First trimester after ivf or fet?

Had u/s today. All good. Hb good, baby is very active. What a relief! :)

That's great Disturbia! How far are you?
I'm in the waiting room waiting for mine now. Eeks!

Here are the babes, one was kicking the other in the head. they are getting big!

Attachments

• photo-4.JPG
    photo-4.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 1
Congrats girls on all the positive ultrasound results good to hear!

I wont get to see bubs till 20 week scan now! :(
Next appointment is on Friday with the obstetrician at the hospital. Also, another blood test next week for thyroid and endocrine doc on thursday! Keeps me busy!

Stupid question, when are we officially out of the First trimester? 12 weeks or 13 weeks?

I was wondering too but my dr says 13 weeks starts second trimester.

Great news for you too lanet! It's amazing to see what the baby is doing. I'm 11 weeks now.
I heard 2nd trimester begins at week 13 but I also heard change of m/c reduces after week 14 not 12.

Ladies, when did/ will you stop your meds? My paper from my RE said 10 weeks but he keeps me taking it until 12 weeks. I asked the nurse today, she said keep taking meds until 13 weeks or up to my obgyn discretion. All this time, my obgyn supplied me with these meds as I requested. I'm sure she will stop meds if I said to use her discretion as she had said before she is wondering why I am still in these meds but she followed my RE instruction. I'm confused now. Did you just stop or you wean off?

I weaned from weeks 8-9 and RE told me to stop at 9. She said the placenta would be making it's own.
However I had bleeding from the sch so ob asked me to keep taking progesterone only for 2 weeks, so I stopped completely at 11 weeks. And I did FET so I wasn't producing any on my own until babies started to.

Thanks lanet. I am on higher dosage since I was spotting a little bit at 5w+5d and 6w due to small sch and since 7w+2d my obgyn saw no sch in my uterus anymore. It's difficult to communicate since I did ivf overseas. I did fet too. I'm 11w+3d today. I think I will wean myself starting tomorrow. Return to normal dosage before I spotted. My supply will then finish at 12w+4d. A bit nervous though to be off meds.

I think you are well into the time to be off and it shouldn't be a problem, but I was nervous too.

Disturbia I was nervous as well. The good news is that even though you don't really need the meds extra progesterone won't hurt anything either. Since I worry about everything even though they said I could stop they also said I could take it as long as I want to if it made me feel better. Then we went ahead and tested my prog levels and they convinced me that it couldn't possibly be that high from the meds that I was making it on my own. Just hypothetically let's say the meds would make your level 20 and your level is 50 then you obviously don't need them anymore so maybe a quick test would help allay your fears : )

Thanks Peachy. I just booked for progresterone test this afternoon. Did you say progresterone level from meds is 20? Is it every women? Is this regardsless the dosage? Sorry, I'm confused.

No the dosage would make it vary that's why I was giving a hypothetical example. Your doctor will be able to tell you what yours would be around based on what you take. I'm sure everything will be great but I hope it puts your mind at ease so you can relax : )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->