• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Forum Request - Over 35+ Who have conceived

I used birth control pills for years with no breaks. I stopped taking them for a whole year about 2 years ago to see if my cycles would be regular naturally, and they definately were! I went back on the pill for another year (we were not ready to start trying yet) and just last fall after not taking them for a couple of months, we started trying in November and now I am 9 weeks pregnant. Beginner's luck maybe? Anyway, I feel like having a positive attitude in light of all of the negative comments from people about women in their 40's trying to conceive really helped me alot, and I'm sure there was some luck involved too lol. Now I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well throughout the pregnancy and staying positive every day. Good luck everyone!!!

well im 43 and my 3 youngest i have 5 who are 6, 3 and 7 months i had them at 37 40 and 42 i was 27 when i had my 1st and was consided an older mum then lol so being over 35 doesnt mean you cant have a baby i hope this helps some of you and ya never no may go for an even no 6 xxxxxxx

well im 43 and my 3 youngest i have 5 who are 6, 3 and 7 months i had them at 37 40 and 42 i was 27 when i had my 1st and was consided an older mum then lol so being over 35 doesnt mean you cant have a baby i hope this helps some of you and ya never no may go for an even no 6 xxxxxxx

Hello Carrieanne.

I'm 40 and my son was born when I was three weeks short of 26. The hospital treated me as an older mum too! By the time I conceive my next one I'll be positively ancient using their dating methods!!!!

Pip x

What a wonderful thread, I had my first daughter when i was 36, 6 days short of my 37th birthday and my second daughter when i was 38, we are ttc#3, will know in a few days in we are pregnant, both my pregnancies were first time tries, I feel very blessed:)

Hello ladies, im not sure if I am inspired or feeling worse, I just trawled through this entire thread and I am the OLDEST :blush: without writing five pages I will try to tell my story in brief. I am 44 , have 3 sons aged 24,22 and 19 all from my first marriage, I have been re married for 7years (hubby is 38) we always wanted a baby (he has no children of his own) but have had too much to deal with since we married. The hardest being my middle son suffering severe brain injuries aged 18. Fast forward to now .... had my mirena coil removed last March, it was 7 months until October when I finally had a visit from AF, she hasn't been since. I am going to my GP tomorrow and hope that he is more interested than the one I visited last year who simply took my blood and announced all normal "for my age" which tells me nothing! Im taking preconception vits and folic acid. I am fit and healthy, just had a very stressful and traumatic few years.

Thanks for reading "oldest in town" x x

Hi Dazhell

I'm sure I saw at least one other lady in this forum over 44, was maybe 6 months ago but there was definately 1 here, just can't remembr her name or age. You're still a spring chicken xx

Hello Dazhell

There are a couple of other groups that you may be interested in taking a look at:

https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-conceive-over-35/355138-ttc-40-plus-lets-share-ups-downs.html which is for those TTC aged 40 and over.

https://www.babyandbump.com/ttc-groups/414504-official-ex-mirena-thread.html which is for those TTC after a Mirena removal

I'm a member of both so maybe see you over there.

Pip x

Hi everyone, I got my bfp this week and I'm 39. It is baby no.2 but it has been a long road of TTC - two years, clomid, IUI and a blocked tube to boot! So if you want to check out the details I posted in the BFP section, here is the link:

https://www.babyandbump.com/bfp-announcements/541335-clomid-iui-one-tube-39yo-bfp.html

Much, much babydust to everyone, and thank you ladies for this thread. It gave me a lot of hope over the last few months and the support has really helped.

Congrats thats brilliant news Here's to a BIG BOUNCING BELLY! X :happydance:

Well I am 36 almost 37! Had DS at 21 and DD at 31 and now expecting number 3! What you need is a really great doctor to talk too! My doc was an older mum and believes that age is just a number! I have had close friends that have had them at (friend one) 37,38,39 and 40! second friend 39, third friend 43! and another friend at 42! So please don't despair. Yes it might take a little longer, you need to look after yourself really well! I used to love my vino!! Looking back both DH and I were doing too much of it (both have really stressful jobs) not really a decent excuse! So I decided I was going to have a drink one night a week and that was it, next thing you know BFP, did have accupuntue too, which I would strongly advise, made me really positive about TTC. POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE! Try it, it works!!!!

