Forum Request - Over 35+ Who have conceived

Hey everyone,
I am 39 and am pregnant with my first! Hubby and I just began trying to conceive 5 months ago so it didn't take long. I was late to start trying, as it took forever to meet Mr. Right. If you're healthy, don't let the whole "over 35" thing freak you out. I chose not to listen to all the negativity. Stress makes it harder to coneive. Good luck everyone!

Congrats newbabymama!!

When are you due? Have you been to the docs for a blood test yet?

I'm very new to being pregnant too - i think im due around Sept 28th, but i want to wait to have that confirmed by scan or whatever they do to judge your dates!

I am 4.4 weeks today, I feel REALLY exhausted and emotional - waiting for hubby to come home from work is a nightmare. I need some emotional support! lol...

Well I'm sitting here posting this with our beautiful 3 month old on my lap. We conceived just after I'd turned 36 after 2 months of 'trying' - we only dtd once or twice around the time of ovulation on the month we conceived. I'd expected it to take ages due to all the negative reports in the media and also as my mom and dad tried for many years to conceive me. Pregnancy was fairly easy although I worried terribly about my nuchal scan, again due to negativity in the media but my risk was lower than that of a 15 year old! Our daughter is a delight to us both and I hope to do it all again in the future. I agree with the suggestion for a forum for older moms - I feel old compared to many of those in baby club! In fact I could be their mom - how scary!

Hi there,

Am 37 soon to be 38 and I got pregnant 3 months after I removed my IUD. There is hope...you are not too old. I intend to have another.

I haven't read the whole thread.. but thought I would share that the first month I dtd at the point of ovulation - I got my BFP...

I only 'attempted' for 2 months (the first month I couldnt DTD until a few days after ovulation - due to OH's work patterns)

I'm 35... so it is not always a struggle

good luck ladies and BABY DUST TO YOU ALL :)

I was 36 when we conceived Zoëlle the very first month of trying (after charting for 3 months and knowing exactly when I ovulate!). Hope we're this lucky for #2!!!

I'm so glad I stumbled onto this forum. I turned 35 in September and trying to wait a few more months to try as I am in college right now, due to graduate in the fall. My husband has been ready to try for awhile now, but if I actually do get pregnant right away I don't want to be ready to deliver when it's close to my graduation date. I do worry about my age at times, but then I see the posts on here, and I feel better about it. I'm more concerned about complications with then pregnancy itself than about conceiving, although I know women are having healthy pregnancies even later in life these days. Still, this forum gives me hope and settles my nerves a little. Thanks!

PS- I'm new to this, so a lot of the abbreviations leave me perplexed. Anyone have a list I can use for a reference somewhere?

I actually just figured out where to look for the abbreviations. I guess I should have looked around a little more before posting. :)

Hi all, what a great thread - just wanted to share my story. We started TTC just after I turned 36, and it took us just over a year of trying to conceive our son who is now 8 months old. I'm now 38, and have just found out I'm pregnant with our second child (still in shock, as we weren't really trying!) I'll be 39 when this one's born in October.

Hi all, what a great thread - just wanted to share my story. We started TTC just after I turned 36, and it took us just over a year of trying to conceive our son who is now 8 months old. I'm now 38, and have just found out I'm pregnant with our second child (still in shock, as we weren't really trying!) I'll be 39 when this one's born in October.

Great news! Congrats! And thanks for sharing. :flower:

Congrats cb1!!! Hoping to join you soon, just stopped contraception in the hopes of being blessed with a #2 :)

I'm 35 and just got my BFP after four months of TTC after a mc, when I conceived the first month of trying. Sometimes all the literature makes 35 seem like a magic number, and the day you turn 35 your fertility drops. Its just an average; some people are fertile for much longer, some have problems even in their 20s.

I'm 38 just got my BFP today I was so shocked I took 4 test and then ran off to the doctor and they sent me to the lab for blood work to confirm *totally shocked* been ttc since August!

I'm 38 just got my BFP today I was so shocked I took 4 test and then ran off to the doctor and they sent me to the lab for blood work to confirm *totally shocked* been ttc since August!

Congratulations!

Pip x

Pip,

It is so lovely to see you here. I hope you are doing well.

I was 35 and got pregnant by surprise last year! I now have a 14 month old. I know two others over 35 that had surprises last year as well, one lady who was told 12 years ago she would NEVER concieve. She is very happy with her new son.
There is hope for over 35's. :)

Pip,

It is so lovely to see you here. I hope you are doing well.

Hello

Yes, I'm fine. Trying to keep my stress levels low and not get hung up on TTC! Easier said than done!

How are you?

Pip x

I am new to the forum and it very comforting to know that there are so many other women over the age of 35 who are trying to conceive.

I am 42 and a mother of 4, my youngest is 9 and my oldest is 20. I was just recently told my estrogen is low so I am right at the start of perimenopause. I havent had a period for over 4 months. I was told that I probably will get my periods back and I could ovulate at anytime. My husband and I have been using birth control and we just recently decided to stop. We figure if it happens it will and if not then it was meant to be.

I spent so many years wishing my period away and now I wish it would come back at least so I know when I ovulate. It really sucks getting old:growlmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->