First trimester screening tomm! nervous!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by mjt11907, Dec 14, 2009.

1. mjt11907

mjt11907 3rd Trimester!!!!! yaya!

so ladies as of today im like 13 weeks according to doc and just heading into 12 weeks by my last ultrasound... i have what is called first trimester screening tommrow... i dont no if u ladies have heard of it but in case u havent its just some tests to see the chances of the baby haven downs or any other medical issues... not like the amnio tho... its a lil different... but neways so ill be getting my first ultrasound sinces i was 7 weeks and although i have had no sign of nething being wrog im soo nervous that something will be wrong!... after my miscarriage earlier this year i cant help it!!!... im trying to stay as calm and collected as possible but its sooo hard.. im afraid that i will go to the ultrasound tommro and there will be no heart beat!!! :cry: but i dont no maybe im just overreacting!.... its my first baby! and we are soo in love with the LO already it will kill me if something is wrong tommro!!... sorry i guess i just neeeded some where to come and rant a lil .... thanks ladies

2. NeyNey

NeyNey Love My IVF Munchkin

:hugs: Try to breathe honey....I'm sure things will go ok, will be thinking of you tomorrow

3. mjt11907

Thank u my app is in a few hours praying all goes well!!

4. ttcbambino#1

ttcbambino#1 Mummy to 2 monkeys

Hope it all goes well, which I'm sure it will. I know it's easier said than done, I had an early scan at 8+2 and I keep having moments where I'm convinced something will be wrong at the 12 weeks scan, but like yourself not had any sign that there is a problem. I think it's natural to worry cos we love our little beans so much.

5. mjt11907

thank u ladies soo much... sorry it took me a while to get back on the internet was acting up.. but i went and everything was great!!!!! baby is measureing 12weeks so im back to june 29th duedate instead of the 20th.... the heartbeat was 160bpm and i almost cried wen the baby moved around... she pushed really hard on my belly and baby started swing its fists and kicken its feet!!...it was soo amazen!!... i am like soo happy i havent been able to take the smile off my face since yesterday!! i have to go back beg. of janurary for a lil more blood work and my 20 week scan is scheduled for feburary 9th!!!! im so excited i can hardley wait!!! i wanna no what we r haven!!... i have a picture from yesterday buti dont no how to get it up so wen i figure it out ill post it!!

6. mjt11907

7. lauralora

lauralora Well-Known Member

im really pleased for you hun! congrats on your healthy baby xxxx

btw do you mind me asking if you had any crampy feelings around 11 weeks 5 days? its my 12 week scan on thursday and like u im sooo nervous there wont be a HB as i dont feel much, how did you feeel? be great for any advice, thanks xxxxx

8. bunnyg82

bunnyg82 Mum to 2 gorgeous boys

Aww so glad everything went well x

9. kc1980

kc1980 Well-Known Member

hi mjt11907 -
    My EDD is also 29 June & i have my 12 week scan tomorrow! Super nervous too! did you not have an NT scan? i couldn't see your pic - would love to!

hi lauralora -
    i am 12 weeks today & I don't have any more cramping. I think it's just at the begining of the 1st trimester when the uterus is growing, maybe there's enough room in there now for the bean? & i don't know, maybe the cramping comes back when the bean grows some more...
    I have a little MS but not much else as far as symptoms. I am very "aware" of my belly, if that makes sense. It's sticking out a bit and I do try to hold it in at work because no one knows yet. And I have noticed in the morning that I can no longer stretch when I wake up. my usual reflex is to put my arms above my head and arch my back a little - but now it's uncomfortable.