• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Forum Request - Over 35+ Who have conceived

don't give up ladies, just got this when I got home from work :)

Attachments

• IMAG0539.jpg
    IMAG0539.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 12
I got off the pill at the end of May 2010 after being on it for many, many years. 35 years old, 1st positive test 8/17! Temped and charted CM. Many told me to prepare for possibly a year of trying... guess they didn't know how fertile me and DH were. Good luck to all of you who are still trying. We're due 5/2/11 with our 1st little bundle!

I got off the pill at the end of May 2010 after being on it for many, many years. 35 years old, 1st positive test 8/17! Temped and charted CM. Many told me to prepare for possibly a year of trying... guess they didn't know how fertile me and DH were. Good luck to all of you who are still trying. We're due 5/2/11 with our 1st little bundle!

Actually I have heard that you are the most fertile right off the pill...CONGRATS!

hi ladies,

im new here....just wanted to share a few tips on my health an get some guidance

I am 37yrs 4mnths old, (I like to be precise:winkwink:) hee hee,

I am ttc for the first time in my life but am an underactive thyroid sufferer. I have been suffering from hyerthyroidism since the age of 26.

I got married just under 4 years ago, been with my hubby since 11 years, not been all that sexually active until october 2010 due to domestic, social and health problems.

I have now been settled in my relationship with my hubby since the past 2 years and we have decided to have a family. We've been deciding since last year but actually put plans into actions for real last month.

Because of all these years of non activity (sexually) I'm a bit concerned with my thyroid condition that it may take me forever to conceive. But having siad that I had my thyroid levels tested on last month on 21st Jan 2011 and the results were superb.

My TSH is 3.95 / (0.5 - 5.5)
My T4 is 12.9 / (10.3 - 23.2)

I can swear that out of the 11 years of my condition with thyroid i've never had such excellent results. I've had my TSH go upto 13 and my T4 upto 21!!!!

But the other good news is that my periods are dead on time and have settled from being irregular and extensively heavy. I have had settled periods since about 3 years with a cycle of 28 days.

Only last month i made a mistake of take the mefenamic acid on the second day of my period as I was flying out (27th Jan 2011) and it was a long hauled flight (Direct 13.5hrs) and I just wouldn't have been able to bear the pain. I got to learn that this medication although helps with the pain and controls the levels of blood flow, it also delays the next AF.

As is the case, I now started my periods 5 days late. I was due on 23rd Feb, but didnt start till yesterday (28th Feb). I'm a bit concerned now as to whether my ovulation date will be affected, and if whether my cycle's routine of 28 days will be affected and if whether my next period will be affected?????

I'm just hoping that I can conceive this month as it was the first and last time I will have had taken the mefenamic acid. I only took 2 and it wasnt as though i've been taking them for months.

I'm just worried, even though my thyroid results are superb, could the med have affected my thyroid levels which could have an impact on me conceiving this month? I really really want to try and get results this month as it's my first one.......

apart from all that, I also have concerns about the changes in the body as I've grown older and not being sexually active throughout my time, and all that stress that I've gone through over the years............i'm just getting bogged down with so many things that "COULD" have an impact.

Hi 37

I also have an underactive thyroid since I was 16. Did IVF in a previous relationship and a very good RE said that my TSH had to be 2 or under to achieve and sustain pregnancy.

Have a read of this thread
https://www.babyandbump.com/ttc-after-loss/502650-tsh-thyroid-levels.html

Hope this helps. :dust:

:thumbup:Hi Pinga,

thanks for that information. It's now making me think. My last test results show 3.95. This raises a question as to whether I'll be borderline to conceive.

I will call my g.p and see what s/he has to say for it. Despite that, I will still try this month with the blessings of god and see how it goes.

I am going for another blood test on tuesday for viral problems, i will request for my tsh to be tested for an up to date result so that I can work on ttc with the right health results.

Will keep you informed of my latest results and will inform you of the results of ttc at the end of this month early next month!!!

Keep your eyes and ears open!!!

:thumbup: :winkwink:

I'm 35 it took me 3 months to concieve. My BMI is normal, I drink a fair amount :p and had a super stressful job, but it worked fine. I was on the pill since 18, stopped 7 months before ttc.

Just got my BFP a few days ago at 41 after 3 cycles trying. :happydance:

Another BFP!!!!!!! Congratulations jeniwi xxxxxx Ive also just read of another over 40s bfp on the soy isoflavones thread. Im excited that this may be catching :) xxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->