• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

First time IVF Buddies

All it takes is one sperm!! And 13 may just be a lucky number for you, I hope so anyway.

Hope you and Rachy feeling better soon. And I hope all the rest of the first time ivf buddies are doing well xxx

Hi amanda,

Glad all went well with EC and they found 13 eggs! Get lots of rest and feel better.

Hey ladies!

Just got the call, transfer is today! (3 day)
There is 1 excellent quality embryo that they will transfer, and another 4 medium quality that they will wait to see if they get to day 5 and then freeze if they've reached blast stage. Trying not to get TOO excited, it IS only my first cycle, but fingers and toes crossed!

Hope everyone else is getting along ok :)

Good luck Amanda!!!! So exciting!

Congratulations on being pupo Amanda :happydance:

We had our day 6 update today. Of our 11 embryos, 5 made it to blastocyst and have been biopsied & frozen 😊 x

Hey girls that's great news for you both.

Hope it went well today. My fingers and toes are crossed for you Amanda.

My egg collection is on Wednesday had a few good size follicles today on my scan so it's all systems go. Really nervous about it all xx

Wow, there's a lot going on here!

amanda, best of luck with the transfer!!

rachy, 5 frozen blasts is amazing! How is the OHSS? Are you feeling better?

tootsi, good luck with ER on Wednesday. Stay positive :)

Fantastic tootsi, good luck. Dont be nervous, stay as calm as you can for your embabies :thumbup:

Im still poorly, I just want af to show now 😢
The clexane injections sting like hell and leave mega bruises. Im still massively bloated and nauseous but the pain is beginning to subside. Xx

Hey ladies. So much is going on in this thread. All exciting...

I am still waiting patiently for AF she should have been here Monday but could be anything up until Sat xx

OK so was at that meeting on Monday and it turned out they only talked about IVF and ICSI the whole 1½ hours. Plus we were like 20-30 couples so there wasn't time for individual sessions. They then ended the whole thing with saying they'd give each of us a call in 2-3 weeks:wacko: I was spotting that day so knew AF was going to turn up the day after and wanted to get started on something. So went home upset that I'd be going through another natural cycle.

Then yesterday they suddenly called me and said everything looked fine, they weren't missing any of my results and wanted me to start the long protocol IVF. She then asked when my next AF was and I said it was that day. She told me to call the secretary within the next couple of days to schedule my CD19-20 scan (where I'll also get my meds for downregulation). So calling today:thumbup:

Hi girls, quick update. Had my egg collection and they managed to get 24 eggs. Really pleased with that. We have to wait till tomorrow to see how many get fertilised then on Saturday they'll tell us when they will put one back in.

It's all go. Just chilling in the hotel room. It wasnt a great experience but not as bad as I thought. The drugs were good ha.

Rachy how are you feeling? Amanda how are doing ?

Congratulations Kat, welcome to this amazing journey xx

Yeah, the drugs are great eh? It definitely isn't fun, but funny how we work ourselves up soooo much, and then in the end, it isn't as bad.
I'm doing alright, feel pretty much back to normal, I literally spent 2 full days after my er on the couch, eating comfort food and drinking lots, no TONS, of water and gatorade (was really worried about OHSS). I'm crampy and bloated, but I think now it's more a side effect of all the progesterone and estrogen I'm taking. Got the call today that one of our other embryos made it to day 5 so they will freeze it! Also, there are a couple others that they are going to give one more day. Really hoping the one they transferred is strong and sticks!

Take it easy! Try not to stress too much, I know it's hard, but honestly just take tylenol, and take it SUPER easy the next 2 days. Time for lots of movies and relaxing :)

Hi girls, quick update. Had my egg collection and they managed to get 24 eggs. Really pleased with that. We have to wait till tomorrow to see how many get fertilised then on Saturday they'll tell us when they will put one back in.

It's all go. Just chilling in the hotel room. It wasnt a great experience but not as bad as I thought. The drugs were good ha.

Rachy how are you feeling? Amanda how are doing ?

Congratulations Kat, welcome to this amazing journey xx

That's great news, Tootsi! Congrats on a successful ER and take it easy for the next couple of days.

Yeah, the drugs are great eh? It definitely isn't fun, but funny how we work ourselves up soooo much, and then in the end, it isn't as bad.
I'm doing alright, feel pretty much back to normal, I literally spent 2 full days after my er on the couch, eating comfort food and drinking lots, no TONS, of water and gatorade (was really worried about OHSS). I'm crampy and bloated, but I think now it's more a side effect of all the progesterone and estrogen I'm taking. Got the call today that one of our other embryos made it to day 5 so they will freeze it! Also, there are a couple others that they are going to give one more day. Really hoping the one they transferred is strong and sticks!

Take it easy! Try not to stress too much, I know it's hard, but honestly just take tylenol, and take it SUPER easy the next 2 days. Time for lots of movies and relaxing :)

Lots of baby dust to you, amanda! Fingers crossed for a sticky one!

OK so was at that meeting on Monday and it turned out they only talked about IVF and ICSI the whole 1½ hours. Plus we were like 20-30 couples so there wasn't time for individual sessions. They then ended the whole thing with saying they'd give each of us a call in 2-3 weeks:wacko: I was spotting that day so knew AF was going to turn up the day after and wanted to get started on something. So went home upset that I'd be going through another natural cycle.

Then yesterday they suddenly called me and said everything looked fine, they weren't missing any of my results and wanted me to start the long protocol IVF. She then asked when my next AF was and I said it was that day. She told me to call the secretary within the next couple of days to schedule my CD19-20 scan (where I'll also get my meds for downregulation). So calling today:thumbup:

Welcome to the world of IVF, Kat! Best of luck :)

Hi all, so so out of my 24 eggs 11 fertilised. They will ring us Saturday to let is know whether we have to go in Saturday or Monday for egg transfer. I hope we get a good survival rate from now to then.

How is everyone else ? xx

Fantastic number tootsi, we had 11 fertilised too with 5 high quality frozen blastocysts 👍

Grow embabies, Grow! xx

Woohoo, tootsi. Great to hear! Sending good thoughts your way :)

My doc just confirmed I'm doing the trigger tonight and retrieval on Saturday. Holy cow, this is really happening!!

Woohoo, tootsi. Great to hear! Sending good thoughts your way :)

My doc just confirmed I'm doing the trigger tonight and retrieval on Saturday. Holy cow, this is really happening!!

So exciting!!!!!! Good luck!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->