First birthday and invites... would you bother?

Shabutie

Mum to Amara & #2 on way
Reaction score
Evening all,

So it's A's 1st birthday is in 6 weeks time, and I am doing a giraffe theme. THe problem I have, is that A doesnt really have any baby friends, as we dont go to any groups, and I dont have many friends, some of which live a good 4-5 hours drive away. So it isnt a party as such, but more 'today is her birthday, come along if you fancy celebrating it with us' it'll be in our house, which isnt the biggest. So would you bother sending invites out, or would you keep it quite intimate with just family and a few close friends?

I want her birthday to be extra special, but im just so unsure.

:flower:

I would send out invites to the people you want there as sometimes family members like to keep the invite as a keepsake and it's cute! Plus everything nowadays is done via email and texting and I like recieving proper invitations!

I love keeping cards/invites as keepsakes... thank you. :flower: My husband has a lot of friends, which I am slowly getting to know properly, but he is away for A's birthday and wondered if it'd be weird inviting them, I would only invite the ones who have met and bonded with A a little bit.

hiya! i had the same problem with dds 1st birthday as the only kids coming were family! i just got some personalised invites off ebay with her picture on and sent them to a few people, (most family just invited themselves!) but it was nice to send them thru the post to let people know about it!

i wouldnt go all out and get loads or anythin i think i got 15 n had a fair few left! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->