• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

First scan

i felt like a right muppet :) all i saw on it was 12 week scan printed really big and my name and address, i didnt bother readin the date :) morto :)

Had a blood test. Had a scan. I don't know the result of the blood yet but the scan looked good.
Baby measured at 9wks exactly. Heartbeat could be seen 174bpm! Such a relief. Still no clue on where the spotting is coming from but maybe I am just a bleeder.

:thumbup: the picture... you can just see the beginning of little limbs etc.:cloud9:

Attachments

• 9wk scan.jpg
    9wk scan.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 0
hurray libbysmum scan looks great xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yay Libbysmum! So happy for you to see your lil bubba and know that e everything is fine xx
Yay ErinsMummy , 31st Dec.... 20wks! Wow! 1/2 way there and you'll know whether your having a son or a daughter! How exciting! Xx

Good luck finding out earlier Lilesmom. I so hope you can find out sooner! I'd be booking a private scan.... Waiting til 24th Jan is such a long time to wait before seeing your LO again. Xxx

I find out gender on 9th jan not got a preference but I'm convinced it's a girl..so will be very shocked if boy but still happy nonetheless :D are you finding out bubsta? Do you have an idea already what you're having? x x

Erinsmummy glad you got a scan what a cute pic! x x

I am feeling slightly better. Still congested but not quite as exhausted. I think having yesterday, today and tomorrow off work is going to do wonders. I will be sitting around doing not much at all to hopefully enable me to cope at work next week (which should be a very busy week).
I am SO finding out if bubba is a boy to girl. I CAN'T wait to find out! Lol. I think secretly I would like another little girl.... But having said that, I won't be disappointed with a boy. It would be great to have a sis for my DD, but on the other side it would be great to have one of each. 3wks to go. (You better co-operate bubba and show your goods! Lol) it will e a lovely Christmas pressie (19th Dec). We might hold off on telling the parents what it will be until Christmas d
Eve or day. Xx

Same...can hardly wait to find out gender. Got a while to wait and I don't really mind if it is a boy or a girl as long as it is healthy. Have asked DH to pick out some names but he doesn't want to until he knows the gender. He is hoping for a boy since we already have a lovely girl.

Here is a random question... Anyone else feel like they've been doing sit ups? (Without having done any?)

Here is a random question... Anyone else feel like they've been doing sit ups? (Without having done any?)

yup think its just muscles moving and accomadating bub :)
our muscles prob have to do more work to hold our expanding tummy too maybe ? :)

hi guys :)
i borrowed a doppler off my bro and Sil :)
i spent ages trying to find hb :) but then....
the doppler died , i changed d batteries and found it fast enough :)
yey, 166 :) xxxxxxxxxx
whoop whoop :)

Yay Lilesmom! How cool! I just this LO to start moving! I know I'll probably have a while to wait yet but I'm so keen! Xxx

How exciting! You girls are a bit further along than me so I get to hear all the wonderful things I still have to look forward to.
I am suppose to go back to Doctor today for my follow up blood test results and to show the Dr my scan photos etc...but my Toddler has crashed and is taking a nap. So I may have to reschedule.

Yay for the Doppler :) I kept meaning to get one but now I can feel baby moving so guesse there's no point! Movements r getting stronger and more frequent every day. Just can't wait for 20 week scan end of this month. I really really can't wait to have this baby, we started trying when lo was 1, and she's 3 now so just long time coming! What are your ladies journeys with ttc? Hope u don't mind me asking? :) x

bubsta im sure i can feel slight movement sometimes, very light and not often but im sure i can :)
cant wait for proper moving :) where me and Oh can feel it :)

libbysmum, i presume libby is ur toddler? would she wake if u moved her yeah?
i know i have one nephew in aprticualre who is 2.5 and u coudl nearly throw him on the roof while asleep and he would stay asleep :) ha ha

erinsmum im not sure how much back ground u want , ha ha . il give u condensed version :) and i totally dont mind. :)
this will be my first bub i hope but second preg. :)
had mmc in may at 10.5 weeks but bub had stopped progressing at 7.5 weeks , they just could see properly.
tryint for my first baby, we caught on third month.
after d and e , i had liver problems and had to wait 3 months to get um checked out :)
we were told on my bday 6th sep that my liver prob wast the more serious problems they thought it might be , so we decided to go ahead with ttc. :)
that was cd12, on cd 26 of a 28 day cycle i got faint pos :)
so we were trying for 14 days this time, :) think it may be a record :) ha ha
was delighted :)
but totally nervous, since 12 w scan ive realxed soooo much and feel normal now again xxxx

