First Time IVF cycles...looking for a buddy

Good luck! I think what makes it even more bearable is knowing it's the last step before you get to start all the real fun.

Holly, did you receive your hysteroscopy results during that appointment or did you have to wait to get them?

Boopin, I had a hysteroscopy done to remove polyps, and it was way easier than expected. They game me some good drugs, and I just kept talking to the nurse saying it wasn't as bad as expected. ER was so much worse for me (but still totally manageable). Walked outta there an hour later and just took it easy for a week. The procedure really just felt like awful pms cramps, and they gave me Advil about an hour before. After the procedure, the heating pad was my best friend, so make sure you have one of those and you'll be good :) as for results, he was able to tell me everything looked good, but since it was only to remove polyps, they weren't really checking for anything else, so it depends what you're having the procedure for. If it's just to take a look around, he should be able to tell you right away. Try not to worry about it too much! You'll do great!

Thanks Holly and Amanda for sharing your stories!! :flower:

I'm going for a diagnostic hysteroscopy (to evaluate the inside of my uterus) to make sure its healthy enough to carry a pregnancy. All of my other tests have been fine up to this point, with the exception that I have DOR.

I'm praying that I'm cleared for my 1st DE IVF cycle. I already have my donor matched and I'm ready to get this show on the road!! :haha:

I'll keep you guys posted. And I'm definitely going to get a heating pad!! LOL!!

Hi ladies,

I have some great news!! My uterus is clear of any abnormalities and measured 8 cm. The doc gave me the green light for IVF. The procedure wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I was awake for the entire procedure. I received a shot of Toradol, a Valium and a Vicodin before hand. I felt minimal cramping. It was over in 10-15 minutes.

DB had paperwork to sign, genetic blood work and a back-up semen collection. I'm so elated that all our testing is complete and now we can move forward. :yipee:

I hope everyone else is doing well, too!! :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"