For those in limbo...

:hugs: emz, so sorry :nope:

Spunky, amazing news, very happy for you :hugs:

How are you holding up Leafy? Your scan is Wednesday, right?

I'm praying for the best for you :hugs:

My scan is Thursday, i don't feel great - as in not v positive :( x

So sorry for your loss emz xx

Spunky, congratulations hun amazing news xx

Leafy, good luck for your scan on Thursday im routing for you, fingers crossed xx

Thanks girls!! I've got no symptoms whatsoever now and its really freaking me out!!!

Anyone else got a scan this week? xx

How do you ladies get through this, my scan is tomorrow and I'm literally falling apart today. Spent most of the day in tears. I just can't shake that bad feeling. It's not like me, normally I cope really well but just not coping at all today :(

How do you ladies get through this, my scan is tomorrow and I'm literally falling apart today. Spent most of the day in tears. I just can't shake that bad feeling. It's not like me, normally I cope really well but just not coping at all today :(

I'm the same i'm actually dreading going for the scan I feel like I cant face what they're going to say :nope:

I know it's dumb but I've even considered cancelling. Just feel like I can't face it. But know I have to.

My. Fingers are crossed and I'm thinking of you girls!! I hope you have amazing scans. I know the dread and the stress but you have to go in with a positive attitude <3

I'm struggling a little more today. I had a prenatal appointment yesterday morning, and the nurse practitioner I saw started out the appointment pretty grim. She was basically trying to prepare me for almost certain miscarriage. That gives a blow to the trying to stay positive thing! But once she saw the rest of the information (that I might be a week earlier), she did talk with a little hope. She reminded me that pregnancy is more an art than a science- that not all babies develop by the book.

Then, last night when my son woke me up (first night in his toddler bed!), I just had this bad feeling come over me about the baby, but it just reminds me to keep praying. I just can't go through the next 2 weeks waiting with a negative outlook on it, I refuse to grieve while the baby's heart may still be beating! I know this baby statistically only has a small chance of making it past the first trimester, but I know that God is listening to my prayers and those of my family and friends! Hoping this baby can be healthy!

P.S. the nurse practitioner I saw yesterday has me resting- wants someone to come help with my son, no lifting him up and down much, no errands, no leaving the house, no sex, etc. until after my next scan in 2 weeks. It's just as an extra precaution, but it makes me feel bad that I can't really take care of my son properly through this... really hoping things will go better after the next scan! :

Leafy: I know the no symptoms can be very worrisome, especially when you're already in a vulnerable state. I hate the fact that websites say it's bad if you lose your symptoms because loss of symptoms doesn't always equal miscarriage.

I know it doesn't really help, but I guess I just want to say that I understand why you're freaking out, but it doesn't always mean the worst. (I'm definitely trying to say that it doesn't always mean bad - trust me, it pretty much always made me angry when someone said something was normal. Yeah, it could be normal, but there's always a possibility it's not. People mean well, but it can't take away the fear because nobody knows for sure).

maryanne1987: I don't there's a way to get through it other than just get through it in a haze. Getting through the limbo is one of the most difficult times, but even when the scan can be your answer, it is so hard to do. I kept saying that I didn't know if my heart was ready to know.

The day before my scan, I was able to keep busy, but the morning of, I didn't know what to do. All I wanted to do was cry and go lay in bed. I was shaking, felt like I couldn't breathe. I think if the roads were so bad and required my attention, I probably would have cried the whole way there.

During the scan, my heart raced. It took every bit of energy to not start sobbing there, waiting for her to say something. I almost had to ask her to please say something because I was about to lose it. It was overwhelming and felt like my world could shatter at any moment.

It'll be hard getting there, but you'll get there. You'll get through it, and afterwards, no matter the result, you'll probably wonder how you did it.

You'll get through it because you're strong even if you don't feel like you're strong, but you are. It takes so much strength to get through this, and you're almost there.

DaisyAnne: Sorry about your appointment :( I know that it made it a little more difficult to keep positive, but remember what you said before: You're baby's heart is still beating. Your baby still showed progress. Your baby hasn't given up.

Why do they want to wait 2 weeks? I know that 2 weeks should show nice progress, but I would imagine 1 week would also show some?

That has to be hard with your son :( How is your support system through all of this?

Why do they want to wait 2 weeks? I know that 2 weeks should show nice progress, but I would imagine 1 week would also show some?

That has to be hard with your son :( How is your support system through all of this?

They just want to wait that extra week to be sure. Even if I go in again in just one week could still mean limbo, so they want to wait a little longer.

My mother-in-law and sister-in-law came today to help a bit, which was super appreciated! My best friend comes with her 2 kids to visit this weekend, so she will be a big help. But as of next week, my mother and mother-in-law both will be out of town, and they're my main help. But really I have some playdates set up, so I think that will be major just having kids here to run around with my son!

Just got out of my scan and my little jellybean is fine!! :) honestly so happy I could cry, well I have cried actually, lots. Baby has now caught up and is measuring 8+2 so a day ahead now and had a lovely strong heartbeat. I'm so shocked, was convinced I would be getting bad news.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->