I'm so jealous of the movements girls, lol. But it gives me something to look forward to. If you can both feel it then I can hope that maybe in a couple of weeks I will be able to as well. Xxx

It was a long time coming for you ErinsMummy. It will be here before you know it! Xxx

My journey... I'll start at the beginning (condensed). We conceived our first but sadly lost in April 06. Right after, I then found out I was sick (Graves Disease - thyroid) and had to take toxic meds and wasn't allowed to conceive for 12 months (which was just horrible at the time). Once we were given the all clear, we probably fell within 2months. 9 months later our beautiful daughter was born (march08). 8 months later (my 2nd day back at work from maternity leave) I got hit by a car (4wd ute actually). I felt ok until a couple of days after and my back started playing up. My back has always been bad but I think this made it worse. X-ray showed a broken bone in my lower back but we don't know if this was a pre-existing injury. So, I was on pain meds for a bit (too long to be honest). So for a couple of reasons I was too scared to try again. After getting off the hideous pain killers, we started to NTNP (I was so scared of what pregnancy would do to my back - still am to be truthful. With my DD my back had to be taped everyday and I really suffered - and that was BEFORE being hit by a car). We fell maybe 6 months later. I was terrified for the first week or two. (There were times when i deliberately said no to DTD because it was too close to possible ovulation. other times we just risked it) I wasn't really expecting it to happen... But once I got used to the idea, I was thrilled. So excited! I was so gutted to have that first scan and find it was a blighted ovum. Soo, I had one AF and then viola! Here I am.

Sorry it's long.... So yes, it generally doesn't take long for us to fall.... It's just all the bullish!t that happened in between that made this journey so long. Xxxxx

Sometimes the baby is hard to feel move because of the position of your placenta.
This was the case for me with my first (Libby- and yes she is my toddler). My placenta was way at the front so each time she moved the placenta acted like a cushion and I felt nothing. It was after the 20wk scan that I finally felt her move or should I say kick and punch the heck out of me! Then she kept that up for the rest of the pregnancy.
We had planned to wait until she turned 1 before deciding to TTC and then took a vacation when she was 10mths old and we were not being careful and some time on our 3 week vacations we got pregnant I didn't even realize until the baby was about 6wks along. I was really worrying cause I had had alcohol and crap foods while on vacations but we saw a little heart beat at 6wks and 3 days ultrasound. However at 11wks I was having spotting and we had another scan and found there was no heartbeat. A bit like Lils mum the baby had stopped developing around 7wks and1 day and I had not known that I had a missed miscarriage.
Then we were told by the nurse at the EPU to wait once cycle before we tried again. We decided just to wait til I stopped the bleeding. I had one AF then found out we were pregnant with this one.
It has been really hard to feel too excited about it because I have had spotting on and off and am always thinking the worst in the back of my mind. I got to run she just peed on the floor!

Thank u for sharing, really sorry for all your losses :( i always thought when u wanted a baby, u just stopped protection and it happens! How wrong was I! I had 2 miscarriages while we were trying, I did think for a while we wouldn't be able to have a child of our own (lo is from a previous relationship) I met my husband wen she was very young.

I'm trying to convince hubby to go to bed now, my mum offered to have lo tonight but dh made a fuss saying he wanted to spend tomorrow together so yes fair enough but he's not the one pregnant and has to get up early with lo! He lies in the cheeky bugger! I'm knackered lol it's 11pm here !x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->