For those who take bbt, advice please!

KM22

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm looking for some advice please, I've just started to track my bbt, it's pretty consistent at 36.4 sometimes 36.3, anyway I've had 5 days of ewcm, one day with a streak of blood in it, this stopped yesterday and my temp this morn is 36.6... Is this high enough of a jump? I'm not sure that it is from what I've read.
My question is how much of a jump is considered a jump to confirm O?
Oh it's all very confusing!
Thanks for the help ladies!
Oh I'm on CD 18 of a 31 day cycle

Are you using ff as it will normally pinpoint o after a few days of temp jump as it has to be consistent for a few days x

Are you using a basal thermometer to the second decimal point? You'll see far more accuracy with a second decimal point reading.

But as the previous poster mentioned a shift cam be ever so slight and will be confirmed as ov after a few days of higher readings

Thank you ladies, I only have one decimal point... I need to invest in a better one. I didn't know if the jump had to be much bigger though? I will join ff as I know it's a good idea, I'm just not that great at remembering to fill things in every day!
Thanks again

You really need a basal temp as you can see my chart it's the second point that makes so much difference x

I use the kindara app and they say to look for a temp higher than your previous 6 temps

You need to look for a shift that lasts at least 3 days and is higher than your previous 6 temps. So 36.6 is a jump but it has to remain elevated above the previous 6 temps for at least 3 days to be considered a confirmation of Ovulation. It may drop down again and then go back up after a day adn that will still confirm O. OR you could get what I get sometimes, which is a "slow rise" where I get a steep drop on O day adn then for the day or two after ovulation it slowly rises and it isn't until my 3rd day after that I get a big jump above the previous 6 temps.

This is where using an app or website is really helpful because you need to keep a chart otherwise you cannot confirm properly. If you are temping every day you need to at least write down the temp after you check it and then later you can go online or on your phone and plug the numbers into an app.

It's all sort of relative. A big jump for you might be a small jump for someone else, but it's really only meaningful in the context of a pattern. If it's your first month, I wouldn't try to guess too much until you have at least a month's worth of data to give you an idea of your fertility pattern. CM is much more helpful in telling you when you're about to ovulate, and the BBT data can give you an idea of a pattern so you can guess better the next month. That's how I look at it. When I did ovulate and got pregnant, my temps kept going up, up and up each day (until I got an obvious positive test and stopped checking them). So that little increase might be a sign you are ovulating or ovulation is coming, but it's hard to know except in retrospect, if that makes sense. But if you are getting fertile CM, assume your fertile and keep taking your temps so you can look back and see if you were right.

Thank you so much ladies, it's all beginning to make a bit more sense- and there's a lot more to it than just taking temp!
Well it rose again today to 36.7 so I'm taking it as a good sign so far, I will get a better thermometer for next month- and join ff I think, though hopefully I won't need it! Thank you all again for the help X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->