For those in limbo...

Thanks Maryanne that does give me hope. Could they measure your sac? They said mine was really small.

They said it measured around 5+3 weeks but I was 6 +1 and had spotting so I was honestly terrified. But at my next scan baby measured a day ahead. I think in the beginning some babies just take longer to get started. It makes sense why so many clinics won't scan before 8 weeks. I wish I'd never had my 6 week scan, caused more worry than anything else.

Yes I know what you mean! If I'd never had bleeding I would not be worrying and just be waiting for 12 week scan! I don't think my numbers are doing too well tho, they are doubling around every 80 hours so not looking good xx

Will keep everything crossed for you! I'm sure baby will surprise you and be fine! Lovely bunch of ladies here, kept me going when I most needed it! x

Been away a few days, only just caught up with this thread. Jersey, how far along did you think you was? I thought i was 6+2 at my first scan but they put me back to 5+ they saw sac and something else, they said probably yolksac but it was small and no baby. 2 weeks later everything was there. My hospital also wouldnt scan me unless my bloods were over 1000 x

I just got back from my appt. Saw baby in sac and small yolk sac. We could hear the heartbeat and saw the flashing or pulsing of the heartbeat on the little smear that was the baby. They did not do any blood work and did not get me any specific measurements or heartbeat times. But I am super excited!!

Congrats! it is such a relief when youve been in limbo isnt it :flower:

Been away a few days, only just caught up with this thread. Jersey, how far along did you think you was? I thought i was 6+2 at my first scan but they put me back to 5+ they saw sac and something else, they said probably yolksac but it was small and no baby. 2 weeks later everything was there. My hospital also wouldnt scan me unless my bloods were over 1000 x

Thanks leafy, I thought I was 6 weeks. It's not looking good as numbers aren't doubling as they should and still spotting! We shall see xx

Jersey - So what measurement qualifies as a "small sac"? At this point how big should the sac be? Hopefully, you are not as far off as you think and the baby and sac will "catch-up." Thinking of you and praying for you and baby.

Maybe I am in he right thread now

Pleas shed light mamas

I had my last period start on December 24 2014 for 7 days

I had some spotting January 26 2015

I had a scan on Monday ( feb 9) and blood work also.
The HCG levels were at 10,000.
so based on that we were expecting to see a fetal pole and Heartbeat.

I had a SCAN and then an INTERAL Scan....
NO Pole No Heartbeat... just a sac.

Im not bleeding... but bloated dizzy crampy.... DR did urine and blod work. ruled out bladder infections or kidney liver issues.

I thought by this stage they would find a Heartbeat or at least more than a SAC....

help... the internet is so conflicting...I need to her from REAL MOMS who know.
please

Congrats adr! :happydance:

Jersey: I've heard of some success stories with slow rising hcg. It's still rising, so that's a good thing! And what everyone is saying about the minimum hcg in which they usually see something is 1000 - 1500, so it could just be likely that your levels aren't high enough yet to see much. Thinking of you and still thinking positive thoughts for you :hugs:

Ethanandella: There is some hope! I had brown spotting with clots starts 5+4. My hcg was over 18,000 at 6+0. I had a scan at 6+1 that only showed a sac, nothing else, that was measuring 5+5. I went back at 7+4 and baby caught up with everything looking right on target.

Are they going to do a repeat scan soon? Do you know if you have a tilted uterus? From everything I read, that can result in early scans only showing a sac because it's too hard to see everything until a little later. There's a blog and website called Misdiagnosed Miscarriage where many people provided their information showing they had high hcg levels (some 50,000+) where the scan only showed a sac, and then a few to several days later they found a baby with a heartbeat.

Looks like I'm back in limbo. I bought a Doppler a few weeks ago and haven't been able to find a heartbeat but haven't been too worried. The last few days though my hypermesis (which had been kicking my butt) has been fading off to the point where it's now disapeared. I should be pleased that my body is getting a break from the sickness but no I was stupidly worried. Phoned my doctor and he has booked an appointment for an emergency scan Saturday. The quickest the nhs can manage. I thought he would say I was being silly and worrying over nothing but his reaction has made me worried. I'm devastated :( can't believe things could be going wrong now.

I'm sorry maryanne :hugs: It could still be too early to get the heart beat on the doppler (it varies person to person). The placenta should be starting to take over around now, so maybe that's the reason behind the sickness easing? Keeping positive thoughts for you :hugs:

Prayers for a good health baby in your scan.
how far along are you now? Maybe / hopefully too early for a home doppler

I'm 10+2 by my last scan. I wasn't worried about not finding a heartbeat. I just figured it was too early. But my doctors reaction has made me think something is wrong. Normally he just fobs me off with it will all be fine etc, but the fact he rang around our four local hospitals trying to get me a scan had made me think things are going wrong. Guess Saturday will give me answers :( thanks for your kind words ladies.

Thanks leafy, I thought I was 6 weeks. It's not looking good as numbers aren't doubling as they should and still spotting! We shall see xx

You may have just implanted late and things are slow getting started. I dont know much about hcg numbers but i do know when i had a previous miscarriage my numbers went straight down to practically nothing, they definitely werent rising in any way. Hope things turn more positive soon xx

Ah Maryanne I'm sorry you are feeling like this. I'm sure everything is ok, but I know its hard not to worry xx Dopplers are different for everyone.
Your doctor is probably just being cautious but I'm sure if he thought it was bad he would have had you go in today. Thinking of you xx

Maybe I am in he right thread now

Pleas shed light mamas

I had my last period start on December 24 2014 for 7 days

I had some spotting January 26 2015

I had a scan on Monday ( feb 9) and blood work also.
The HCG levels were at 10,000.
so based on that we were expecting to see a fetal pole and Heartbeat.

I had a SCAN and then an INTERAL Scan....
NO Pole No Heartbeat... just a sac.

Im not bleeding... but bloated dizzy crampy.... DR did urine and blod work. ruled out bladder infections or kidney liver issues.

I thought by this stage they would find a Heartbeat or at least more than a SAC....

help... the internet is so conflicting...I need to her from REAL MOMS who know.
please

I had an internal scan when i thought i was 6 weeks - my hcg was 25,000 which they said was very high. All we saw was the sac and small yolk sac inside. No fetal pole which I thought would be there. They put me back to 5+ weeks rather than 6. I was spotting too. Went back 2 weeks later and saw baby and heartbeat.

When will they rescan you? xxx

Thanks ladies,

I'm bleeding more now. But no pain. With my previous mc I had excruciating pain but will just have to wait I suppose. Xx

Looks like I'm back in limbo. I bought a Doppler a few weeks ago and haven't been able to find a heartbeat but haven't been too worried. The last few days though my hypermesis (which had been kicking my butt) has been fading off to the point where it's now disapeared. I should be pleased that my body is getting a break from the sickness but no I was stupidly worried. Phoned my doctor and he has booked an appointment for an emergency scan Saturday. The quickest the nhs can manage. I thought he would say I was being silly and worrying over nothing but his reaction has made me worried. I'm devastated :( can't believe things could be going wrong now.

Wow im surprised the doctor has got you an emergency scan like that! bound to cause you anxiety the way he reacted. I would say its way too early to find HB on home doppler. Couldnt find my daughters til gone 14 weeks. I guess some women are lucky but i wouldnt say its the norm to find it this early. I hope your scan goes well, im sure it will:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->