'm planning to do it in the birthing center at our hospital. That way if for some reason there's complications, we'll already be there. But I want to try and avoid intervention as much as possible. I know it's going to be hard because I honestly have a horrible pain tolerance but I want to really try and do it naturally for my babies. After watching the documentary The Business of Being Born I'm just really really put off by normal hospital births. Natural water birth with a midwife just makes so much more sense to me after hearing the statistics of interventions with doctors instead of midwives. Also, my coworker is a doula and said she'd be mine for free which is completely awesome.

I love The Business of Being Born! I've watched it several times and watched the new one where they have 4 different episodes. I also just watched Birth Story about Ina May and the farm. Depending on how my pregnancy goes I want to be at home. I may change my mind though. I've also seen Orgasmic Birth and heard about several women having orgasms during labor, so that's my new goal lol

I just figured up that I spend approximately $140 a month on baby making pills/supplies. That included my bloodwork which is about $30 each month. That's a lot...I think I need to cut back on some pills and try to find cheaper ways to help with fertility!

Hey ladies, I am back from the doctor and it went great. I REALLY liked her. She was so nice, informative, and attentive. She's hacing me me go back on cd3 to get some blood work done. She wants to run some labs to test for PCOS. She also prescribed me a round of clomid :happydance: and will be inducing AF next cycle with provera (I think that's what it's called). She was talking about trying to regulate me with that. I really hope all this works! I am feeling really confident and hopeful now :thumbup:. I might have to go in for the test to see if my tubes are blocked if no luck with clomid after 3-4 months. Hopefully we don't have to worry about that.

Julie- lol I loved it too! I've watched it a few times and I also watched the more business of being born episodes too. I try to get everyone to watch it lol. Yikes! That is a lot :/ hope you can figure out a good way to cut down the cost.

Nichole- so glad your new Dr. Worked out! It makes a huge difference to have a doctor that will give you the information and help that you need. Hope her help is the key to getting your bfp!

Mayb- I would say 9DPO is the earliest. 6-10 days for implantation and another 2-3 for the hCG to double enough for a FRER to detect.

Julie- Orgasmic birth, sounds good to me!! Def something to give a google ;)

So I left my OPK at work for the weekend.. Looks like I'll be buying a new kind.. :p Also, we just went and looked at a new house to rent.. Really cute.. And ready by Friday!! Ahh can't wait to get things back on track. And thank god we don't have to stay with in-laws any more!!!

Have a faaabulous weekend ladies! Off to have Japanese for dinner :)

still waiting to o over here. cd 18. so frustrating just waiting. temps are wonky up and down, but the ferning microscope still says NOTHING. blurgh.

keeping up with all you ladies is going to be tough.

Thanks for your input ladies! I hope you all had a great 4th! I am off for some bowling with my sister.

Ok so, apparently my opk from yesterday afternoon was actually positive when I went to look at it today.initially it looked more like the one from cd15 I guess these take more than 5 minutes. So I took another one this morning when my temp hadn't risen as much as I hoped and left it to look at when I got home and its positive too! So I still haven't O'ed! More BDing I suppose

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 7
Nichole - my only suggestion would be to have the HSG done sooner rather than later. You can "only" do clomid six cycles (because statistically after that if you are not pregnant, clomid isn't gonna do it, and also to avoid OHSS). That being said, you want to know your tubes are clear one or two cycles in, not three or four. And to add more on that, statistically women are more fertile after the HSG. My dr wanted to do it cycle one but I couldn't, so I had it done on my second clomid cycle.

Nicole, glad your appt went well. We'll be the clomid chicks...me, Julie, Mirolee, Nichole....all on clomid. It's gotta work for one of us right?

I am bummed that this cycle is most likely failed, but whatever. It's become the trend for me.

Nichole - my only suggestion would be to have the HSG done sooner rather than later. You can "only" do clomid six cycles (because statistically after that if you are not pregnant, clomid isn't gonna do it, and also to avoid OHSS). That being said, you want to know your tubes are clear one or two cycles in, not three or four. And to add more on that, statistically women are more fertile after the HSG. My dr wanted to do it cycle one but I couldn't, so I had it done on my second clomid cycle.

We went over my medical/menstrual history and the dr said there was nothing to indicate my tubes being blocked which is why she suggested waiting until after 3rd clomid cycle. I might bring it up again to her though. I wanted to avoid it and save myself the pain but you are right, I'd rather know and not potentially waste clomid cycles.

Rachel- sorry this cycle was a bust :hugs:

I am thankful to have you girls to talk to. Having someone who is going through the same thing as you helps so much. None of my friends have a clue. Their eyes glaze over when I talk to them about it. :haha:

hey ladies-

Nichole- nice job at the doc. excited to read about your journey.

Well, my mom is living with us. It isn't too bad. Sometimes we need a break but I think she knows that so she is making friends from meet up groups so we get a little time to just us. Anyways, she is looking for work and I think now that she is in my area (bigger population then where she was living) she will find a job faster. As for me, I am doing pretty good. Starting to feel better every day. Hope everyone had a wonderful 4th! PS. I found out my insurance will make me pay my deductible in 2013 AND 2014 (assuming I have my baby in Jan 2014 like expected)..... ugh..... try to have a baby in 1 insurance year! However the positive part is I need foot surgery to take a pin out of my foot, well since ill hit my 2014 deductible in Jan Ill most likely get the surgery done later in the year for FREE!

hey ladies-

Nichole- nice job at the doc. excited to read about your journey.

Well, my mom is living with us. It isn't too bad. Sometimes we need a break but I think she knows that so she is making friends from meet up groups so we get a little time to just us. Anyways, she is looking for work and I think now that she is in my area (bigger population then where she was living) she will find a job faster. As for me, I am doing pretty good. Starting to feel better every day. Hope everyone had a wonderful 4th! PS. I found out my insurance will make me pay my deductible in 2013 AND 2014 (assuming I have my baby in Jan 2014 like expected)..... ugh..... try to have a baby in 1 insurance year! However the positive part is I need foot surgery to take a pin out of my foot, well since ill hit my 2014 deductible in Jan Ill most likely get the surgery done later in the year for FREE!

oh my gosh both deductibles ?! that's insane!!! i'm so sorry about that. although a free foot surgery does make it look a little better :)

Nichole-Yay! I'm so excited for you! I really hope you get some answers from all this :)

Rachel-Add Sonia to the list of clomid girls lol Are we missing anyone?
Don't give up hope yet, your cycle isn't over...If it doesn't happen this cycle, you've got to be close!

Nikki-Boo for the insurance and the surgery, but yay for the free surgery lol I'm glad you and your mom are getting settled. Change is hard, but it takes time. She's lucky to have you :)

Ashlee-I bet your temp goes up some more tomorrow and then in a few days it will say that you either O'd today or tomorrow. Any day now...

Sorry ladies, were camping so I can't catch up entirely. I barely have enough service to do this! I have no clue whats going on with my cycle, and I haven't used any OPKs so maybe I just O'd late!

Anywho. I hope everyone had a great 4th, ill catch up when we get home tomorrow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->