Sending loads of baby dust to all.

Hey all,

My last pregnancy I was kind of treated like an older mom at 39 with trying to get me to do all the of invasive tests from my first appointment and all. Now that I am expecting my (hopefully) third and final child at 42, the clinic I am going to now is treating me just like another pregnant mom. The clinic you go to can make a really big difference. I like my doctor here much better as well so I am glad that I changed where I am going.

For those of you who have been trying for six months or less, try to remember that it can take up to 12 months on average for a couple supposedly in the prime age for conception. It took us 13 months total with 11 months after an early miscarriage.

My OH has been wonderful putting up with all of my complaining and stuff but to be honest, compared to my two girls, this one has been pretty easy so far. I am having much, much less m/s and mostly am really tired a lot. Having a toddler can increase that as well though. I wonder if that means we are expecting a boy? We pretty much decided that we would keep this one a mystery until arrival.

I hope everyone else is doing well and can't wait to see more of you over in the pregnancy section. I tell you, those young girls have no idea about a lot of things. :winkwink:

Hi there, Had three positive prgnancy tests...waiting to have confirmation by doc via blood test. I should be about 4 weeks but nothing showed up on scan. Fingers x.

Hope everything is ok. Amstill 37+years old.

i turned 37 april 2010 and had our little girl june 2010.

summer 2009 i did acupuncture, started cleansing, and changing my diet.
then early september i tried the cbfm. i got pregnant late sept./early oct.

i'm almost 38, and go back and forth each day about having #2.

hearing from the 35+ set is really helpful!

Hello Everyone!

I am new to this site and I like a lot of people are stressing about trying to conceive over the age of 35. Is there a forum on this site that talks about people over the age of 35 who have conceived?

Some days my nerves just can take hearing how long it’s been for some people. I would like a place to go to where I can read something positive. A place that could help a person though their really bad days and the days when they feel like they are losing hope.

Please don’t get me wrong I am not trying to offend anyone. I just want a place to go to where someone says.... Hey I'm 38 and I've tried for 1 yr and now I have a health baby XXX

Thanks

Signed:
A little stress!

Hey I'm 38. We tried for a month and I conceived at 37, delivered at 38 in November 2010. November of 2009 I had a miscarriage. We had tried for a month that time too. We had a healthy baby boy at 39 weeks 8 lbs 12 oz.

Hello so nice to hear all the positive stories!!!!
hopefully BFP's for all of us ttc.

well I never, very very faint line on a FRER last night at 11dpo. Not getting too excited just yet but I do keep getting slight twinges now and had a really upset stomach on Sunday. Fingers xed as I needed to book in for Hycosy on CD1 of next cycle, hopefully I won't need it but I'd still be interested in the results from the bloods and SA.

Will be here just in time for my 42nd birthday if all goes well.

I am 42 and just had a scan at 6 w+3 and saw heart beat! so relieved. had a m/c this time last year and this has happened 4 weeks before ivf! cannot believe it is all ok it can be done girls xxx

I am 42 and just had a scan at 6 w+3 and saw heart beat! so relieved. had a m/c this time last year and this has happened 4 weeks before ivf! cannot believe it is all ok it can be done girls xxx

congratulations GQ!! You must be so relieved. It just goes to show it's always when you least expect it. I've left the CBFM alone for the last 2 months and just did a few ov sticks occasionally. I went with the theory that ov happens sometime between cd14 and 1 cd17 for me and made the most of it from about cd10 to cd20.

I've also not been thinking I'd better not have a drink, just in case and was out on Friday and Sunday night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->