First trimester after ivf or fet?

Thanks Pisces but my next u/s is on Tues at 8 weeks I had my first ob this last Tues. I of course am nervous for next week. How have you been feeling?

Hi Peachy, Good to hear all is well, how did your obst appoint go? All is well, I have an appointment on Monday with the GP to see if I need anymore blood tests. I wont have my next us till 12 weeks.

Have you girls thought about getting the maternal blood screening test at 10 weeks, which checks for likelihood of down syndrome, etc?

I think I have decided not to take the test as I don't want to stress myself out and I will love the baby regardless if it has a disability or not. It was hard enough to get pregnant with this one! Have you girls had any thoughts on this?

Pisces I think peachy is thinking about doing that test. I haven't decided yet, I have my first OB appt this morning so I'm guessing we will talk about it then. I'm excited! I love baby dr appts. I also want to know what to expect with twins, how early is consider full term? Will I have extra appts?
The medicine she gave me to take at night is really helping with my sickness. Although this morning if was rough choking down my breakfast. I need a fridge in my bedroom, downstairs is a long way to go when you wake up sick!
I'll let you know what I think about the blood test after I hear more about it:)

Lanet I don't know that the test would be available to you because there's 2. It's a blood test that tests from what baby secretes into your blood and since you have 2 you would have it from both. Pisces I am going to do that test and will probably test for gender at the same time. I read about the things they test for including down syndrome and my thoughts on it have a changed a bit. It's a very tough decision no matter what.

It is a tough decision either way. OH doesn't want to spend $ on tests, so the blood test is out as it would cost us $1k CAD. The NT scan for us is covered but neither of us liked just getting back odds and being stressed out about it. So, unless the new OB we meet next Wed has some better insight or can sway us, we probably won't be doing it.
I'd love to just find out the gender through a blood test though :)

Wow, thats amazing I didn't realise you could find out gender so early with the blood test!

Is anyone hoping for a boy or girl or happy either way? I think we would love to have a little girl but will be happy with a boy just as much!

Let us know how your appointment goes Lanet!

Yes, I agree is such a tough decision either way. I guess after talking to the GP I will get more insight about the test but my gut feel is not to stress myself as I'm such a worry wort and don't wont to stress for the next 9 months as I know I could not do any further diagnosis tests to be 1o0% sure due to small increased risk of miscarriage.

I just need a healthy baby so it doesn't matter to me. How about you?

We would love a little girl but would be happy with a boy either way. Yes, a happy and healthy baby!

If I get a baby at the end of this pregnancy, no we wont be doing ivf again, happy with one.
We only got one embryo to transfer with this cycle so have no frosties, so makes our decision easy.

What about you? do you have more frosties? or would go through ivf for a sibling?

Hi girls. Appt was fine. They couldn't see baby b very well, she wasn't worried sincey RE just saw both heartbeats 2 days ago and this was just a portable ultrasound machine so not nearly as clear. So my next scan is Wednesday. I can't wait until they're big enough to be easily seen every time.
I declined the genetic testing. The dr said it can show false positives, can be confusing with twins, and if I wasn't planning on pursuing any questionable results with amnio then it would be pointless.
As for gender preference I want healthy babies! Of course one of each would be awesome! Dd and dh want boys, I joke that because they say that, we will have 2 girls.
I'm not sure why my body reacts to pregnancy by wanting to pass out or puke and constant hot flashes, but it makes work really tough and I'm looking forward to when hormones level out a bit.

We are leaning towards wanting a boy this time. I have an older daughter from before, and oh has helped raise her since she was 11. Oh thinks a boy would be easier, but then I look at my nephews and cringe sometimes...
But in all honesty, we'd just like one healthy baby regardless of gender.
I'd like to have another after this one, but it sort of depends on expenses and what not. Oh is sort of on board with that, but says lets just see how 1 is first...

I get to stop my meds today, no more estrace and crinone! Sort of nervous about it, but was reassured that the placenta starts to take over. Glad there is an u/s booked next Friday. Wish I could get scan every 2 weeks...

River that's great that you get to stop your meds! My butt is incredibly sore and running out of places to inject. I won't get to stop until 10 weeks because I did fet, so I'm not producing any hormones on my own. 3 weeks 1 day left!
I bet your ultrasound this week will look so different and baby will be much bigger!

Had the u/s today - baby now looks like a gummy bear and all is still well :)

I was getting worried because since I stopped the meds, I have alot less nausea - as in, almost normal feeling, and my bloating is starting to go away at least in the mornings. So it was soo reassuring to see the little gummy bear and know bear is measuring right on track.
I still have sore bbs, and do still feel tired (OH even asked the doc if it was normal, and he assured him it was very normal)

We have been released from the fs clinic now :)

River that's fabulous! Having that reassurance is wonderful. I worry too because the nausea goes away and so my sore bb's. I think poking them to check sometimes makes them sore again : ). When do you go back?

River that's great news! I was wondering about you today. And I get to stop my meds in 10 days, maybe I'll get some relief from the nausea then too! I'm glad to hear everything is going well.

Hi girls, good to hear all is well. I was getting stressed too that I don't seem to have sore boobs anymore either! So, glad I'm not alone!

Had my GP visit so further tests urine and checking of bloods for irons levels. Also, get bloods on Wed for thyroid, so hopefully that is going well too! Go back at 10 weeks and had a call from the midwife, so I'm booked in to see at 12 weeks, also next scan for me will be at 12 weeks +5 days which feels like ages away!

I don't have another scan until I am 18weeks! Soooo long away! Apparently I'll get a letter in the mail with the date and instructions. We opted not to do the NT scan, since it would just stress me out.

It seems I'll be seeing our new OB at least monthly to start off, and they have a doppler to try and hear the heartbeat if we want. The first visit was just a history taking, the next visit they do a full physical (Aug 27th).

Of course, I dunno if I really want to wait that long, maybe a private scan before then?

When do you ladies go back?

I go back next Friday, but only because baby b wasn't showing up on the ob ultrasound, although he showed up fine again at the RE Wednesday. She said he's just farther away from the probe. So after that scan I'm not sure how often I will come in. I'm released from the RE now.

How are you girls? It's been awhile, any new updates or appts? I'm still going every 2 weeks, bc I had a major bleed the day before my appt last time so they are watching it for me, but really I think they are just trying to reassure me that the babies are ok. Which I love.
Peachy has a scan today. Can't wait to hear!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->