First time IVF Buddies

Hi Tootsi! I'm currently stimming for IVF #2 since we had no frosties. Doing short protocol this time though in the hopes of getting more eggs. Was at my 1st scan on the 7th and she saw 6-7 follies total so here's hoping! I'm taking 300 IU Bemfola and will start taking Cetrotide on the 12th to prevent early O. Going in for my next scan on the 13th.

How are you doing?

Hi Kat,

I'm ok, we have started our FET so I'm on my 8th day of injecting my down regs. Im just waiting for my next period to start so I can start my tablets.

I have two little frosties so hoping that everything goes to plan and they get popped back in on the 25th of Jan. Praying it works this time.

Really hope it all goes well for you too. Keep me updated xx

Hi everyone I am about to start on my first IVF cycle. I will start Jan 24th with BCP & lupron. We are also doing PGD so the whole process will take awhile. I am excited but nervous about injecting myself. So now I'm impatiently waiting to begin everything. I just want it to get here and begin everything. I have my sonohysterogram tomorrow too.

Hi Kat,

I'm ok, we have started our FET so I'm on my 8th day of injecting my down regs. Im just waiting for my next period to start so I can start my tablets.

I have two little frosties so hoping that everything goes to plan and they get popped back in on the 25th of Jan. Praying it works this time.

Really hope it all goes well for you too. Keep me updated xx

You're so lucky to be able to do an FET, wish it was me so I could avoid going through another ER :wacko:

So you're getting both frosties put back in? Hope it works for you! I already know they'll only put 1 2 Day embie back in like they did last time.

FXed for you as well :dust: You too:winkwink:

Hi danser, good luck with your journey. Try not to be nervous after you have done your first couple of injections you'll get used to it, it becomes quite natural after a while.

Kat I'm really hoping this FET does work, the thought of having to start again from scratch and do another egg retrieval kills me but needs must if we want our dreams to come true.

I never got the option to put more than 1 in on my fresh cycle but I think they defrost two just in case one doesn't survive the thaw.

At the minute I'm waiting for my next period but it's no where in sight. It took a lot longer for things to start working for me the first time round so it doesn't surprise me that it isn't running smoothly this time. Hopefully the wait will be worth it xx

Kat I'm really hoping this FET does work, the thought of having to start again from scratch and do another egg retrieval kills me but needs must if we want our dreams to come true.

I never got the option to put more than 1 in on my fresh cycle but I think they defrost two just in case one doesn't survive the thaw.

At the minute I'm waiting for my next period but it's no where in sight. It took a lot longer for things to start working for me the first time round so it doesn't surprise me that it isn't running smoothly this time. Hopefully the wait will be worth it xx

Yeah it's not fun to have to start from scratch:nope:

Ah OK, it's just that some say they get 2 put back in (also for FETs) so thought maybe you were doing that as well. What if they both survive though, do they try putting both back in or....?

Hoping your AF soon shows up so you can get started:flower:

AFM had my 5th Bemfola injection and started having twinges in my left ovary tonight. Hoping all the follies in there are making nice eggs and that the right ovary will soon start twinging as well. Start my Cetrotide injections tomorrow night:wacko:

Hey ladies, ive been lurking! Currently waiting on my cycle review before starting cycle 2. Im putting it off until at least april so enjoying this much needed break. I began taking coq10 last week in preparation so im really hoping to get more than 5 blastocysts biopsied next time and hopefully more healthy :thumbup:

Good luck with your fet tootsi & fingers crossed kat for your next cycle x

Danser, the injections are so easy...you're gonna do just fine 😉

Hey ladies, ive been lurking! Currently waiting on my cycle review before starting cycle 2. Im putting it off until at least april so enjoying this much needed break. I began taking coq10 last week in preparation so im really hoping to get more than 5 blastocysts biopsied next time and hopefully more healthy :thumbup:

Good luck with your fet tootsi & fingers crossed kat for your next cycle x

Danser, the injections are so easy...you're gonna do just fine 😉

Hey Rachy:flower: Here's hoping the Coq10 helps! I've been taking Royal Jelly since about 3 months before my 1st IVF as I've heard that it also helps.

Thanks!

And I agree on the FSH injections, those are easy since they're normally in the form of a pen.

AFM taking my very 1st shot of Cetrotide tonight and going in for my next scan tomorrow. Been feeling twinges since last night so here's hoping all 6-7 follies are of a good size.

Just wanted to come and say GL to you all. Hoping 2016 is you're year, which I am sure will be :) xx

Thanks Rachy

I start the Lupron next weekend, then for stims I am doing menopur.

There are so many steps to this all I am getting pretty impatient. I just want to start, impatience has never been a strong suit for me though.

So just got back from my 2nd scan and there are 4 follies like last time:dohh: They measured 10, 11, 12 and 13 mm while my lining is 7 mm I think. The RE doesn't think any more follies will show up. But she still seemed pretty confident as she said that although I also had 4 last time, I also got 3 good quality eggs out of it. She's keeping me on the 300 IU Bemfola (and of course continue with the Cetrotide) and I go in again on Friday (January 15th).

So FXed all the eggs are of great quality:flower:

Hey Rachy, a break will do you the world of good. I'm kinda glad my clinic makes you have a 6 week break, gives you chance to get back on your feet and your body rested for the next go.

If both eggs thaw ok then they'll both get popped back in. The thought of twins makes me smile, crazy I know ha xx

If both eggs thaw ok then they'll both get popped back in. The thought of twins makes me smile, crazy I know ha xx

Ah OK, here's hoping that both thaw ok for you then:winkwink:

Any one also doing PGS/PGD?

Nope, my clinic sees no need for it at the moment :nope:

AFM these Cetrotide injections are annoying, I get really itchy at the injection site for 1-1½ hours:wacko:

Going in for a scan tomorrow so hoping things sson look good for an ER although I'm not looking forward to the actual ER :nope:

Any one also doing PGS/PGD?

I am. Im testing for a single gene mutation that causes Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy. I have it and so do my 2 children.

Tootsi, i feel amazing now that im not currently cycling. I have my review appointment in just over 2 weeks then I can book back in with our nurse to book a biopsy slot for our next go. I couldn't imagine having twins, 1 is more than enough for me x

So got back from my scan and everything looks good although I might only end up with 3 follies of the right size at ER (so pretty much same situation as for IVF #1) but the RE said we'll see. I go in for one last scan on Sunday and she's 99% sure my ER will be on Tuesday:thumbup:

Girls I just have to share this with you.

So I was suppose to start bleeding within 10 days of starting my injections and I never the nurse told me to give it a couple of days to see if it turned up and is there any chance I could be pregnant!!!! Only turns out I am. I got a positive last night, although I talked myself into thinking that it wasn't as the line was so faint so I did another this morning and there it was clear as day, a positive result.

I so want to be excited but I can't be, after everything that has happened in the past I just expect the worst to happen. I know I need to stay positive but it's never worked in the past. All I can do is take ot one day at a time and hope that it's our time.

I already feel like my period is in its way so not holding much hope. Just had to tell someone ha.

Kat thats great news it only takes 1 egg so let's hope one of them.is the one.

Zelly it's lovely to hear from you hope it's all going good for you.

Rachy glad your feeling good, you'll be all refreshed for your next go xx

Congrats Tootsi, sending super sticky dust your way :dust: :dust:

Thanks, yeah I'm hoping one of them is the one, as is my DH and also the RE:winkwink: Would still be good to have a couple of frosties though.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->